Joining the masses

Billiard Architect

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure if any of you remember me... I have gone by many different names. (SSCS, Mahogany Beast, Dehumanizer and Johnny V) I recently moved my lathe equipment to a powered storage space. Wife and I are about to close the Antique shop we have been running for the last 5 years and now I am ready to start building cues. I have around 20 house cues I will be turning into 2 piece cues. Practicing doing joint work. Already do my own tips, ferrules and shaft cleaning. Already own 2 wood lathes and an Enco 13x40 metal lathe. Just got a Dewalt 618 router.

Have tried to find a cue maker in my area to let me watch them work. They have been helpful in answering questions but (and I understand their apprehension) have not let me see their shop.

Any video or book recommendations that are not proprietary to the sellers equipment that you would consider invaluable?

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure if any of you remember me... I have gone by many different names. (SSCS, Mahogany Beast, Dehumanizer and Johnny V) I recently moved my lathe equipment to a powered storage space. Wife and I are about to close the Antique shop we have been running for the last 5 years and now I am ready to start building cues. I have around 20 house cues I will be turning into 2 piece cues. Practicing doing joint work. Already do my own tips, ferrules and shaft cleaning. Already own 2 wood lathes and an Enco 13x40 metal lathe. Just got a Dewalt 618 router.

Have tried to find a cue maker in my area to let me watch them work. They have been helpful in answering questions but (and I understand their apprehension) have not let me see their shop.

Any video or book recommendations that are not proprietary to the sellers equipment that you would consider invaluable?

Chris Hightower has a good book and videos that can be applied to most equipment.

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why have you had so many screen names?
Some on here have done it to try to hide past bad behavior.
Just wondering