My First Veneered Full Spliced Blank

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some time back I started building jigs to make my own full spliced blanks. I recently took a trip to Erie to work with Bob Dzuricky on adding mitered veneers to them. Bob documented the endeavor in a video linked below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4lRBZM_gFw

I had a lot of fun and am elated at the results. I owe Bob considerable gratitude for leading the way with the veneer work. Thank you.

Here are two pics of the first blank we assembled together. The butt wood is Curupay.

fs-capture-1.jpg

fs-capture-2.jpg

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Some time back I started building jigs to make my own full spliced blanks. I recently took a trip to Erie to work with Bob Dzuricky on adding mitered veneers to them. Bob documented the endeavor in a video linked below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4lRBZM_gFw

I had a lot of fun and am elated at the results. I owe Bob considerable gratitude for leading the way with the veneer work. Thank you.

Here are two pics of the first blank we assembled together. The butt wood is Curupay.

fs-capture-1.jpg

fs-capture-2.jpg

Glad I got to see this KP. I don't think you could have chosen a better mentor, or human being. You'll have your full splice black belt in no time. Outstanding work! :cool:

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joe, you werent kidding, hes doing some great work. I couldnt get in touch with him but I better try again after seeing this. Wow!!! Full splice is the real deal. :thumbup2:

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's pretty!

Is the glue dyed black? or is something else giving the very defined/ accented effect?

smt

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's pretty!

Is the glue dyed black? or is something else giving the very defined/ accented effect?

smt

The black is thin black paper. It is pretty commonly used with the typical .022/.036 cue veneers to create a defined look rather than a classic transition or flame look.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The black is thin black paper. It is pretty commonly used with the typical .022/.036 cue veneers to create a defined look rather than a classic transition or flame look.

Very informative - thanks for sharing.

smt