Pool players that expand their territory

Robroy

Robin Dodson
Silver Member
I love seeing players enjoy the game...I also love when they build a business within the game.
Ray Hansen has become a friend...and a very helpful az friend to me. I wouldn't begin to understand how to put pictures up.
Thank you Ray.
And the AZ team I'm sure they are pool players just growing the game.
I'm teaching now, I never thought I had it in me but I really do enjoy it.
Once your in billiards....its life...you just need to find the new verison.
Anyone else, what do you do with pool besides play.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Well besides play I'll help out anyone who asks. Who knows how many ppl I have introduced 14.1 to.

Funny thing is my fiancee' and I were talking about what we would do if we won the lottery. I told her I would basically just play pool. I'd enjoy a year or so of retirement, open up a pool hall and then play even more pool. I'm sure I would occupy that year off learning how to make cues as well. Strange how dreaming of winning several million dollars makes you dream of just doing more of what you already love to do.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well besides play I'll help out anyone who asks. Who knows how many ppl I have introduced 14.1 to.

Funny thing is my fiancee' and I were talking about what we would do if we won the lottery. I told her I would basically just play pool. I'd enjoy a year or so of retirement, open up a pool hall and then play even more pool. I'm sure I would occupy that year off learning how to make cues as well. Strange how dreaming of winning several million dollars makes you dream of just doing more of what you already love to do.

Just DO IT bro-sky!

You don't want to wake up one day sitting on the porch wishing you had done what you enjoy doing.

I'm still making a fraction of what I did selling Heavy Trucks, but I love it. I'm confident things will keep improving and moving upward.

Ray

I love seeing players enjoy the game...I also love when they build a business within the game.
Ray Hansen has become a friend...and a very helpful az friend to me. I wouldn't begin to understand how to put pictures up.
Thank you Ray.

Thank YOU Robin. You are one of the very best at everything you do, including friendship. Look forward to seeing you again and hopefully meeting Roy.

Ray

Last edited:

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Just DO IT bro-sky!

You don't want to wake up one day sitting on the porch wishing you had done what you enjoy doing.

I'm still making a fraction of what I did selling Heavy Trucks, but I love it. I'm confident things will keep improving and moving upward.

Ray
If I were single and didn't have anyone else to consider it wouldn't be an issue.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I think a good pool playing gambler that matches up well and knows how to manage his/her money(only play for a small % of your bankroll is one) can build a good business. ;). Johnnyt

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think a good pool playing gambler that matches up well and knows how to manage his/her money(only play for a small % of your bankroll is one) can build a good business. ;). Johnnyt

I don't want to say you are wrong as I hate telling anyone they "Can't" anything. In this day and age, It could I suppose be done, but it is quite difficult. The money just isn't there and the expenses are just horrible.

Many will try andI wish them well, but it is a far tougher row to hoe than even 20 years ago. he must love that dollar menu!

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Ray.

i think it is great you are teaching now. You have been great for the game for a while and have a lot to pass on. In fact "you " would be a great story should you want to write your poolography. I don't think a woman has tried that yet. Why not be the first?

Please sign my copy to " What's his name, the greatest I ever knew!" LOL

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I don't want to say you are wrong as I hate telling anyone they "Can't" anything. In this day and age, It could I suppose be done, but it is quite difficult. The money just isn't there and the expenses are just horrible.

Many will try andI wish them well, but it is a far tougher row to hoe than even 20 years ago. he must love that dollar menu!

I agree. Would be very hard to make a living today. I was really just joking though. Johnnyt

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I agree. Would be very hard to make a living today. I was really just joking though. Johnnyt

It is not tougher. Just live like people did 20 years ago.

No cell phone, computer, one old clunker with minimum insurance, no fast food, don't use a credit card (if you can't pay for it you don't buy it), one small black and white TV, no cable, and etc.

Pack a lunch, don't stop to get a coffee (make it at home), no boat, snowmobile, motorcycle and etc.

It can still be done but "sacrifices" and priorities have to be made. Many of the wealthiest people are really very frugal.

Worked with a person that was a stock handler. He had 6 kids. Many of the top managers would borrow money from him on Monday and pay him back on Fri. He was a loan shark but made far less than they did. The only thing was they had to be big shooters and he lived within his pay check.

Robroy

Robin Dodson
Silver Member
Once I officially retired from the WPBA I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I didn't have an education so it was going to be tricky.
Sales seemed easy only because I liked what I was trying to sell.
The first few phone calls I made selling the Frog and Tadpole, very scary. It actully took me 2 years to make that first phone call.
Once I did I said "Hi is Bob there" I was told "no he stepped out" I said "would you let him know Robin Dodson called, I'm one of the women pro players" he said "WHO" I told him again and he said "Bob just walked in hold on". Street smart I understood what just happened. I sold my first order. From then on out I said hi this is Robin Dodson one of the women from the WPBA. I began selling full time from that phone call.
Thankfully I did play well enough to be remembered otherwise I would of been out of our sport for good.
So selling keeps me here and I still love it, I'm thrilled to have something that can keep me around the game! I just celebrated #54 and picked up a cue at age 12.

Robroy

Robin Dodson
Silver Member
You go, girl!

I just got a little creative on the Brunswick Gold Crown V for the APA...who knows.

Free Clip and Free Shipping with every ticket ordered... USA only though sorry...it really doesn't work otherwise,

will see what happens.

Last edited:

jrackman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once I officially retired from the WPBA I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I didn't have an education so it was going to be tricky.
Sales seemed easy only because I liked what I was trying to sell.
The first few phone calls I made selling the Frog and Tadpole, very scary. It actully took me 2 years to make that first phone call.
Once I did I said "Hi is Bob there" I was told "no he stepped out" I said "would you let him know Robin Dodson called, I'm one of the women pro players" he said "WHO" I told him again and he said "Bob just walked in hold on". Street smart I understood what just happened. I sold my first order. From then on out I said hi this is Robin Dodson one of the women from the WPBA. I began selling full time from that phone call.
Thankfully I did play well enough to be remembered otherwise I would of been out of our sport for good.
So selling keeps me here and I still love it, I'm thrilled to have something that can keep me around the game! I just celebrated #54 and picked up a cue at age 12.
And your still beautiful! what a gift to mankind.

jungledude

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree

Both Ray and you, Robin, have done so much for the game of pool. We all owe both of you a great big hug. So thanks, :thumbup:

Robroy

Robin Dodson
Silver Member
i think it is great you are teaching now. You have been great for the game for a while and have a lot to pass on. In fact "you " would be a great story should you want to write your poolography. I don't think a woman has tried that yet. Why not be the first?

Please sign my copy to " What's his name, the greatest I ever knew!" LOL

Writing my story hasn't been as easy as I thought :(
Its not as interesting as I thought.

Plus having to focus on day to day sales...its a grind daily.

Robroy

Robin Dodson
Silver Member
Just DO IT bro-sky!

Ray

Thank YOU Robin. You are one of the very best at everything you do, including friendship. Look forward to seeing you again and hopefully meeting Roy.

Ray

I'm looking forward to your stream this weekend!

Robroy

Robin Dodson
Silver Member
Thank you Ray.

I'm still a huge fan, I will be watching the stream this weekend...I love chatting...it is 100% more fun to me than being there.
Sorry I hate being quiet watching a match I love talking.
See you in the chat room. www.PoolActionTV.com

Last edited:

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member

I also teach the game, write books, and coach players full time. I love doing video evaluations for 14.1 players & making instructional videos. It's a labor of love.

I also raise money for various charities by doing my 10,000 Ball Marathons. I take two days - broken down into two 12 hour shifts and I run about 700 racks of 15 balls at lightning speed. It's a great way to raise money, help people out, and promote the game positively all at the same time.

Also, in my spare time, I am the interim Vice-President of the International Drake's Mom Fan Club, El Paso Chapter.

Last edited:

Robroy

Robin Dodson
Silver Member
Thank you Ray.

Its fun watching the streaming, that has been the best venture pool players have taken....I love it!!