Just A BS Artist

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I really shouldn’t let the Johnnyt is a BS artist bother me, but it does a little bit. No I’m not well known like Jay or Freddy the Beard who played just about all comers, and I didn’t want to be. I wasn’t as good as of them either. I have admitted time and time again on here that if I knew a place where top players from the area and tough action was…I avoided it like the Plague. I wasn’t playing pool to bang heads with players I couldn’t or probably couldn’t beat. I was in it purely for the money. Yes I loved the game, loved the hustle, but making money at it always came first for me. If you were seen playing with well-known top money players (even if you lost to them) the easy action would dry up very fast. If that’s a nit in your book, so be it.

I have played many top players over the years like Buddy Hall, Mike S, Allen Hopkins, C M Lee, and many more, both men and women pros. Like I said in many threads on here over the years, I mostly only played them after I made a good score at the dog or horse track. Never out of pool winnings. Pool winnings always got reinvested quickly for something of value or resale value. If any of them want to come forward that would be fine.

I’ve stated on here before that I always reinvested my pool winnings on something of value. I’ve also stated I owned or was partners on a little less than 200 Racing Greyhounds, that ranged in price from $2500 to $26,000 each. I am a partner in ownership still on Dodgem By Design, the second top-producing stud dog in the world. He has brought in over $700,000 in racing winnings and stud fees so far. We paid $24,500 for him at the National Greyhound Auction if I remember right. Most Greyhound players have seen my name (John W. Terrell) in the programs at many Greyhound tracks around the country. I’m sure Charter Kennel, Red Rock Kennel, Marriott Kennel, just to name three out of probably 30 kennels I’ve had dogs with and I’m sure will vouch for me.

Over the years I’ve staked some top players 50/50 and many more both male and female that I just helped with expenses to enter and travel to tournaments, asking for nothing in return. Some are members of AZ, most are not to my knowledge.

I said on here that I did some writing. Go to Amazon.com and other online bookstores and you will find my work. The story “Hustling Under the Radar” is a true story, the rest are mostly fiction.

As far as anything mob related that I said on here…forget about it, I’m not going there. Johnnyt

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What happened? Did somebody make an unsavory comment about you in another thread?

FWIW, I always thought of you as a stand-up kind of guy! :)

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What happened? Did somebody make an unsavory comment about you in another thread?

Yeah, somebody I've had on ignore since about the first day I encountered him. Big whoop!!

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
never went hunting tough action myself

Johnny,

I too played pool for the money. I enjoyed the game but I enjoyed making money at it more. Although I played a few top players it was because they came to me, I didn't go looking for them. Early in my gambling days I made the mistake of getting into tough action at Greenway. It was all the buzz every time I visited my usual haunts up and down Plank and Airline for a few weeks and action was thinner than thin. There was always somebody that had been at Greenway or heard about it to clue in their buddies. I had to go to the far reaches of my usual 50-75 mile radius to find a game. I took the lesson to heart and never showed any speed at Greenway again!

I don't have anything to prove to anyone. If I am in the mood to talk on here I do. Folks can believe or disbelieve, no skin off of my bottom. I advise taking the same attitude yourself. There will always be scoffers.

Hu

I really shouldn’t let the Johnnyt is a BS artist bother me, but it does a little bit. No I’m not well known like Jay or Freddy the Beard who played just about all comers, and I didn’t want to be. I wasn’t as good as of them either. I have admitted time and time again on here that if I knew a place where top players from the area and tough action was…I avoided it like the Plague. I wasn’t playing pool to bang heads with players I couldn’t or probably couldn’t beat. I was in it purely for the money. Yes I loved the game, loved the hustle, but making money at it always came first for me. If you were seen playing with well-known top money players (even if you lost to them) the easy action would dry up very fast. If that’s a nit in your book, so be it.

I have played many top players over the years like Buddy Hall, Mike S, Allen Hopkins, C M Lee, and many more, both men and women pros. Like I said in many threads on here over the years, I mostly only played them after I made a good score at the dog or horse track. Never out of pool winnings. Pool winnings always got reinvested quickly for something of value or resale value. If any of them want to come forward that would be fine.

I’ve stated on here before that I always reinvested my pool winnings on something of value. I’ve also stated I owned or was partners on a little less than 200 Racing Greyhounds, that ranged in price from $2500 to $26,000 each. I am a partner in ownership still on Dodgem By Design, the second top-producing stud dog in the world. He has brought in over $700,000 in racing winnings and stud fees so far. We paid $24,500 for him at the National Greyhound Auction if I remember right. Most Greyhound players have seen my name (John W. Terrell) in the programs at many Greyhound tracks around the country. I’m sure Charter Kennel, Red Rock Kennel, Marriott Kennel, just to name three out of probably 30 kennels I’ve had dogs with and I’m sure will vouch for me.

Over the years I’ve staked some top players 50/50 and many more both male and female that I just helped with expenses to enter and travel to tournaments, asking for nothing in return. Some are members of AZ, most are not to my knowledge.

I said on here that I did some writing. Go to Amazon.com and other online bookstores and you will find my work. The story “Hustling Under the Radar” is a true story, the rest are mostly fiction.

As far as anything mob related that I said on here…forget about it, I’m not going there. Johnnyt

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I didn't see what was said and in what thread it was on. This is the only time I know that someone has said something negative about JohnnyT. Maybe there is a reason for that. I know Johnny only from here but has always seemed like a good, knowlegable guy that does not try to start fights. I have nothing but respect for him as I do many others who post one here. I just wanted to make that point of my own opinion of JohnnyT, I have no idea who made these comments about you but just like alot of posts on here you can't take em too personal.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Methinks it was a thread in the 14.1 Pool forum

FWIW, I always thought of you as a stand-up kind of guy! :)

Methinks it was this thread:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=140034

I personally don't think JT was bs'ing *at all* -- I think it was a nice achievement on JT's part, and my post genuinely (and in places, humorously) congratulated him on a job well done. However, a "knight who says 'nay'" followed-up my post. :(

JT: just to avoid situations like this in the future, you might want to capture these runs on video and post the link. Those "knights who say 'nay'" will then have nothing to say. :)

-Sean

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Methinks it was this thread:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=140034

I personally don't think JT was bs'ing *at all* -- I think it was a nice achievement on JT's part, and my post genuinely (and in places, humorously) congratulated him on a job well done. However, a "knight who says 'nay'" followed-up my post. :(

JT: just to avoid situations like this in the future, you might want to capture these runs on video and post the link. Those "knights who say 'nay'" will then have nothing to say. :)

-Sean

I just do not understand why some members seem to enjoy hurting other people's feelings and/or causing them anger.

Here's a man, Johnnyt, who has shared his pool stories with all of us on this forum many times over. I have always enjoyed reading his posts.

He relays a happy pool experience, and then somebody seems to want to make him feel bad. SHAME ON THEM!

Johnnyt, don't let them get you down. You're very much a part of the fabric which makes up AzBilliards Discussion Forum. Keep on posting and know that the majority of the members of this forum enjoy you being here.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I just do not understand why some members seem to enjoy hurting other people's feelings and/or causing them anger.

Here's a man, Johnnyt, who has shared his pool stories with all of us on this forum many times over. I have always enjoyed reading his posts.

He relays a happy pool experience, and then somebody seems to want to make him feel bad. SHAME ON THEM!

Johnnyt, don't let them get you down. You're very much a part of the fabric which makes up AzBilliards Discussion Forum. Keep on posting and know that the majority of the members of this forum enjoy you being here.

Well said, you can't let the jealous ones knock you down. These forums are a strange place once you get involved and it is easy to rattle someones cage. JT you are one of the great posters and frankly I could care less if the stories you post are real or not. I have read the true ones from amazon and the fiction and I like them all.:wink:

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member

It is because some people are just turds. They enjoy running their mouth about others because they are either jealous or have no self-worth.

But hey, he should be an authority on great play........the guy is a 7 in APA.

Rich93

A Small Time Charlie
Silver Member
Johnnyt - You're one of my favorite posters. Your enthusiasm for the game is infectious and your posts are always upbeat. You're the kind of guy I'd love to get to know, and I'm sure many others feel the same way. Don't let one sour apple spoil the AZB experience for you.

the420trooper

Free T-Rex
Silver Member
JohnnyT, I've always enjoyed your posts, please keep them coming.:thumbup:

Your road stories are awesome, I couldn't imagine the things you've gone through that you CAN"T post here...PM me sometime.

recanizegame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnnyt, you ARE one of the best posters here. It's too bad that lately, there seem to be some people that seem to get a rise out of being negative jerks. They have no respect for anyone, and think they are the best thing to happen to mankind. Do your best to ignore them, even though at times it is very hard. Keep on posting your great posts here, friend!

+ 1 F the haters.

chin0

"Chino Miss-A-Lot"
Silver Member
Johnny, don't let it bother you, IIRC, you were a male nurse right? If so, sounds like the accuser needs a cure, why not give him the shot? :thumbup: Keep it up my man, your story are not just entertaining but it also inspires me. Keep it coming, until then, hook line and sink buddy!

Happy shooting! :)

Chino

Steve - Detroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Add me to the list of those that enjoy your posts, jt. Your posts are always informative, funny, reflective and just plain entertaining, keep them coming.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Aieeeehhh!

I hope you didn't take my mentioning in a thread where you were talking about taking down the mail man, the painter and a half dozen other trades people and I suggested, I think to Hu that you "bull-shitted some prospective customers" into thinking that you couldn't play as an insult.

:confused:

JoeyA