Pro pool on glorious Gold Crown 6 Cushions

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Hip is a slang for fashionably current and in the know. To be hip is to have "an attitude, a stance" in opposition to the "unfree world", or to what is square or prude. Being hip is also about being informed about the latest ideas, styles, and developments. Hip, like cool, does not refer to one specific quality.

You didn’t go deep enough into the etymology of ‘hip’

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One just never knows where a thread will head, regardless of the of the intended direction.

PT, I said it before, I had a very hard time adjusting to the online chitchat. Hell, I'm still adjusting. It's a huge learning curve for some.

AZB is like a box of chocolates. You just never know what your gonna get.

One could join and then be asked about the level of play or whatnot with the ghost. They proceed to answer the question and about that time he is bombarded with:

Why you got to always talk about your level of play?

And then that new comer will hear:

People that actually play at higher levels don't talk about it.

Lol...PT, I didn't think I was gonna survive this place for a bit there. And that's funny because when I was a good bit younger I survived a LOT of very, very dangerous situations. Some of those situations was military related and some of them came about while hanging around in some of the world's roughest neighborhood rooms.

Decades of ^^^^^^^^^ and then retire......and then have problems adjusting to a DAMN KEYBOARD...lol.

Go figure,

Jeff
Military, bad neighborhoods, pool rooms, forums.
All full of the same things.

Debate, politics, crazy people,the man, bustin balls, gamblin,braggin about
whatcha got, talkin about what he aint got, and they
are all mostly male.

Looks to me like your doin just fine.:)

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You do just fine on here, Jeff.....you communicate well...and it’s like playing pool....
...we also get better at it

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ = vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

An average player has a better chance of being good, or even one day being great but, only after he is taken in by someone that knows what's up.

Jeff

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Military, bad neighborhoods, pool rooms, forums.
All full of the same things.

Debate, politics, crazy people,the man, bustin balls, gamblin,braggin about
whatcha got, talkin about what he aint got, and they
are all mostly male.

Looks to me like your doin just fine.:)

Yeah, I guess they do kinda go hand in hand.

Jeff

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
. One day when I get close to that number I’ll call you and we can deal hopefully

If you wanna discuss it further get in touch. I cannot advertise my pricing, but, like I said my prices are very competitive. Thanks

Trent from Toledo:thumbup:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The beat to death last decade topic of Diamond or Bwick tables is a topic I thought I’d never mention again-10 years ago. Yet here we go again....

I like Diamond as a company and I can call the owner or guy who designed their tables anytime I want and talk to them. That’s pretty solid and great biz. Diamond is a better company from that perspective for me anyways. And they are assembled in America which is cool, parts sourced from all over the world like anything. They have their share of internal drama over the years like any business. Of course that’s private and ends here. They are a solid company and will continue to be-that’s very certain. They solve their problems and move forward.

I like GC’s better tho. I don’t like Bwick the company so much. It’s a huge public company with a billiards division. I had a contact there and used to buy direct from Bwick (they were breaking their own rules) but that is long in the past and I can mention it now. I never exploited that opportunity like I could have-meaning buying more and selling more product. I had better ways to make $ and it was too small. Kinda got side tracked here.

Anyways my point is I like Diamond as a company better and I like GC’s as a table to play on better. Assuming they are both properly installed.

Diamond has a better quality product overall. But for my taste I like playing on GC’s more given the choice between tables.

One last note anyone spending $10K on a new GC has lost their mind. But that’s another topic.

I think I drank too much coffee I’m scattered today j/k

Fatboy

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
One last note anyone spending $10K on a new GC has lost their mind. But that’s another topic.

I think I drank too much coffee I’m scattered today j/k

Fatboy

Diamond Pro, Pro Am or Brunswick GC6 are not very far off in price. Not many things in life you can keep and use your ENTIRE life. That to me means it is worth the price.

I cannot even have one cup of coffee and if I do I would be BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS!!!

Trent from Toledo

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Diamond Pro, Pro Am or Brunswick GC6 are not very far off in price. Not many things in life you can keep and use your ENTIRE life. That to me means it is worth the price.

I cannot even have one cup of coffee and if I do I would be BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS!!!

Trent from Toledo

Not even close in resale value if one ever needs to sell after buying new.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Trent from Toledo
Not to mention, the cheapest of those mentioned to manufacturer, is also the most expensive to buy new.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Not to mention, the cheapest of those mentioned to manufacturer, is also the most expensive to buy new.

Unfortunately least cost combination economics are a reality.

MSRP does not mean there is no wiggle room= just can't advertise it.

Factory Direct = No less than the factory.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Unfortunately least cost combination economics are a reality.

MSRP does not mean there is no wiggle room= just can't advertise it.

Factory Direct = No less than the factory.

There's a big difference between the perception of value, and real value, and resale brings about the realities of the truth. There are lots of GC's in storage, wishing they could be sold, while most looking, wish they could find a Diamond used at a cheaper price.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
There's a big difference between the perception of value, and real value, and resale brings about the realities of the truth. There are lots of GC's in storage, wishing they could be sold, while most looking, wish they could find a Diamond used at a cheaper price.

Just think how much more affordable diamonds could be if they were manufactured by YALIN and assembled here. They could easily make those tables

Trent from Toledo

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Glen,

I have tried to explain to Trent how much difference the cloth makes.

TrentFromToledo just doesn't seem to want any info from people with more Pool ability and experience so I just gave up.

Bill Stroud

I play on Simonis cloth all the time on Pro Cut pockets. Worsted wool is far faster than napped felt. I understand what you said about trying to get shape on the old napped felt. Common knowledge. Whats your point?

Trent

P.s. not to mention we were not even talking about cloth or how it plays, so really, help me understand how what you just posted has anything to do with what we were talking about ?

P.s.s Are you going to continue to try and tell me how Pro Cut Pockets have no place in pool as well?

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Just think how much more affordable diamonds could be if they were manufactured by YALIN and assembled here. They could easily make those tables

Trent from Toledo

I wonder what would happen if YALIN bought the design rights to the Brunswick Anniversaries and Centennial's, and produced the same tables today for half of what you sell them for, but new. You think customers would jump on them instead of buying tables from you?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I play on Simonis cloth all the time on Pro Cut pockets. Worsted wool is far faster than napped felt. I understand what you said about trying to get shape on the old napped felt. Common knowledge. Whats your point?

Trent

P.s. not to mention we were not even talking about cloth or how it plays, so really, help me understand how what you just posted has anything to do with what we were talking about ?

P.s.s Are you going to continue to try and tell me how Pro Cut Pockets have no place in pool as well?

Bill is right, the Steven's 22oz Superweave was, and still would be my first choice of cloth the play on today. Only thing is, you've never played on it to know the difference. Speed isn't all its cracked up to be, cue ball control and the ability to spin the cue ball far outweigh speed.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
There's a big difference between the perception of value, and real value, and resale brings about the realities of the truth.( There are lots of GC's in storage, wishing they could be sold, )while most looking, wish they could find a Diamond used at a cheaper price.

That’s a pathetic fallacy!

If you google ‘pathetic fallacy’...you wont’t be mad...:)

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Bill is right, the Steven's 22oz Superweave was, and still would be my first choice of cloth the play on today. Only thing is, you've never played on it to know the difference. Speed isn't all its cracked up to be, cue ball control and the ability to spin the cue ball far outweigh speed.

All of what you said means about nothing since Simonis is the standard. I think you said that cloth is not even made anymore. So talking about something that is not in existence when you are trying to make a point: makes ZERO sense.

Trent

Not gonna argue with either of you. You are just bored.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That’s a pathetic fallacy!

If you google ‘pathetic fallacy’...you wont’t be mad...:)

I hear ya buddy, but I know of a 112 GC1s in storage with just one person, and lots of them in other areas as well, all of them wishing they could be what they use to be.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
All of what you said means about nothing since Simonis is the standard. I think you said that cloth is not even made anymore. So talking about something that is not in existence when you are trying to make a point: makes ZERO sense.

Trent

Not gonna argue with either of you. You are just bored.

Ohhhhh if you only knew what I know😎