View Single Post
Old
  (#89)
KenRobbins
AzB Silver Member
KenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-02-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0nt0n3r View Post
no i don't think they are.one can have the cue under his correct vision center when down on the shot but the cue placed slightly across the line of the shot and not on it.now the correct head alignment in relation to the shot line when the player is getting down on the shot from the standing position does increase the chances of placing the cue on the correct line but i think it's mostly has to do with the visual perception of the player and some players will struggle even if their vision center alignment is correct from the standing position all the way when down on the shot.like i said i think to some degree either a player has this skill or he doesn't.
The shot line is the shot line and remains that way until the balls are moved. Your either on that line or not, obviously not and you already know this.

Try taking some yard string or something similar that won't damage the table to create the shot line between the rail to cue ball and cue ball to object ball. Creating a visual that you can physically see as your stepping into the shot. I've never done this, but has helped some others.
Stand back, view the shot line, step into the shot/shot line and get down on that line with your tip just barely touching the cue ball. Don't shoot the ball, stand up and repeat. Repetitions.

You want to find that stance/alignment that gets you on that line and drill that into your subconscious afterwards. If you simply can't get on that line, I'd seek instruction from a reputable stroke instructor at this point. The more knowledge, the better. Good luck

One thing that I always liked to do, is put a spot of some kind/marker in the center of the corner pocket. I always used a pocket reducer, the center of the rolled wire is perfectly centered in the pocket. After striking the cue ball, I'm visualizing my tip following/blasting through the cue ball, object ball and center pocket.