JB Custom Cases - which one would you get?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Regardless what you think of his adventures/opinions, he makes ONE HELL of a case. Nobody today can touch it.

Artist are different, JBCase, Aka John Barton is an artist, designer, and thinks out of the box. Hell a few Cuemaker are also difficult to deal, with. Again artists.:)

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I would use that more than the one in the first post, the one in first post is "prettier" but I like the simple elegance of this one way more.

You have good taste, I agree. Super clean lines. Doesn't hold as much stuff but I can carry stuff in my pocket too. Chas used to charge a fortune for these.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
They are outstanding. My choices would be the butterfly cases, high capacity.

All the best,
WW

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
They are outstanding. My choices would be the butterfly cases, high capacity.

All the best,
WW

Right now, butterfly's are all the rage. They hold a lot of stuff but rarely do they look as good as a formed leather case. The tide will turn.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Right now, butterfly's are all the rage. They hold a lot of stuff but rarely do they look as good as a formed leather case. The tide will turn.

Tate, I like the "Chas" one better; with the forward handle. Makes for easier carry. My cases always end up being canted like that when I carry them, if you know what I'm trying to say. I think the forward handle is more ergonomic.

I just don't like the cut of that closure. That's the only thing that's kept me from buying an envelope case. Thought about ordering a custom several times. But, I just keep carrying my mason.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Tate, I like the "Chas" one better; with the forward handle. Makes for easier carry. My cases always end up being canted like that when I carry them, if you know what I'm trying to say. I think the forward handle is more ergonomic.

I just don't like the cut of that closure. That's the only thing that's kept me from buying an envelope case. Thought about ordering a custom several times. But, I just keep carrying my mason.

I get that, but it does contribute to the unique design along with the curved formed leather. Aesthetically I'm OK with it. I've lost my liking for the classic "cowboy" style case. Just a current fetish I guess.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's pretty much the current "in style" from what I've been told by my buddy who's a dealer. Cowboy cases are dead, butterfly's are hot. They hold a ton of stuff for sure and adapt to almost anything. They are also very soft and easy to load and unload.

Yup!

The only real concern I have is that in a crowded room, you can’t really stand it up and keep your cues handy and ready to go in the case, like you can with a rigid top loading case...

Last edited: