Mods please read

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This.

I will, for the life of me, never understand why people can't just "change the channel".

Someone mentioned just put people on ignore, I refuse to do that because as much as I despise politics I do respect quite a few people on here for their knowledge in pool, I would hate to miss that because I don't believe in their political beliefs.

That being said, forums become families and I enjoy going to a "general" section to see what other members think of this or think of that (maybe someday I'll post a picture of my shaved legs) but going to NPR and seeing 8 of the first 10 threads are about politics gets really tiring. There are a few people that enjoy those conversations and they enjoy back and forth banter; however, it's all that BS that prevents people from sticking around in NPR - and if people aren't sticking around they're leaving.

I've been around the block on more forums than most people knew existed and have never seen the amount of personal attacks, politicizing of posts, etc....ever. And it's ALL politically motivated here.

The benefit of having a dedicated political forum is you can fully enforce a zero-tolerance policy OUTSIDE of that forum. Until that happens it will simply be impossible to enforce no politics anywhere else.

And for those arguing that politics drives the NPR section, great, then start a politics forum and let it grow, then others can enjoy the NPR forum without having to worry about someone personally attacking them or making it political.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well to be fair to those complaining there.....is a thread referring to Democrats as trainers and Black people as chimpanzees.

I can see why they don’t like it.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Politics were not allowed in the NPR forum until 2007 when a black guy started to run for president. At that point, the non pool related forum on here turned to complete shit. Dont believe me, start looking January of 2007. Obama announced he was running in February, then by July 2007, the shitshow had begun.

Again, there USED to be a forum for people to discuss non pool related things.

Now there is a sub forum for a dozen or so people to pound their chest and claim theyre right while parroting their favorite news source. All the while, they are mostly just spewing bullshit, intolerance, and hatred.

I have seen more than one thread where some of the posters in NPR were fantasizing about killing their fellow countrymen over political disagreement. One dumb fooking douchebag even used the phrase "Keep your powder dry" as if a civil war was coming and he was READY!

And let me be clear. Im not a democrat, and Im not a republican. I was born with a brain, and have retained the ability to use it. Im pointing out stupidity, and that knows no side or party.

So to recap.

There used to be a place here for forum members to discuss non pool related things.

In 2007 Dave Wilson (then moderator) allowed politics in NPR for whatever reason. Then as I said, the shitshow of a bunch of middle aged white guys who are unhappy in life for whatever reason started posting their hatred and bullshit about whoever they feel fooked them over.

I used to be a "gold" member, in part because I was selling things on here. But continued to support the site even after I stopped selling, cause I like the site. Ive been reading it over 15 years.

But when the moderators seemingly racist bullshit became more and more apparent, I and several others chose to stop financially supporting AZB. Here is that time frame and a thread to show what Im talking about.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=430599&highlight=renewing

Leaving NPR as a political cesspool for the same dozen guys is a mistake IMO. However as I have said, its Mike Howertons house, he can run it however he sees fit.

One of the best posts ever, anywhere.

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well to be fair to those complaining there.....is a thread referring to Democrats as trainers and Black people as chimpanzees.

I can see why they don’t like it.

That was what Candace Owens said. It was not anybody in NPR and you know it.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are like 50 subforums on AZ. You don't have to open NPR if you don't like it.

Completely missed the point of there no longer being a place for the general populace to discuss non pool related topics without having to wade through a bunch of horseshit and vitriol to do so. All so that a very small percentage of the active posters on the forum as a whole can have an echo chamber to vent their bullshit.

Often times I've seen that the folks that accuse others of racism are the biggest racists themselves.

LOL.

You sound like somebody that wants things his or her way. If something does not comport with your ideas then it must be shut down.

Funny that you see no irony in this statement. Actually no, its not funny, I kind of expected it.

The only people talking shit are the NPR regulars. Imagine that.

Its almost as if their purpose on this forum is to do something other than DISCUSS POOL.

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only people talking shit are the NPR regulars. Imagine that.

Its almost as if their purpose on this forum is to do something other than DISCUSS POOL.

I was on the site for a long time before I ever wondered into NPR. I participate in the main forum especially if there is a big one pocket match.

I don't as a general rule discuss politics in the main forum. I have only opened a handful of the sub-forums since I joined the site.

Just for the record what did you discuss in NPR specifically before folks talked politics? It has kept me up at night, thinking that someone might not be able to discuss some arcane or esoteric subject on NPR because of being turned off by political dialogue.

I sense you have some kind of agenda.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was on the site for a long time before I ever wondered into NPR. I participate in the main forum especially if there is a big one pocket match.

I don't as a general rule discuss politics in the main forum. I have only opened a handful of the sub-forums since I joined the site.

Just for the record what did you discuss in NPR specifically before folks talked politics? It has kept me up at night, thinking that someone might not be able to discuss some arcane or esoteric subject on NPR because of being turned off by political dialogue.

LoL @ an agenda, dude isn't trying to take away politics on AZ, just discussing if it should have it's own section, you're sounding like asiaidad.

And, he has a point, I looked through your last 10 pages of posts, 198 in NPR, 2 in the main forum.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/search.php?searchid=25349569

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You sense huh? Your ability to sense things is about as good as your ability to debate them.

You have the ability to go back and search as well, and I have already given you the dates. You can see for yourself what was there, and how much participation there was.

People were run off from participating because of a very small minority of posters and their need to discuss things that were not allowed before the black guy ran for president.

After giving it some thought, I might have figured out what if any agenda I might have.

I like to keep the park I enjoy visiting, nice and pretty. A welcoming place for others to visit. Not a dirt field where a few guys get together, drop trow and shit all over everything.

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LoL @ an agenda, dude isn't trying to take away politics on AZ, just discussing if it should have it's own section, you're sounding like asiaidad.

And, he has a point, I looked through your last 10 pages of posts, 198 in NPR, 2 in the main forum.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/search.php?searchid=25349569

I have been saying this for some time.

Politics and religion have no reason to be discussed on a pool/billiards forum

This is his own words regarding the subject contained in post #2 of this thread.

Why would discussions on this forum be any different than dialogue in pool halls? There is plenty said about politics in pool halls.

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You sense huh? Your ability to sense things is about as good as your ability to debate them.

You have the ability to go back and search as well, and I have already given you the dates. You can see for yourself what was there, and how much participation there was.

People were run off from participating because of a very small minority of posters and their need to discuss things that were not allowed before the black guy ran for president.

After giving it some thought, I might have figured out what if any agenda I might have.

I like to keep the park I enjoy visiting, nice and pretty. A welcoming place for others to visit. Not a dirt field where a few guys get together, drop trow and shit all over everything.

President Obama is bi-racial you calling him black is racist and you don't even know it.

You are free to state your opinions. I could smell your agenda a mile off. You want to act the part of the forum tyrant.

Let me restate for the record that folks that claim to be obsessed with racism are themselves usually the most racist. That's my experience. You can't handle folks that have different opinions than yours.

Your analogy regarding a park is risible.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Well this thread certainly served it's purpose!

Everybody who's butthurt, please :wave:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well this thread certainly served it's purpose!

Everybody who's butthurt, please :wave:

tenor.gif

CuesRus1973

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone mentioned just put people on ignore, I refuse to do that because as much as I despise politics I do respect quite a few people on here for their knowledge in pool, I would hate to miss that because I don't believe in their political beliefs.

That being said, forums become families and I enjoy going to a "general" section to see what other members think of this or think of that (maybe someday I'll post a picture of my shaved legs) but going to NPR and seeing 8 of the first 10 threads are about politics gets really tiring. There are a few people that enjoy those conversations and they enjoy back and forth banter; however, it's all that BS that prevents people from sticking around in NPR - and if people aren't sticking around they're leaving.

I've been around the block on more forums than most people knew existed and have never seen the amount of personal attacks, politicizing of posts, etc....ever. And it's ALL politically motivated here.

The benefit of having a dedicated political forum is you can fully enforce a zero-tolerance policy OUTSIDE of that forum. Until that happens it will simply be impossible to enforce no politics anywhere else.

And for those arguing that politics drives the NPR section, great, then start a politics forum and let it grow, then others can enjoy the NPR forum without having to worry about someone personally attacking them or making it political.

So much ado about nothing. Threads don't need to be opened. People can be ignored. I have seen many a thread either get shut down or moved to NPR from other places. No big deal. "No politics anywhere else" has, for the most part, been enforced. Calling the mods here "racist"? As for that, as someone else said here, that makes the accuser more likely guilty than the accused.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So much ado about nothing. Threads don't need to be opened. People can be ignored. I have seen many a thread either get shut down or moved to NPR from other places. No big deal. "No politics anywhere else" has, for the most part, been enforced. Calling the mods here "racist"? As for that, as someone else said here, that makes the accuser more likely guilty than the accused.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, the old "I know you are but what am I defense".

Let me tell you a story.

I grew up in Kentucky in the 70s and 80s. Racist as fook place to live. I grew up in a racist household, with racist parents spewing racist shit.

I grew up spewing racisit shit. Know why? Thats what kids are taught by stupid racist parents.

So by the time I hit my early teens, and started to realize that my parents were stupid racist pieces of shit (among a lot of other horrible shit that happened in our house), I started working to remove that vernacular etc as best as I could.

By the time of my late teens, I left home because I was going to kill my father with my bare hands, and any other family member who tried to stop me. I have never been back since. My parents are long dead, and I have not seen my brother and sister in decades.

So you might say this is a subject that I know about first hand, and can spot shit others say as clear as a bell.

Fast forward to last year. My wife and I driving down the highway, we were doing 45-50 whatever the posted limit was. A car pulls out of a gas station in front of us, causing me to hit the breaks and swerve to avoid a major collision. We still hit, with him swiping my front passenger side fender.

The cars came to a stop side by side, and I looked over to see a black guy sitting in the other car. First thought in my head was a racial slur. I never said it aloud, never even made a noise. He freaked out and took off leaving the scene of the accident. I checked on my wife, then got the car off the road.

Decades of trying to live a "good life" without any kind of hate in my heart for anyone came crashing down with a simple word that popped into my head from being indoctrinated by that shit as a child for the first 12-13 years of my life. To this day, just having that thought, it still bothers me. But I know what it was and where it came from.

I said all of that to say this, if people want to have honest discussions about race, they first need to be honest and sincere.

Without that, you are left with comments like your own about "people who call others racist are the real racists". Its lazy, untrue, and disingenuous to make blanket statements as such. But you already know that.

CuesRus1973

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:rolleyes:

Yeah, the old "I know you are but what am I defense".

Let me tell you a story.

I grew up in Kentucky in the 70s and 80s. Racist as fook place to live. I grew up in a racist household, with racist parents spewing racist shit.

I grew up spewing racisit shit. Know why? Thats what kids are taught by stupid racist parents.

So by the time I hit my early teens, and started to realize that my parents were stupid racist pieces of shit (among a lot of other horrible shit that happened in our house), I started working to remove that vernacular etc as best as I could.

By the time of my late teens, I left home because I was going to kill my father with my bare hands, and any other family member who tried to stop me. I have never been back since. My parents are long dead, and I have not seen my brother and sister in decades.

So you might say this is a subject that I know about first hand, and can spot shit others say as clear as a bell.

Fast forward to last year. My wife and I driving down the highway, we were doing 45-50 whatever the posted limit was. A car pulls out of a gas station in front of us, causing me to hit the breaks and swerve to avoid a major collision. We still hit, with him swiping my front passenger side fender.

The cars came to a stop side by side, and I looked over to see a black guy sitting in the other car. First thought in my head was a racial slur. I never said it aloud, never even made a noise. He freaked out and took off leaving the scene of the accident. I checked on my wife, then got the car off the road.

Decades of trying to live a "good life" without any kind of hate in my heart for anyone came crashing down with a simple word that popped into my head from being indoctrinated by that shit as a child for the first 12-13 years of my life. To this day, just having that thought, it still bothers me. But I know what it was and where it came from.

I said all of that to say this, if people want to have honest discussions about race, they first need to be honest and sincere.

Without that, you are left with comments like your own about "people who call others racist are the real racists". Its lazy, untrue, and disingenuous to make blanket statements as such. But you already know that.

LOL. Thank you for supporting my point. Somebody has their undies in a bunch.

So how do you feel about CTE aiming? :D

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

1) It's not about opening political threads, it's about having to read political BS in NON-POLITICAL threads that are in NPR, but you can only view those non-political threads by going to NPR.

2) The point all the "regulars" are missing is that if you move political stuff to a political forum you can go to town on each other and who gives a shit. Be racist if you want, call each other names, I could care less and I would probably go in there just to irritate some people, but that's what THAT forum would be for. But without a separate political forum everyone has to watch what they say everywhere, hell, I was banned for calling someone a dickhead? Give them the space and let them have fun and the anyone who doesn't want to go there doesn't have to but still has a place to visit to see what their AZB buddies do outside of pool.

3) Did you just accuse me of being racist? I sure hope not.

4) Again, if you want to talk about pool and politics only, then good luck. In today's world there are a million ways to "socialize" and if people don't like what they see they will simply walk away. It's not the squawkers you need to worry about, it's the quiet ones. Those are the ones that kill your business.

Last edited: