How about some positive stories about Cuemakers

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
The Josey's are about the most professional cue makers out there. Ordering, attention to detail, and delivering when they say.
Have purchased multiple cues from Joey Bautista, never a issue.
And Richard Harris is also top notch.
Bob Dzuricky is also incredible to work with.

Last edited:

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PFD studios Paul and Ellen Drexler I’ve had them make me four different cues. Countless rewraps and refinishing of cues Tip work. Two of the nicest people you’ll ever want to meet in their cues play and look out of this world.When I called they said come on down never too busy.

tusmadpark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to recommend Mike Stacey. I love the hit of his cues. So much so that I just ordered a new cue with my “stimulus check”. Luckily during this crisis I still have a paycheck coming in and I don’t see a better way to spend that money than putting into the bank account of a cuemaker. I hope more people are able to the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very positive experiences with Little Al Romero and Tony Kalamdaryan of Tiger Products.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got my last two cues from Joey Bautista (JoeyInCali) and couldn't be happier with the experience and the cues. One a beautiful Bubinga and the last one a gorgeous Brazilian
Rosewood. He is as straight up as they come.

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
David Schmelke - when I decided to get back into using my home table after years of neglect of playing pool I bought 4 cues, three he had in stock and gave me a nice deal on and one a custom because I liked those so much.

Pat Diveney - when I discovered through this site there was a treasure of a cuemaker in Iowa I made a point of visiting him and ended up with a very simple looking but incredible kielwood (top to bottom) cue.

Some guy named deanoc ------- I simply sent him a message asking him what he had on hand and next thing I knew the actual cue used by Paul Newman in The Color of Money showed up at my door (maybe I shouldn't have said I have that).

newby9

Registered
Dave at Cues Directly. I wanted to try a specific weight,balance, pin, wrap, etc. without spending a fortune. It was perfect, and arrived within weeks with regular updates.

krelldog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another vote here for Bob Dzuricky.

Class guy, extremely helpful, and his build quality is incredible.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Although he's now retired, I'd be remiss if I didn't give kudos to Jerry Rauenzahn. Jerry was a joy to deal with, providing email and picture updates along the way and he delivered the cue to me on time (to the day) and built the cue to my exact specifications. A true professional.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Kelly Peterson aka MVP Cues needs to be on the good guy cuemaker list. I was beyond pleased at his communication throughout the build process and his execution was top flight. I highly recommend.

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's my story:
In July of 2019, my job sent me to Shreveport for three weeks. I posted up here asking what pool was available there, and got a lot of good responses. Bill Schick's place came up a few times, and I looked him up. He is apparently quite a well known cuemaker, and has a very nice old-school room there, so I decided to make that a stop. I brought with me a well used viper cue that I bought at a garage sale for $10, and it needed a tip. When I got to Bill's place and asked for him, the guy at the desk told me he'd go see if he was busy. I followed him to a door off to the side of the pool room, and half followed him inside. When the desk guy told Bill about me, and then Bill saw me at the doorway, he motioned me to come on in. I spent the next couple hours with Bill, just hanging out BSing, watching him clean up my ferrule, installing the new tip, and he even reshaped the shaft to be a taper and tip size that matched what I told him my regular playing cue has. He showed me a pair of custom scrimshaw cues he was working on, and handed both to me to look at. These were amazing pieces of art and I will tell you I was a little nervous holding them, considering what they were probably worth. And when it was time to go, he really didn't even seem to want to charge me for his work. The price he asked was less than what I could even buy a decent tip for up by where I'm from. I gave him double that and thanked him for sharing the time and his stories with me, and I still got one heck of a deal. I used that cue to win a local 9-ball tournament at Secrets during my stay there too.

Can't say enough good things about Bill Schick, and I'm glad this thread gives me the chance to pass that along.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bill Schick - After I bought a used cue built by him, he made 2 new shafts and suggested I try his taper. For years after that, I sent the shafts back for retipping annually. Always helpful on the phone. One time, it took ~8 months to have my shafts returned. He told me that something happened that kept him out of the shop. When the shafts were returned, the receipt said N/C.

Barry Szamboti - Barry took care of me when I was buying one of his father’s cues. He provided his opinion on its origin, spruced up the butt a bit, and made 2 new shafts, which I still play with. He even got the cue to me just prior to the Christmas holiday break.

Laurie Franklin - Always helpful on the phone. She runs an organized shop. I used to send my SW back annually for retipping. She would let me know which day of the week that tips were done. If I get the cue to them before that day, my cue would be shipped on the next day.

William Gentry - i got to meet him a few times and spoke on the phone as well. Really nice guy who was highly skilled as a cuemaker. I am still sick over the tragic loss. More than any other cuemaker, I wanted to work with him to have a cue made.

gcmortal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pleasant dealings

Greg Sowder www.sharkshooter.net Many refinishes, tips, shaft reconditions, wraps, shafts, and questions cheerfully answered.

Ron Kilby www.caromcue.com Good dealings and communication. One of the few that uses wood pins.

Chuck Starkey https://www.facebook.com/chuck.starkey.31 Another wood pin master. When it was realized that my shaft work was a different thread than what he used, he graciously shipped them back at his cost.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have been bombarded by many Negative Stores about BAD EXPERENCE with Cuemakers.

Eddie Wheat & Tony Zinzola come to mind as two scoundrels, who have both not treated AZB Members well.

But I am sure there are many stories of Cue & Casemakers that are positive, that are like dominos falling in a line of 10,0000 Dominos. All fell perfectly.

Zero problems, Mary Cue & Casemaker have a delay or two, but these professionals communicate well, and deliever as promised.

Not sure Dennis Swift of KY is still building Cue Cases, but Dennis is honest as the day is long.

Ron Thomas of Louisana was also a great person to deal with, sadly he & wife are in bad health, so I understand her too is retired.

Jack Justis is retired, but Jack did wonderful work, and deliever fast.

Jim Buss -Cuemaker is also retire I believe, but was another great guy to deal with.

Joe Whiten put a 2 X 4 Case on E-bay one I snagged it as a blemish, honestly the blemish was nothing, Joe is a fine Casemaker. I still scratch my head, what was a blem, the blem was almost unnoticeable IMHO.

Just a few positive EXPERENCES.

Who else has something positive to say?

Ernie -- Ginacue

Never had a problem. Work delivered on time, if not early. Always gorgeous and flawless.

Lou Figueroa

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't say enough good things about Rusty Melton

i have been fortunate enough to become his friend while
getting several of his beautiful cases
Dean

Last edited:

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got one of, if not the first custom cues from Randy Mobley when he moved into his new shop almost 15 years ago. The whole process couldn’t have been any easier. We met to go over a few things, I gave him some money, and then he called when it was done and I gave him some more money and got my cue. It couldn’t have been easier and his work is as nice as anything I’ve ever seen. I hear Randy has quite the back log these days and I can understand why.

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pete Tascarella is one of the good guys. He built a cue for me and it was finished before the expected date, by 6 months. The cue was perfect and flawless. Pete is as honorable as they come!