Blackcreek cue/Travis Nicklich review

CK6Speed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got my Blackcreek cue from Travis last week Monday. I was only able to hit with it for about 2 hours once, but during that time I had no problem adjusting to it and felt right at home using it in no time. Quality of construction is great, nice finish, nice inlay work. Travis was very easy and nice to deal with. We handled everything through PM and the deal went smoothly and the cue made it to me all the way here in Hawaii without a problem.

My cue has two 13mm shafts which is taking me a little while to get used to since I've been shooting with 12.5 for over 10 years now, but over all playability seems to be right on par for me. My current player is a pre date 1990 Jerry Franklin era Southwest cue which after 2 months I'm still not entirely comfortable or used to it compared to my old Omega/DPK. With this new Blackcreek, I'm able to shoot just as well and pull off shots just as easily as before with only bout an hour or two getting used to it.

Anyway, perhaps once I get more time off from work and shoot with this Blackcreek more I can give a more detailed review, but my first impression is good and I'll probably make this my daily player and put the Southwest away as a collector or possibly sell it. Here are some pictures below.

Cue came with the Ron Thomas cue case, and a bag full of different weight bolts. The cue right now has no weight bolt in it, so over time I may experiment with the different weights and see how I like it.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg