Memphis

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone recommend a joint with some 9’ tables near or not too far from the Memohis airport? Thanks in advance.

Jakie

Registered
The REC

Check out the Southhaven RecCenter in Southhaven MS. About 20 min from Memphis airport. Good room with good equipment.. Action if you want it.

mhilton777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I second Nick on that. Bill Rowsey is one of the best room owners I have ever met and it is a great old school players room!

ChopStick

Unsane Poster
Silver Member
I second Nick on that. Bill Rowsey is one of the best room owners I have ever met and it is a great old school players room!

The Rack on Lamar is closest. Best pool room, in the worst location anywhere. I wouldn't go there after dark. Great room though.

High Pockets on Summer. Good all around but the rail birds are chain smokers when they get going and they all line up by the good tables.

As a side note, there have been 30 shootings on the expressways so far this year in Memphis. No reason, people are just driving around shooting. Watch your ass while you are there.

Last edited:

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Rack on Lamar is closest. Best pool room, in the worst location anywhere. I wouldn't go there after dark. Great room though.

High Pockets on Summer. Good all around but the rail birds are chain smokers when they get going and they all line up by the good tables.

As a side note, there have been 30 shootings on the expressways so far this year in Memphis. No reason, people are just driving around shooting. Watch your ass while you are there.

Thanks for the options, really appreciate it. For years I stayed downtown and would grab a teak at the Chophouse and then goal some beers and listen to music.not anymore. That place just isn't safe anymore. It's a shame.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the options, really appreciate it. For years I stayed downtown and would grab a teak at the Chophouse and then goal some beers and listen to music.not anymore. That place just isn't safe anymore. It's a shame.

I second everything chopstick said although i have not played much at the reck in southhaven it seems ok....non smoking if that's a must for you.

I will add that hi pockets is my favorite though.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tennessee...jeeziz, wtf?!

As I always ove to share about my neighboring state: I went there and asked about action spots. Got a pm that said about a particular joint: they will bet and don't mind losing...coz you aren't leaving with it.

Ow.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tennessee...jeeziz, wtf?!

As I always ove to share about my neighboring state: I went there and asked about action spots. Got a pm that said about a particular joint: they will bet and don't mind losing...coz you aren't leaving with it.

Ow.

You’ve talked me into room service and jumping an earlier flight the next morning back to paradise.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
There’s no action in Memphis....

0405DF66-F853-42D2-A5AE-3FBC399FC2AB.jpeg

The place has been abandoned since 7 AD

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wound up having a pool room find me. Stayed at a doubletree not too far from the airport in a nice area and wound up at a restaurant called Napa something or another. Great meal and the bartender was extremely friendly. She asked what my plans were after dinner and I mentioned maybe playing some pool if I could get motivated. That’s when she casually mentioned there’s a place next door that used to be a Fox and Hound and they had tables. If there was a cigar bar nearby I would have hit the trifecta.

The tables are those shitty red label diamonds. Real pieces of crap. But it was still nice to hit some balls after a meal and some wine.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
I wound up having a pool room find me. Stayed at a doubletree not too far from the airport in a nice area and wound up at a restaurant called Napa something or another. Great meal and the bartender was extremely friendly. She asked what my plans were after dinner and I mentioned maybe playing some pool if I could get motivated. That’s when she casually mentioned there’s a place next door that used to be a Fox and Hound and they had tables. If there was a cigar bar nearby I would have hit the trifecta.

The tables are those shitty red label diamonds. Real pieces of crap. But it was still nice to hit some balls after a meal and some wine.

You on your way back?

ChopStick

Unsane Poster
Silver Member

Downtown used to be fun. Now days the cops get robbed there. I am not exaggerating.