(New) Mental System for Pool Players from Zero-X

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
His grandfather was a good player and defeated John Roberts Sr. in 1865. Walter's father and older brother were players. His father ran billiard rooms in the goldfields of Australia and elsewhere. Walter watched his older brother (by 10 years) being trained by his father and wanted very much to play. Billiards was what his family did. He was allowed to start practicing when he was about 8 or 9 and (according to his biography) was allowed to use only one ball for the first six months. At 12 he saw John Roberts Jr. play and later claimed he could remember and replay an entire 600-point break that Roberts had made.

Interestingly, Walter's father changed him from a naturally right-handed player to playing left-handed. That was because Walter was missing part of a finger on his right hand and could not grip the cue well with it. In films/videos you can notice his bridge hand does not look quite right. Sigel is also a right-hander who shoots left.

I urge everyone to get and read this biography by Andrew Ricketts which is packed full of interesting historical details:

View attachment 523202

Sorry to stay off-topic, but as an Australian who used to play a lot of billiards, Lindrum is a special name for me.

I believe his father also had some pretty strict rules regarding practice (being forced to stay at the table for 6+ hours).

His instructional book is also amazing. A good friend of mine is a multiple Australian champion and has a high break of 964. He discovered billiards fairly late in his life. His college had a snooker table, and he found Lindrum’s book on billiards and spent a year alone with that book and the table before even meeting anyone else who plays billiards or snooker. He would spend hours with an object ball on the rail, cueball about 2-3 inches away, just double kissing the cueball back in a straight line to his tip. If you look for Danik Lucas on YouTube you can find some 400 and 500 breaks of his. Any book that can get a player to the point of knocking in centuries without any interaction with anyone else is pretty amazing.

Actually, here’s 300 points of top of the table: https://youtu.be/72Hb96zYBdw

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a Patreon member and also have the DVD.

1 hour and 42 minutes of presenting a Mental System for you to improve the mental side of your game. A lot of time and work went into this topic. You won't regret the purchase.

It would be wise to use a note pad to write down key notes (bullets) of the video to trigger specific areas of the video. You may have to watch and listen to the video several times, maybe once a week until everything starts to become automatic. I'll listen to my DVD every Sunday for a month maybe even longer.

Get the popcorn and a drink ready, sit back and enjoy one of the most interesting DVD's you will ever watch.

Have fun out there. :)

John

Joe Pickens

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree that this is another in a long line of top-notch DVD's put out by Tor and the Zero-X Team. As with all of his other DVD's you cannot go wrong with the Mental System as I begin watching it again today.

I am just really impressed with the amount of time and dedication that is put into each product to produce material for the pool community to help improve their game.

Thanks Tor, for another superbly produced product that is sure to help me reach my goal of making SVB my rack boy. Okay, maybe a little beyond reality, but it will still help me improve.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This DVD will probably be remembered and go down in history as The Inner Game of Pocket Billiards for many years to come. A great piece of work. :)

John

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad to see some well deserved comments on Tor,s work. Patreon is also another great addition.But like everything you have to do the work,put the time in.The mechanics are important but without the mental toughness you cant perform. You never can control your opponent but can control yourself. Keep it coming Tor

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure, some here have ordered and seen the video by now.

Please comment on the content and presentation.

I liked the video and thought that the presentation was excellent.

John

JL in ATL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah Rico, its pretty sad that this thread went sideways. The whole intent was to inform players that Zero-X has produced a new video (available on DVD or Digital Download) helping students with the mental side of the game.

The video is excellent and is an eye opener.

For those that have viewed the video your comments posted here are very welcome.

Thank you. :)

John

I bought the video and it is very eye opening. My main takeaway was to "get out of the way of yourself"

Regards,

John

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
The mental game in any endevour boils down to confidence and belief in your ability. Positive mental attitude.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those that have the DVD, now Tor has the finished the book, The Mental System for pool players.

For those that don't have the DVD, you can order the DVD and book as a package.

The Ebook is not available at this time.

Supplies are limited sorry to say.

Have a great day.

Have a good Veterans Day and remember those who have passed.

John.