Does anyone know how much the Schon CX-18 Retails (or Retailed) for new?

I am curious if anyone here (maybe a long time dealer of Schon cues) knows how much the Schon CX-18 Retails (or Retailed) for new?

I emailed pictures of the cue to Schon (asking about the cue) 7 days ago, but they have not replied (I assume that they do not care to reply to my questions about a cue that I did not originally buy directly from them).

This is the only picture of the cue that I have been able to find online.

http://www.cuecanvas.com/showpage.php?view=one&style=CX&num=3018

Every site that I have found (that sells, or sold the CX series of cues) does not have the Model CX18 listed.

I would really like to find out what the cue retails (or retailed) for, and would like to find out more info about the cue (like the years that it was produced, and what the inlays are the are in the cue).

I know that the cue is not worth much money, but I would still very much like to find more info about it.

I know that some dealer on here (or Schon expert) must have seen the cue in a catalog somewhere, and remember how much the cue retailed for.

Thanks, and sorry for creating yet another thread about this cue (I promise that this will be the last one).

Attachments

• CX18.jpg
    CX18.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 874
  • P9070022.jpg
    P9070022.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 896
Last edited:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
That's a nice Schon, the MSRP was probably around $1200-$1300 and it would of retailed for over $800.
Just guessing but I think I'm close
Koinnkid probably has the exact numbers.

Thanks for your reply. I will send koinkid a message, and ask about the cue. I just want to figure out what the cue is worth, so that I know how much of a trade in value I should get on the cue, because would like to trade it for something. Schons seem to be selling for very low money (compared to their retail value) these days. It almost seems like Joss cues are selling for just as much as some of the Schon cues (some that are even nicer then mine). Thanks.

That's a nice Schon, the MSRP was probably around $1200-$1300 and it would of retailed for over $800.
Just guessing but I think I'm close
Koinnkid probably has the exact numbers.

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most collectors are after the S and R series Schons. These were built by Bob Runde before he retired. These cues have sharp points, play great, and, are hard to find and getting more expensive all of the time.

Today's Schon's just don't have as much collector value. This hurts the resale value. I have seen new Schon's sell for about half of retail as of late if not a little more. This is a shame because they are good players.

Yeah, it is like a newer Schon might not even sell for as much as an older collectible Joss. I would love to have a Runde era Schon. They are super nice.

Most collectors are after the S and R series Schons. These were built by Bob Runde before he retired. These cues have sharp points, play great, and, are hard to find and getting more expensive all of the time.

Today's Schon's just don't have as much collector value. This hurts the resale value. I have seen new Schon's sell for about half of retail as of late if not a little more. This is a shame because they are good players.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I have a '93. Pretty old, like this thread.

OP's banishment ain't too recent, either.

Last edited: