The new Aramith tournament balls

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope I didn’t miss this already posted but this popped up on my book of faces last night. I’m not a hater of all things new. I use the crazy colored cyclops balls . but I got to say these don’t do a lot for me but you got to develop new products when every else is so I get why they are trying something different.

Attachments

• 9AC51C36-68EB-4B99-A111-E4D35B183475.jpg
    9AC51C36-68EB-4B99-A111-E4D35B183475.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 1,750

Dusty5150

Registered
so purple was bad so they changed the 4 to pink, now orange is bad, so the 5 is now .... purple? purple is OK now? why not make the 4 purple again and make the 5 pink? ... how about a solid white 8 ball and a solid black cue ball!?!?!? that'd be fun lol

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sent Matchroom my feelings on these. Absolutely the WORST looking set of pool balls EVER. Makes those funky Skittle balls look good and i thought that was impossible. Do they really think anyone will buy these? On the stream they look even worse. Whatta joke.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Usually I like "change". These balls, not so much. Brown and Pink, really ?? And yes, by all means, lets make the stripes even darker for players !!

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Seems like a clear play to sell product.

The problem with pool balls is they don’t break down. There are only so many pool players and pool room proprietors. Once they have billiard balls they are out of the market. But for players and owners that want to practice with the same equipment they compete on in tournaments this creates a bunch of upgrade opportunities. Capitalism drives the ship.

I guess I can’t complain. These companies are sponsors and a part of pro pool. If I am forced to upgrade every few years that’s bearable. I don’t love it but I understand it and in the scheme of things it’s not a big deal.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well if you paint a garbage can anew color it=still a trash holder. Think Aramath is reinventing the wheel a new color, to increase sales, or catch a few fish.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those balls suck a55.

I literally hate even looking at em.

It seems pool is going the way of cell phones, TVs etc...etc:

Let's put out this model now,

Ok.....now lets change the colors around....

Ok...now lets etc...etc.....until you have bought 25 versions of the same chit....

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black edges. So much for the CTE when you can’t see the E.

This had to be the idea of a person who has NEVER played pool for more than 4 hours collectively in their entire life. Who ever signed off is a dumb ass as well.

I’m all for new things, improvements, ideas etc. The skittle colors get a pass from me. These balls don’t. I don’t care how good they play-pool is a visual game and these look like hell. Pass!!

Not Fatboy Approved 👎

Fatboy

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember a lot of pro players saying that the darker colors were harder to aim at because the edge was harder to see. Now they made most of the edges black on the striped balls.

This may sell to recreational home table players that stick black or red cloth on the table. Imagine this set with black cloth? LOL So I want a table to match my room colors for me and my friends to spill beer on and to go with my black WalMart cue, and... ooooh look at those cool balls! I need a set of those also please...

Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Usually when balls come out in new colors its something I consider buying, you couldnt give me this fugly ball set. I hope they dont use these for streams.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black edges. So much for the CTE when you can’t see the E.

This had to be the idea of a person who has NEVER played pool for more than 4 hours collectively in their entire life. Who ever signed off is a dumb ass as well.

I’m all for new things, improvements, ideas etc. The skittle colors get a pass from me. These balls don’t. I don’t care how good they play-pool is a visual game and these look like hell. Pass!!

Not Fatboy Approved 👎

Fatboy

The more older I get and seeing this—I’m starting to gravitate towards Russian billiards/pyramid...white balls with just numbers...very simple and elegant. Now if I could just fit a 12 foot table in my house. :p

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Trendy and groundbreaking" Complaining would be like booing at the Special Olympics.
Do what??????? Ever heard of the Edsel? That's what they tried saying about it and it was the ugliest pos Ford ever made. These balls are really bad. Response so far is overwhelmingly negative. Have a buddy who's at Griff's. Said when they brought them out he and those sitting with him were like "WTF are those things?"

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Usually when balls come out in new colors its something I consider buying, you couldnt give me this fugly ball set. I hope they dont use these for streams.

Ms. Frazier said on the stream yesterday that this is the set going forward on all matchroom events and players will either have to adapt or be left in the past. Her comments were very final, frank, and forgive me, but somewhat elitist. With all her playing knowledge and all.:rolleyes:

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure they will go forward with these very ugly balls......until the next time they change them.

Seems like there is a different color ball set, at every tournament.