Joe T with Scott Lee

Joe T

I’ve received a few phone calls and emails inquiring about my time spent with Mr. Lee this past Sunday and I planned on posting a message anyway but the calls have speeded it up.
I’m not very happy with Scott at this moment due to the lesson he gave one of my fine students and myself. The man has no respect for other people. In just one lesson he cost me an entire nights sleep and may have changed my lifes present direction. Sunday night after our lesson I continuously woke up hearing his voice and visualizing the lesson and almost started hitting balls at 4:30am (my wife wouldn’t have been too happy with that). I haven’t had the desire to play since I made the decision to focus on business and family for the last couple of years and was hoping to continue to do so for the next couple of years but this guy presented such a nice package (lesson) that it made me want to go back into training ASAP (and I did yesterday and am about to as soon as I finish this). The only problem I have with that is that there’s nothing worth training for and I still want to train! Ya see what I mean about this guy, he cares only about improving your game and delivering the best possible lesson!

Seriously, I don’t recall ever having been so impressed with an instructor (most of the time a little disgusted) I don’t think anyone I’ve seen comes close, the man is quick, good and I believe what he teaches is very effective.

I handed my student over to Scott first and then sat there simply shaking my head up and down for the next 2 hrs. And when that was done it was a little late and I knew Scott had done at least 16 hrs of lessons in 3 days along with over 1,000 miles of driving and I had soaked up, understood and agreed with just about everything he had worked on my with my student so I simply paid him for letting me watch and told him I was all set but the selfish bast*** wouldn’t leave and demanded that I let him help me! And so he did, taking a video look at my fundamentals and stroke with that frigin TV, VCR and camera the guy had the nerve to bring in and then worked with me on the SP&F which is something I always kinda liked but never stuck to my guns and built it in ( I believe that’ll change). He explained a little more about Randy Gs pool school, the set up, how and why they teach the way the do and I had to kick this guy out to ensure he got some sleep.

If you get the chance to get with these guys and you don’t, you simple must enjoy losing and complaining but that’s okay with most other pool players.

I believe the man made me a better player and instructor in just a few hours.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Hi Joe: Teaching SPF is easy. Learning it, well that's a different story for some old timers like ourselves. Pool is too much fun to not play.

Scott's one of the best of our group, glad you enjoyed him.

How about helping Scott and myself put together a Pool School around Boston this Summer? You might even want to join our Instructors group. Wow, I would like that.....SPF=randyg

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
randyg said:
Hi Joe: Teaching SPF is easy. Learning it, well that's a different story for some old timers like ourselves. Pool is too much fun to not play.

Scott's one of the best of our group, glad you enjoyed him.

How about helping Scott and myself put together a Pool School around Boston this Summer? You might even want to join our Instructors group. Wow, I would like that.....SPF=randyg

Joe,
I would highly recommend you consider Randy's offer. As much fun as it is being in class with the likes of Randy and Scott, I can tell you from personal experience that teaching classes with them is even more fun. Even the instructor's ring game the night before classes is an incredible experience! (Don't bet against Randy!)
Steve

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
Joe,
I've had lessons from you (many years ago), Randy (pool school about 18 months ago), and now Scott (4 days ago). All 3 of you are very good instructors. If the 3 of you put together a pool school in Providence or the greater Boston area, I think it would be a huge success. I would even consider a refresher myself. Though Randy already has a pretty full curriculum, I could imagine some of your drills from "Guaranteed Improvement" fitting in nicely.
Think about it.
Steve Ellis.

mthornto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joe T said:
and then worked with me on the SP&F which is something I always kinda liked but never stuck to my guns and built it in

Probably obvious, but I missed something. What is SP&F?

Poz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After Scott left Joe in Providence, he drove many hours to New Jersey for my buddy and me. Loved ever hour and hour and hour, etc. of it. Before Scott arrived, I was wondering what in the world could keep my interest for 4 hours. Well - 6 hours later, which flew by, I was hungry for more. If you guys are going to put together a session within 2 or 3 hours from my home, schedule permitting, I'd like to join you. I'll bring the beer.

pbat2751

Scott's lesson was better than I expected.

I probably look like an idiot on the tape because all I was doing was keeping my mouth shut and nodding like a fool.

Randy, get up this way for an intermediate or advanced course.

Scott, thank you again for all that you did and when you get back up this way in the Spring, count me in!!!

Damn water bottle on the elbow:rolleyes:

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
damn

To see Joe T and the others speak about how great there lessons were really upsets me because I had to cancel my lesson with Scott. Scott made all the effort in the world to keep in touch with me to see if we could work it out but my schedule wouldn't allow for it. Scott hopefully we can do something in Jan or March but if not let me know the next time you are in NE and I'll make it work.
Thanks

pocono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool Lesson

All this feedback on Scott's teaching ability is driving me insane. I'm excited, can't wait until the last week of November to receive my pool session. I'm also Looking forward to meeting Scott Lee.
Regards,
Charles

daytonajoe

Deceased
damn.... 2 of the best reps in the Pool World Joe T and Scott Lee!!

I might even head home to New England for that schooling !!!

Joe

PS ....if you ever one or both of you need a place to crash in NC let me know

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW!!! It must be time for my two cents also! I attended the school in Pineville NC and I also lost some sleep afterwards. The first day was just awful I was in a daze afterwards. Too much info, I thought. Day two and things became a little clearer and the third day was really scary, it finally began to make sense. During the video analysis it was pointed out that I should change several things in my setup, delivery and my execution. As I drove home I thought about the drills and how in God's name was I going to have the time and dedication to do them. So I devised a plan to prove to myself how difficult changing things can be. When I got home I went to the master bathroom (yikes) and reversed the light and fan switch around so that every time I turned on the light the fan went on. It is a constant reminder of how difficult changing can be, I am still turning the fan on when I want the light and it has been almost a month! But I am improving!! The drills themselves are becoming as challenging and enjoying as playing the game itself.
Thanks to Randy, Scott, and Steve and also to the folks at The Green Room for a great time and some money WELL SPENT!!
Dan

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
daytonajoe said:
damn.... 2 of the best reps in the Pool World Joe T and Scott Lee!!

I might even head home to New England for that schooling !!!

Joe

PS ....if you ever one or both of you need a place to crash in NC let me know

Hey Joe! How ya doin'? I PM'd you last month, twice, about a refresher, when I was in Charlotte...but I didn't hear back from you. I'll catch you the next time I'm down that way...probably in March.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mthornto said:
Probably obvious, but I missed something. What is SP&F?

What is SPF?...What th'??? Mike, did you watch the videotape? LOL Watch it again...:D See ya next time I'm in Columbus!

Scott

mthornto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott Lee said:
What is SPF?...What th'??? Mike, did you watch the videotape? LOL Watch it again...:D See ya next time I'm in Columbus!

Scott

Yea, I know :eek:

I my defense, it is not that I don't know about and understand the concept, it was simply that I have a brain fart and was not putting that together with the acronym.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Working with Joe T was a pleasure!

Joe T said:
I’ve received a few phone calls and emails inquiring about my time spent with Mr. Lee this past Sunday and I planned on posting a message anyway but the calls have speeded it up.

I guess that auto-speed dialer worked! LOL !:D

I’m not very happy with Scott at this moment due to the lesson he gave one of my fine students and myself. The man has no respect for other people. In just one lesson he cost me an entire nights sleep and may have changed my lifes present direction. Sunday night after our lesson I continuously woke up hearing his voice and visualizing the lesson and almost started hitting balls at 4:30am (my wife wouldn’t have been too happy with that). I haven’t had the desire to play since I made the decision to focus on business and family for the last couple of years and was hoping to continue to do so for the next couple of years but this guy presented such a nice package (lesson) that it made me want to go back into training ASAP (and I did yesterday and am about to as soon as I finish this). The only problem I have with that is that there’s nothing worth training for and I still want to train! Ya see what I mean about this guy, he cares only about improving your game and delivering the best possible lesson!

Seriously, I don’t recall ever having been so impressed with an instructor (most of the time a little disgusted) I don’t think anyone I’ve seen comes close, the man is quick, good and I believe what he teaches is very effective.

I handed my student over to Scott first and then sat there simply shaking my head up and down for the next 2 hrs. And when that was done it was a little late and I knew Scott had done at least 16 hrs of lessons in 3 days along with over 1,000 miles of driving and I had soaked up, understood and agreed with just about everything he had worked on my with my student so I simply paid him for letting me watch and told him I was all set but the selfish bast*** wouldn’t leave and demanded that I let him help me! And so he did, taking a video look at my fundamentals and stroke with that frigin TV, VCR and camera the guy had the nerve to bring in and then worked with me on the SP&F which is something I always kinda liked but never stuck to my guns and built it in ( I believe that’ll change). He explained a little more about Randy Gs pool school, the set up, how and why they teach the way the do and I had to kick this guy out to ensure he got some sleep.

If you get the chance to get with these guys and you don’t, you simple must enjoy losing and complaining but that’s okay with most other pool players.

I believe the man made me a better player and instructor in just a few hours.

Joe...We all make each other better players and instructors, every time we teach! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you, and I look forward to working together, at a Boston pool school! Good luck with your newfound SPF stroke! Can't wait to work with you again, and see you back in the winner's circle again soon!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How quickly can lessons help?

The answer is...IMMEDIATELY! I spent 4 hrs., on Saturday, with an A player in Boston, working on his stroke, and his setup and delivery. The very next day, he WON the "Best of the Best" Tournament. He sent me an email to let me know that it was due to my help, and that my directions were running in his mind, during the entire tournament.

For anyone interested, I'll be in the Baltimore/Wash. DC area Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and possibly Sunday...and I have some time slots available. I'll be going up to the York, PA and Lancaster, PA after that.
Please email me if you are interested.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
email: poolology@aol.com

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
quedup said:
FWIW!!! It must be time for my two cents also! I attended the school in Pineville NC and I also lost some sleep afterwards. The first day was just awful I was in a daze afterwards. Too much info, I thought. Day two and things became a little clearer and the third day was really scary, it finally began to make sense. During the video analysis it was pointed out that I should change several things in my setup, delivery and my execution. As I drove home I thought about the drills and how in God's name was I going to have the time and dedication to do them. So I devised a plan to prove to myself how difficult changing things can be. When I got home I went to the master bathroom (yikes) and reversed the light and fan switch around so that every time I turned on the light the fan went on. It is a constant reminder of how difficult changing can be, I am still turning the fan on when I want the light and it has been almost a month! But I am improving!! The drills themselves are becoming as challenging and enjoying as playing the game itself.
Thanks to Randy, Scott, and Steve and also to the folks at The Green Room for a great time and some money WELL SPENT!!
Dan

Dan,
It was a pleasure working with you in the class in Pineville. I spoke with Randy this week, and we are making plans for two more classes next year in Oct...one is the same advanced class you were in, and another weekend will be for the expert class. Hope we will see you in that one next year.

I like the idea of changing the switches. Now if you practice as much as you go into the bathroom, you should have a pretty good indicator of how quickly those new concepts will creep into your game!!:D :D :D
Steve

Barbara

Wilson deleted my avatar
Silver Member
Wow Joe,

You had me there for a minute. Whew! I can only think that if Pool School added on another day for you to teach some really great drills of yours to the students, this would be a marriage in heaven!

When I got out of School Pool, I religiously did Bert Kinister's #1 shot, a good 15-ball drill from Dawn Hopkins, and your basic drills from your Guaranteed Improvement booklet that you personally taught me a few years before.

Students need to know what drills to work on to reinforce what mechanics they've just learned. And the simpler the drills are, the better.

Barbara