Action

kevin s

Tennessee
Silver Member
uwate said:
For those who have never been to the DCC, the hotel has a steakhouse that they close during the tournament and they move all the restaurant tables out and instead they put in nine diamond smart tables (9footers) that cost $5 for 30 min. This is the main action room. The Trini/Scooter match took place there.

I sweated the first set as my buddy had a bet down in the match. Trini came from behind 4-1 to win 9-8 the first set. He made a great out to win the match, shooting a few 8 ft shots with position to get out. On the table next to it Hickerson was playing some $60 one pocket with Jet with about 150 bet on the rail (i was in on this). On the table next to that Monster John was playing some mexican looking dude one pocket and on the table next to that there was an ahead session for 1k with two young guns I had never seen before. Table next to that you had Bartrum vs Bennett playing ahead for a stack and next to that you had another ahead session for 1k. Every table in the room had action. You gotta love the DCC. :)

Do you know who won between Bennett vs. Orem??

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
According to Appletons backer ( a nice guy ) they are WAYYYYY stuck this trip. I don't think he's booked a winner yet. Lost 3 times to Hennesse and a big set to Shane.

The guy plays good but this is a tough place to win.

Corey played Effren 1 hole race to 10 getting 10-7. Corey took the dough 10-6.

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
kevin s said:
Do you know who won between Bennett vs. Orem??

I did not see the end of this match but I was told that Orem won double hill. I was told that Bennett had a good shot to win on the hill but missed, allowing Orem to get to the hill and eventually win.

scotty g.

Registered
I read on another site that Shane V. played Tony Chohan $400 a game one hole with 9-7 and a coach. Shane wins $1600. Haven't heard much about Shane playing one hole. Can anyone tell me what his game is like.

Thanks
Scotty G.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched Tony playing Shane 1 pocket. He was getting 9-7 plus a coach. Its obvious that Shane doesnt' know the one pocket moves but he executes so well that he did exactly what his coach told him. He won 4 straight games fairly quickly. Tony got some bad rolls and never really got going. After 4 games Tony asked to adjust to 8-7 but Shane's backers said no. So then Tony said he could still have the 9-7 but had to bet 1500 a game. Shane's crew would not stake this. End of match.

Ian

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does Earl Strickland ever gamble? I want to see him match up with Dennis Orcullo. Now, that would be interesting.

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
f210 said:
Does Earl Strickland ever gamble? I want to see him match up with Dennis Orcullo. Now, that would be interesting.

Never. He quit gambling many yrs ago.

Rick S.

gpeezy

for sale!
JCIN said:
According to Appletons backer ( a nice guy ) they are WAYYYYY stuck this trip. I don't think he's booked a winner yet. Lost 3 times to Hennesse and a big set to Shane.

The guy plays good but this is a tough place to win.

Corey played Effren 1 hole race to 10 getting 10-7. Corey took the dough 10-6.
how much was the set with cory and efren?

jello1973

Banned
Those photo's remind me of a funny story Danny Harriman once told me. He was in action in Vegas years ago with his then stake horse. Danny and whoever he was playing posted the money on the light (a few thousand). Danny wins the set, he and his stake horse jump in the car and get about 30 mins. down the road... NEITHER had the money, they each thought the other grabbed it off the light. They made a U turn, went back (by now an hour had gone by) and the cash was STILL there! NOBODY noticed! What luck!

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Darren matched up against Bartrum last night. Darren told me he was going to play him for 10K. I watched until 4:30 this AM. When I left Darren had him stuck 9 games, going to 11.

You'd be hard pressed to find a nicer guy than Darren.

Sure hope he went ahead and took care of business after I left.

Rick

cheemagun

gettin there...
Silver Member
Rick S. said:
Darren matched up against Bartrum last night. Darren told me he was going to play him for 10K. I watched until 4:30 this AM. When I left Darren had him stuck 9 games, going to 11.

Rick

race to 11? or 11 ahead ?

breaktime2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How did the match come out?

Does anyone know how Keith Bennett fared against Bartrum or Orem? Oops I see this has been answered, sorry.

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rick S. said:

Rick
Chris got it back to 8 a couple of times, but Darren sealed it at about 5:00 AM ish.

To Cardman, the ahead sets are a grind and can be divided into three parts: the start, the stretch, and the finish. The stretch portion is normally the longass grind, and it's this that can break a normally good race player who might otherwise start well or finish well in a race.

To show the character of these two guys (Chris and Darren), when Darren got to 10 -ahead going to 11, he swiped the coin down table, the normal move when you get to the hill, Chris very politely explained to Darren that in an ahead set, you don't toss the coin since you still need to keep score with that coin. It was a friendly and quick discussion as if the two hadn't been playing for 10 dimes but rather a saturday afternoon session of barbox 8-ball while watching the football game.

Fred

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He finally booked a winner. Now maybe he has a better perspective on what level to match up against. He's got heart and stamina for sure.

T

Timberly

Cornerman said:
To show the character of these two guys (Chris and Darren), when Darren got to 10 -ahead going to 11, he swiped the coin down table, the normal move when you get to the hill, Chris very politely explained to Darren that in an ahead set, you don't toss the coin since you still need to keep score with that coin. It was a friendly and quick discussion as if the two hadn't been playing for 10 dimes but rather a saturday afternoon session of barbox 8-ball while watching the football game.
I really like Bartrum's easy going, laid back demeanor. Darren seems to be cut from the same cloth. I don't think he's as laid back as Bartrum but he's pretty quiet and very nice. His backer is equally as nice. LOL, his backer informed me that after his 3rd post on here, I got onto him pretty good. This was back during the IPT stuff and I told him that I certainly didn't mean any hard feelings. He turns around and says "but you were right in what you said". Nice, honest guy IMO.

Right after they flipped the coin last night, Bartrum confirmed with Darren that they were going to 10. Darren said that he would like to go to 12, so they both decided to meet in the middle instead of arguing about it, and go to 11. With some guys an hour long argument could've ensued but both of these guys are easy enough to get along with, they just agreed to meet in the middle.

For us working stiff's, the cash around here is sickening. I have to work 40 hrs a week for 6 months to get the total on the light of the Bartrum Appleton match. :eek:

Attachments

• DCC 019.JPG
    DCC 019.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 823