The story behind the Jackot cues

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bet they could make a southwest clone, and they would play like a southwest

My cue plays better than any Southwest I've ever tried.

Southwest cues are quality cues, but I don't see anything special about them.

If anybody has played pool long enough and tried a lot of cues, they would know that big price, big name doesn't necessarily mean the cue will play better than the one you got for a couple hundred, or even less. As long as cues are made solid, with good woods, ferrules, and tips they should all play good for SOMEBODY.

Have two makers make the SAME Merry Widow-type of cues with exactly the same materials from the same sources and see which one plays better

I'll just throw two names out at random. Let's say, Thomas Wayne and Josey.

If people didn't know the makers and were given both cues to play a bit with, which cue would they say played better?

Then, have a third maker...say Joey, be given the cues, without knowing the makers, and tell him to make them play better, doing whatever he wanted, and then give the cues back to the SAME players and ask them did they play BETTER the first time or the SECOND time.

What would the answer be and would anybody be "right" when they picked a cue and said it was the "best player"?

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
My cue plays better than any Southwest I've ever tried.

Southwest cues are quality cues, but I don't see anything special about them.

If anybody has played pool long enough and tried a lot of cues, they would know that big price, big name doesn't necessarily mean the cue will play better than the one you got for a couple hundred, or even less. As long as cues are made solid, with good woods, ferrules, and tips they should all play good for SOMEBODY.

Have two makers make the SAME Merry Widow-type of cues with exactly the same materials from the same sources and see which one plays better

I'll just throw two names out at random. Let's say, Thomas Wayne and Josey.

If people didn't know the makers and were given both cues to play a bit with, which cue would they say played better?

Then, have a third maker...say Joey, be given the cues, without knowing the makers, and tell him to make them play better, doing whatever he wanted, and then give the cues back to the SAME players and ask them did they play BETTER the first time or the SECOND time.

What would the answer be and would anybody be "right" when they picked a cue and said it was the "best player"?

Are you a gymnast? The backflips to justify the crazy markup is ridiculous. I had one in my hands. Hit like an 80s McDermott. Nothing mind-blowing and nothing terrible, in terms of the hit.

The build quality and carney marketing is a different story.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hit like an 80s McDermott. Nothing mind-blowing and nothing terrible, in terms of the hit.

What's wrong with an 80s McDermott "hit"?

I have a McDermott C-14 that I've been offered more than five times what I paid for it. They weren't offering me that much money for the "name", they wanted it for the way it "hit".

I alsp have THE McDermott cue that was used by CJ to win the "Million Dollar Challenge Tournament" and he seemed to do alright with the "hit"...he managed to beat Earl in the finals with it.

Nobody is flipping here, except some of you guys flipping out about a cue that you don't even have.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
whats a jackot cue and where is this coming from? any pics of the cues?
I found a jackpot cue on google, plain jane, is that it?
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=504540&page=2

edit: ok, I did some research, and it seems to me that a snake salesman took a dozen people for a ride. $100 cue and sold it for $500, made a quick $5K profit on what others saw as a guy with a 100% itrader score. he ruined his rep and killed his business for a quick profit. schmelke is apparently a better cue maker than the reputation they have as a cheap alternative for a custom. people thought they had a better product simply from a name change. all parties involved are dumb, the salesman and the buyer. the only person to come out ahead is schmelke, as they make a pretty good cue after all, if they put a different name on it the cue gets better, lol. I bet they could make a southwest clone, and they would play like a southwest

How much did you pay for this cue you have up on ebay for $350 as a "buy it now" price? Should it be lower? You got the bid starting price at $250.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Schmelke-C...361448?hash=item1a957103e8:g:PnQAAOSw4ulehU7-

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well most people, like 100% are happy dealing with DEAN.:)

Well if you look at this members Itrader, he has 33 transactions and 100% positive reviews.
https://forums.azbilliards.com/itrader.php?u=52837

But there are mulitple threads about that same guy ripping people off, look at what Jim (Nsafellow) said in this thread dedicated to warning people about the guy.
Bad Deal with engineman76/William Crosby

Why do you think that is, that someone who has screwed people on AZ still has a 100% positive itrader????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It's because people will refrain from giving negative feedback to someone, so the person doesnt leave negative feedback in return, after finding out that's how some people do business on here the whole itrader thing doesn't mean that much to me.

Can you give any other reason why, of course not.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Surely you are not suggesting that NSA is talking about me.

You and I both know that is not me, no one has posted anything negative about any personal deal with me in over 12 years ofaZ

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Surely you are not suggesting that NSA is talking about me.

You and I both know that is not me, no one has posted anything negative about any personal deal with me in over 12 years ofaZ

Don't mis understand me, several here are posting things ,but not one of them has ever bought or sold anything to me

The guys who buy cues from me .report how pleased they are

The complainers on here don't appear to be happy,do they?

The moral is clear,the verdict is in If you want to be happy buy a cue from Dean,
Obit-Cal_Worthington-00f43-661.jpg

Go see Dean! Go see Dean! Go see Deeeeeeeeeeeean!

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love these tyle of post

I would give anything to be able to come up with these things
they show a quick mind,a great sense of humorand command of computer skills

PT109 has these abilitiesand I enjoy them

Thanks for the good laugh,I tried to PM ,but was told you could not get PMs

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What happens to the resale value now?
What resale value? One of my friends received one of the cues, knowing that they were a sham, and said the finish was so bad he instanty demanded Dean buy the cue back or he would go public with all of this. Honestly I think I'd rather buy a Dale Perry at this point.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
I love threads like this. I get to add to my “do not deal with” list. Anyone who backs Dean on this deal, or defends him, gets an instant “DND” with me. And I’ve bought several cues from Dean. I now pretty much ignore all of his posts. Shill/con artist.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you a gymnast? The backflips to justify the crazy markup is ridiculous. I had one in my hands. Hit like an 80s McDermott. Nothing mind-blowing and nothing terrible, in terms of the hit.

The build quality and carney marketing is a different story.

I have an 80's McDermott. Few people know this but 80's McDermott cues are actually left over Balabushka's which George had completed except for applying the final coat of finish when his time ran out.

I'd be willing to sell my McDermott/Balabushka for the right price. Built by George using the same specs he got directly from Mosconi for the Mosconi Balabushka's. Monster cue. Hits a ton.

Letter of authenticity from Bernie Madoff.

Shawn Armstrong

Silver Member
I have an 80's McDermott. Few people know this but 80's McDermott cues are actually left over Balabushka's which George had completed except for applying the final coat of finish when his time ran out.

I'd be willing to sell my McDermott/Balabushka for the right price. Built by George using the same specs he got directly from Mosconi for the Mosconi Balabushka's. Monster cue. Hits a ton.

Schmelke has been making SWs for the past 10 years. Laurie just didn’t tell anyone. They’re “Schmelkewest” now.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well if you look at this members Itrader, he has 33 transactions and 100% positive reviews.
https://forums.azbilliards.com/itrader.php?u=52837

But there are mulitple threads about that same guy ripping people off, look at what Jim (Nsafellow) said in this thread dedicated to warning people about the guy.
Bad Deal with engineman76/William Crosby

Why do you think that is, that someone who has screwed people on AZ still has a 100% positive itrader????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It's because people will refrain from giving negative feedback to someone, so the person doesnt leave negative feedback in return, after finding out that's how some people do business on here the whole itrader thing doesn't mean that much to me.

Can you give any other reason why, of course not.

If people get screwed over, taken advantage of, or ripped off they post it. Dean is not Eddie Wheat, Tony Zinzola, or a host of other s***heads.

Dean is the guy who posts a Cue, or something else he selling with no photos, it sells, and buyer either post their happy, or post nothing.

I seen Dean post a Cue for sale as a Secret Cue says you getting a Cue that sells for a $1,000.00, for $650.00, no discription, weights, or specifications, but sale completes parties must be happy.

I say to self wonder what Dean actually sold, buyer bought, Dean & buyer know. I been curious, but it did not make me ant to play Sherlock Homes.

This forum seem to weed out the bad sellers fast, Itrader is but one tool, feed back is another, and last people sing praise, or yelling screwed by ----- -----.

This thread went to Doo Doo after Dean started it fast, thats too bad. Many sellers use power words like, Hits Best, Monster, Killer Cue, Holy Grain, it what people do. Write ad copy to make sales.

Now old Cal Worthington was a great creative Car salesman. He and others of his era use late nite TV to sell cars. Nick Shamos of Felix Cheverlot, Fletcher Jones of Fletcher Jones Cheverlot, and who could forget the fast talking Ralph Wiliams.

Salesmenship is an art, good salesman make money. I think Dean might have a few people like shooting arrow at him for no reason.

JMHO

Shawn Armstrong

Silver Member
If people get screwed over, taken advantage of, or ripped off they post it. Dean is not Eddie Wheat, Tony Zinzola, or a host of other s***heads.

Dean is the guy who posts a Cue, or something else he selling with no photos, it sells, and buyer either post their happy, or post nothing.

I seen Dean post a Cue for sale as a Secret Cue says you getting a Cue that sells for a $1,000.00, for $650.00, no discription, weights, or specifications, but sale completes parties must be happy.

I say to self wonder what Dean actually sold, buyer bought, Dean & buyer know. I been curious, but it did not make me ant to play Sherlock Homes.

This forum seem to weed out the bad sellers fast, Itrader is but one tool, feed back is another, and last people sing praise, or yelling screwed by ----- -----.

This thread went to Doo Doo after Dean started it fast, thats too bad. Many sellers use power words like, Hits Best, Monster, Killer Cue, Holy Grain, it what people do. Write ad copy to make sales.

Now old Cal Worthington was a great creative Car salesman. He and others of his era use late nite TV to sell cars. Nick Shamos of Felix Cheverlot, Fletcher Jones of Fletcher Jones Cheverlot, and who could forget the fast talking Ralph Wiliams.

Salesmenship is an art, good salesman make money. I think Dean might have a few people like shooting arrow at him for no reason.

JMHO

Con artists are also great salespeople. By your own logic, I guess there’s a place for well skilled confidence men as well....?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Funny.........:thumbup:

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member
What resale value? One of my friends received one of the cues, knowing that they were a sham, and said the finish was so bad he instanty demanded Dean buy the cue back or he would go public with all of this. Honestly I think I'd rather buy a Dale Perry at this point.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Pictures?
And before you ask, yes I have one in hand and as far as I can tell the fit and finish are just fine. I'm far from a cue expert so some pictures would be great. If they are the same pics.that have already been posted don't worry about posting I'm looking for other examples.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Did you know that many,if not most of the Titleist blanks so popular today
were manufactured by Schmelke for Brunswick?

Schmelke is a tremendous company and they have been putting great cues at low prices in
players hands for years.

Dean

First of all, Brunswick made millions of Titlists before Schmelke was even in business. Many or most that are being used today? What a joke. Schmelke made Titlist copies to supply Brunswick as did Adam and Taiwan after Brunswick shut down their cue making operation in the late 1960's for a year or two, then they were contracted to Taiwan and Japan. They were hired for their manufacturing capability and from what I've seen of the Schmelke forearms were decent quality.

Secondly, it smears Schmelke's good name that you were embarassed to reveal the cue maker. That speaks very loudly of what you, Dean, think of Schmelke.

The problem here is you treat your customers like rubes. There is so much you don't understand about doing business and about people. You shortsell your audience. If you would have come out and said this is a collaboration between you, Jack Potter and David Schmelke, I bet you would have sold just as many cues and all three of you could hold your head up high and be proud of your project.

Now look. I don't know why I'm talking, you're not going to learn new tricks. Your true talents are wasted because you have no confidence in your customers. Amazing you've avoided this kind of train wreck for so long.

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
djv

please name your friend or we will know you made this story up

i did have one with a finish problem,i returmed his money

but no one threatened me to go public

one of the main detractors bought one and told me he would return it and he had already quit knocking

i returned his money even though he did not buy it from me

he returned to knocking

so name your buyer who threatened me with public grumping
or we will assume you are making this whole story up

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Con artists are also great salespeople. By your own logic, I guess there’s a place for well skilled confidence men as well....?

Being fair is also important in sales, and some salesmen have zero INTREGITY, those are the people in the profession who give the good people a bad name.

I use to sell Toffee Covered Peanuts door to door as a kids, told folks I was selling the Nuts Branded by the Y.M.C.A. To go to summer camp, this is how I was able to go to camp. Had it not been for this program, I would not have been able to go to camp.

People who sell car for a living have a bad reputation, but no everyone selling car is a thief, scoundrel, or flim flam man.

A great Pool Hustler is a conman, but we sure love reading, or tell their stories. Remember read the book about the life of Corn Bread Red, guys story was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.