Billiard collectibles

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
When Efren first showed up in America, they said he was playing with a $4 cue...
...well, it was actually a good cue...just a plain Jane.
I got a cue made by the same cue maker...can’t recall his name.....
...it was given to me by Brigido Quinto, of who Efren said they all learned from...

View attachment 524210

Still straight

Wow. That's neat!

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Got these a few years back.

When I show them to fellow pool players they all reverently ask, "Why would anyone ever sell those?"

Lou Figueroa

I wonder what years? Just a wild guess, '50's? They would make quite the display in the establishment today if it still exists - framed, shadow box or collage style, with related pictures and items, like chalk, etc.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder what years? Just a wild guess, '50's? They would make quite the display in the establishment today if it still exists - framed, shadow box or collage style, with related pictures and items, like chalk, etc.

I believe some are from 1969 and others from 1972.

I say this because the last two (which you can't see in the picture) are receipts of some kind, mit dates, from The Marion Gray Plaza. Close as I can tell that's a motel about seven miles from Johnston City. Also, some say "World Championship" and others "Tournament of Champions."

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

CuseFan559

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
bg8gid.jpg

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Got these a few years back.

When I show them to fellow pool players they all reverently ask, "Why would anyone ever sell those?"

Lou Figueroa

I'd give my left nut for one of those! I'd have it framed up in my pool room.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nothing Left

Components from my first cue that was shattered in an altercation in a bar showed up off and on for decades. I think I have finally lost every piece. On the other hand I do have a box of Vargas playing cards given to me in the sixties or early seventies! Knew a girl that looked like a Vargas cartoon, unfortunately she didn't hold up as well as the cards.

Hu

poolpro2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had to be the first to see this.

These are the actual balls from the matches.

I was able to attend a TAR match in the studio. Busty vs. SVB, was sitting next to Jack Cooney and his wife. We chatted about Tim Tebow and the Broncos.
About half way through, Efren and Santos stop by after coming in from PI.
I have a picture at home of Efren asleep almost at my feet.
Seriously one of the coolest experiences I have ever had.

Attachments

• tar.jpg
    tar.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 449
Last edited:

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member

———————————————-

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is a copy of Willie Mosconi's first book in very good condition from 1948. Usually the spine is coming apart on the hardback edition. It was $7.75 including media mail shipping.

WillieFrontSmall.jpg
What the seller had failed to disclose is that someone had defaced it by writing inside the front cover ;):

WillieSig.jpg

I think I'll keep it anyway.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got this cue sitting in the closet in original condition from the 1996 Million Dollar Challenge Tournament, where Earl Strickland ran the 11 racks of 9-ball to win the $1,000,000 prize.

This was CJ's TV cue and he won the tournament with it...beating Earl in the finals.

Attachments

• cj and my cue facebook 29 mar 19.JPG
    cj and my cue facebook 29 mar 19.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 513

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've seen this greeting card a couple of times. I found this copy while going through some old files. It might still be available somewhere. I still have a few pool friends who don't do email (or try to avoid it).

Scan20190829_0001.jpg

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
D1E55A6B-D63D-4C81-A04D-A6D0C99C14BA.jpeg

Over 100 years ago, an English Billiards pro found himself in this delicate position,,,
..he was prepared...he took a pen from his vest pocket...it had a leather tip on it...
...he made the billiard without double hitting.....the ref was astounded...:eek:
...after much pondering, he called it a foul stroke

34A36D7A-0A03-4DB4-A3A1-951B1A2E602E.jpeg

Well, Cuebuddy would’ve given the ref a much bigger headache...
...he makes REAL cues that could handle that billiard.

8016179A-AAC2-4A9B-9DB5-EE606F7AC2CD.jpeg

A sweet job, Jim...and thanx for the case also...Fellini?....:)

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Balkline stroke improving device or something....

JV

Attachments

• stroke.jpg
    stroke.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 375

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Coming out of the collection I am selling is a treasure trove of old Billiard Catalogs...

JV

Attachments

• cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 397
  • DSC01559.jpg
    DSC01559.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 379
  • DSC01541.jpg
    DSC01541.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 392
  • DSC00982.jpg