Played on great billiards tables.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I found 2 places where I live that have great bar box tables. And they are cheaper too. at $1.00 vs $1.50. They were still valley pool tables but they seemed to be a slightly different model than the other ones. Also you need to be a member of the moose club in order to go in there.

Thanks

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I found 2 places where I live that have great bar box tables. And they are cheaper too. at $1.00 vs $1.50. They were still valley pool tables but they seemed to be a slightly different model than the other ones. Also you need to be a member of the moose club in order to go in there.

Thanks
FYI, billiard tables have no pockets.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
I thought billiards was the umbrella name for the sport. And Carom billiards was the one with no pocket. As an aside my dad was told billiards refers to snooker.

Billiards is a bit of a catch all name, but most here would consider a "billiards table" to be a table for billiards (no pockets). A "snooker table" is for snooker. Snooker is not billiards and billiards is not snooker. A "pool table" or sometimes "pocket billiards table" is what most here play on (7', 8', or 9') (but if you are too young to read a magazine I suggest you stay away from any reference to a "pocket billiards table").

Dave

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billiards is a bit of a catch all name, but most here would consider a "billiards table" to be a table for billiards (no pockets). A "snooker table" is for snooker. Snooker is not billiards and billiards is not snooker. A "pool table" or sometimes "pocket billiards table" is what most here play on (7', 8', or 9') (but if you are too young to read a magazine I suggest you stay away from any reference to a "pocket billiards table").

Dave

If we're being picky, both Billiards and Snooker are technically played on an English Billiards Table (which is now commonly referred to as a snooker table :).

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I thought billiards was the umbrella name for the sport. And Carom billiards was the one with no pocket. As an aside my dad was told billiards refers to snooker.

Billiards is a good generic term....I use it in google searches ‘cause ‘pool’ also gets you
swimming pools.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please stop the pool, billiard, snooker table controversy over dialect. Or the world's foremost expert on pool, billiard and snooker tables might slither out of the swamp and rear his ugly head.

Oops. Come and think of it that would turn this into a really interesting thread.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Thanks

Just as a comparison, my favorite pool bar in San Diego County has 7’ Diamond Smart Tables free until noon. 75 cents a game afterwards.

No membership required.

Stagecoach Inn, Vista California.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All golf clubs are referred to as a “clubs” but there really are drivers, woods, hybrids, irons, and putters.
Each performs a different job and is played differently. The term “billiards” is akin to that. In actuality, all
golfers refer to their clubs by the correct term when they ask someone to hand them one of their clubs
while playing golf. Billiards is the lazy man’s way to refer to pocket billiards but billiards ain’t pool...is it?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just because everyone is making such a big stink about it I will continue to refer to pool as billiards.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks

I built a computer with Star Wars models inside it because the case was too larger once I got the motherboard in and it looked weird.

Also had some good Chinese food for lunch. Actually should both Chinese and Food be capitalized?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Billiard sports yes would encompass all games, but if you say "billiard table" to people that know the difference it would really be the tables without pockets. You would have to say "pocket billiard table". It's like going to a Harley bike meet and calling your Vespa scooter a "hog".