SVB's Mosconi Facebook post

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Boot Camp, LMAO......

June 1, 2018

To my Fans and Sponsors,

It’s that time of year……We are approaching the selection of the 2018 Mosconi Cup initial squad. Since playing in my first Cup over ten years ago I’ve been a part of several changes. Some changes I feel were needed and others in my opinion were questionable. This gruelling Cup format brings on a tremendous amount of pressure. A jam-packed venue with crazy, energetic fans that helps grow the sport we all love. As you all know, I travel more than any US player, honing my skills and etching my name in history. Therefore, my schedule leaves very little time for my family and friends. An expansion to the selection process has been made, putting heavy demands on my schedule, including two mandatory boot camps in the US and 3 others in Europe. This expanded programme takes at least five weeks out of my busy schedule. Therefore, I have elected to not take part in the programme this year.

Obviously, this will greatly reduce my chances of representing the USA next December. However, if ultimately picked, I would proudly represent our country and arrive in London prior to the event and practice with the team. No disrespect to my fans, sponsors and captains. I hope to be on the team, but I understand if they go in a different direction. Either way, I will continue to practice hard and put in the hours it takes to play this game at such a high level. Thanks again for your understanding and continued support. And I hope USA wins 👍🏻

Respectfully,

Shane Van Boening

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
LOL......... It's to early for this crap.

Attachments

• Oh_No_Not_this_shit_again.jpg
    Oh_No_Not_this_shit_again.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 2,598

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Boot Camp, LMAO......

June 1, 2018

To my Fans and Sponsors,

It’s that time of year……We are approaching the selection of the 2018 Mosconi Cup initial squad. Since playing in my first Cup over ten years ago I’ve been a part of several changes. Some changes I feel were needed and others in my opinion were questionable. This gruelling Cup format brings on a tremendous amount of pressure. A jam-packed venue with crazy, energetic fans that helps grow the sport we all love. As you all know, I travel more than any US player, honing my skills and etching my name in history. Therefore, my schedule leaves very little time for my family and friends. An expansion to the selection process has been made, putting heavy demands on my schedule, including two mandatory boot camps in the US and 3 others in Europe. This expanded programme takes at least five weeks out of my busy schedule. Therefore, I have elected to not take part in the programme this year.

Obviously, this will greatly reduce my chances of representing the USA next December. However, if ultimately picked, I would proudly represent our country and arrive in London prior to the event and practice with the team. No disrespect to my fans, sponsors and captains. I hope to be on the team, but I understand if they go in a different direction. Either way, I will continue to practice hard and put in the hours it takes to play this game at such a high level. Thanks again for your understanding and continued support. And I hope USA wins 👍🏻

Respectfully,

Shane Van Boening

This FB post is proof that SVB is a great player ...he beat the ghost so bad that the ghost
is now working for him....’cause his FB post HAS to be ghost written....
...what American uses the spelling “programme” instead of “program”?

This spelling is also a clue that the ‘ghost’ is English.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good for him. Brave and sensible.I hope this will be the first nail in the coffin of this senseless circus.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
This FB post is proof that SVB is a great player ...he beat the ghost so bad that the ghost

is now working for him....’cause his FB post HAS to be ghost written....

...what American uses the spelling “programme” instead of “program”?

This spelling is also a clue that the ‘ghost’ is English.

That’s a good eye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

woodhams

Registered
Good going...…….he is a great player...….to much crap just to get on the team...……..das anybody know how much he has to spend just to be on the team...….he is one of the best in the usa

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Boot Camp, LMAO......

June 1, 2018

To my Fans and Sponsors,

Respectfully,

Shane Van Boening
Now it will be very interesting to see if he is still picked for the team, in as much as he has told them he will not be participating in the team training process prior to the event. I guess I kind of have mixed feelings regarding this, but as he has clearly proven himself to be the best US 9-ball player for the past 10 years, by a wide margin, personally I still think he deserves an invite, even though he may not fully participate in the training sessions.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now it will be very interesting to see if he is still picked for the team, in as much as he has told them he will not be participating in the team training process prior to the event. I guess I kind of have mixed feelings regarding this, but as he has clearly proven himself to be the best US 9-ball player for the past 10 years, by a wide margin, personally I still think he deserves an invite, even though he may not fully participate in the training sessions.

He is the best player US has to offer but he is not a very good team player. He is 11-16 in singles and 11-17 in doubles over his Mosconi Cup career.

Honestly I think he hurts the team because it is demoralizing when you feel your best player is not winning in a team format. I feel that puts even more pressure on the other players.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
He belongs on the team regardless....

That said, I lost interest in the MC several years ago when the overseas fans got so nasty, they were throwing things and making comments about one players wife. That and the fact that the USA simply cannot compete with the Europeans anymore.

So basically, I think he SHOULD spend more available time with family and friends. Life's too short not to.

Maniac

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Honestly I think he hurts the team because it is demoralizing when you feel your best player is not winning in a team format. I feel that puts even more pressure on the other players.

As if the team will do better without him? :wink: Maybe it's the rest of the team demoralizing HIM.

Maniac (wow, just WOW)

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Add Canada to our team.

Alex

Stephen Holem, a 21 or 22 year old from Calgary who is shooting very well. Heard that he ran 13 racks of 8 ball last year in the finals of the VNEA Intermediate championship. Came out of the one loss bracket in the race to 7 tournament.
Just won the Masters 8 ball this week.

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I normally think the US players don't take it seriously enough (as in the qualifying / training), but here you have to feel for him, it sounds like a lot to ask and presumably is all unpaid?

On this occasion it is completely understandable.

What is interesting is that sometimes losing your best player can have an uplifting effect...so you never know!

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As if the team will do better without him? :wink: Maybe it's the rest of the team demoralizing HIM.

Maniac (wow, just WOW)

I do not believe the team could do much worse. Do we really lose anything if he is not on the team and we still lose? We aren't even competitive these days.

He is not worried about making the team so he is not attending these camps. He is too busy "etching his name in history" as his statement says. Someone wanting to be part of a team would not make that statement. Sounds like he is saying I am too good to go through the process.

I felt the same way about Tiger Woods. He was a phenom but performed terribly while playing with a team on Ryder Cup.

I think to be the best at an individual sport you have the exact opposite of a team mentality. Maybe different motivations? Maybe different kind of pressure?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Maniac (wow, just WOW)

I do not have a dog in this race, but I for one would think it stupid to not have the "best" US 9 ball and 10 ball player on the team.

Am I missing something other than the training camp issue? BTW, I do not think the 5 week training camp will matter -/+ to any degree when it comes to his performance.

As a matter of fact, a break would probably be a good thing for someone that has hit as many balls as he. Most younger players have no idea how it feels to have been on the "grind" for years on end. Hell, most complain after a long weekend.

Not invite Shane? Stupid to say the least.

Then again, look at the way our top pro players in the states have to live compared to most "all" other countries. It's pitiful and I think were lucky to do even as good as we are.

Bottom line:

If I feed my horse crap, how can I expect him to run?

Rake

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't the players get like 2 grand to complete?

If that is so then that is stairway too much. And hell, don't most American Pro Players have to have full time jobs to make ends meet???

JC

Coos Cues
Some times it's best to move on and never look back without regret or malice.

Shane will be just fine, unlike the US Mosconi cup team.

JC