Hypothetical situation

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You go to a big $$$ tournament, everybody in the tournament is approximately the same speed as you. You have to leave your cue at home. The guy running the tournament has every type of cue made. You can ask for any cue you want, whatever weight you want, with whatever tip you want but you can't hit with the cue first.

What would you ask for?

Oh, and you don't get to keep the cue so playability is the only factor, not value.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd cover my eyes and throw a dart....or, ss joint,forward weighted,long pro taper.

gerry

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
alstl said:
You go to a big $$$ tournament, everybody in the tournament is approximately the same speed as you. You have to leave your cue at home. The guy running the tournament has every type of cue made. You can ask for any cue you want, whatever weight you want, with whatever tip you want but you can't hit with the cue first.

What would you ask for?

Oh, and you don't get to keep the cue so playability is the only factor, not value.

a plain jane BEM cue,,,with a straight-dark reddish-tight grained-shaft . as well as the other standard specs.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gerry said:
I'd cover my eyes and throw a dart....or, ss joint,forward weighted,long pro taper.

gerry

If you don't stop throwing darts at the cues I will be forced to call the authorities, sir.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Varney Cues said:
Varney cue with a glass G10 3/8-10 pin, 19oz and Sniper tip!!!!!!

I hit some balls with an advanced accuracy cue at Mark Wilson's place, it had a G10 pin and was 60". I liked the hit, had to give it back to Mark before I was tempted to buy it.

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
alstl said:
I hit some balls with an advanced accuracy cue at Mark Wilson's place, it had a G10 pin and was 60". I liked the hit, had to give it back to Mark before I was tempted to buy it.
True indeed. I just recently started using the G10 pins in some of my cues. The first one I made for a customer...they had to almost pepper spray me to get it out of my hands...it hit so good I didn't want to sell it.
"Please mister...I'll make you another one!" LOL!!! I've been using the black ones...man do they look ultra sweet. Makes you pull your cue out of the case REALLY slow.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gotta say a schon with a moori medium. Every one Ive ever hit with have been very similar to the cues from the same time periods.
Chuck

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
alstl said:
If you don't stop throwing darts at the cues I will be forced to call the authorities, sir.

HA!:D......I forgot.....if they have one of those sweet 5 piece cues with the tribal carvings, and the big silver ring between each joint....I'd jump on that no question!...as long as the slip on tip is shaped completely flat, or with a slight concave is good too!

Gerry