Congratulations to Shane V.B.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Big congratulations to Shane on winning both the 10 ball and the 8 ball U.S. Open titles! Losing the first match in the 8 ball and coming all the way through to win it all is a true sign of the champion that he is.

Also, congrats to Rory and Jesse on their very high finishes!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
image.jpeg

Now ain't that better than fishing?
:clapping:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I think Shane's winning both of these events (and losing his first match in one of them and still winning that event) makes a good statement that pool is indeed an athletic sport or it can be if that's what you want it to be.

JoeyA

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
does this equate to WPA points?
anyway, congrats SVB. this would be a great preparation for him to now get thw world 9-ball title! go shane!!!

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe that makes nine U.S. Open titles for Shane.

2013, 2016 8 Ball Champion. 2007 , 2011, 2012, 2013 9 Ball Champion. 2011, 2016 10 Ball Champion. 2012 One Pocket Champion.

I don't believe anyone else has ever won that many U.S. Open titles.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Big congratulations to Shane on winning both the 10 ball and the 8 ball U.S. Open titles! Losing the first match in the 8 ball and coming all the way through to win it all is a true sign of the champion that he is.

With a 250 dollar cue.

MuchoBurrito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't mean my previous post to in any way question or diminish Shane's victories this week. It's an amazing accomplishment against the best in the world.

Daryle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A winner is a grinner... well done Champ!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1469520878839.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1469520878839.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 958

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Shane VanBoening winning both the 10 and 8 ball events just proves once again he is USA's best player.

Best of luck to Shane in Qatar at The World 9 Ball Championship time to bring a World title back to the states :)

TDN7P3D.jpg

Last edited:

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Also, congrats to Rory and Jesse on their very high finishes!

SVB is one great player.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
Congrats on your U.S. Bar Box Open title Shane!

Awesome... I'm so stoked.

Lesh

dawgcpa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love it.

But now, to what extent to you all feel differently about these victories, coming on a bar table as opposed to a 9 footer?

I think it worked out great for CSI with Shane winning. He would have been the favorite in this field on 9 footers as well so not much difference. Hendrickson on the other hand would not have been a favorite on a 9 footer. He wins the 8 ball and everyone is making a fuss about the difference in table size.

Drilltrash

Registered
I love it.

But now, to what extent to you all feel differently about these victories, coming on a bar table as opposed to a 9 footer?

Either way it's a win against the elite pool players. The best player of the tournament wins no matter the size of the table. We all know shane can win on a 7 or 9 foot table. A 9 footer would be more challenging but this event wasn't played on those.

MuchoBurrito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it worked out great for CSI with Shane winning. He would have been the favorite in this field on 9 footers as well so not much difference. Hendrickson on the other hand would not have been a favorite on a 9 footer. He wins the 8 ball and everyone is making a fuss about the difference in table size.

That's an interesting point, if Hendrickson had won, there likely would have been a lot of complaining.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I recall that in a TAR interview Justin asked Shane "what's your favorite game?"

With absolutely no hesitation, SVB answered "barbox 8-ball."