View Single Post
Old
  (#69)
u12armresl
One Pocket back cutter
u12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-24-2019, 03:55 PM

First thought is usually the right one.

It was a chicken s*it call, you know it, and everyone else knows it.
There are rules, and there are "rules"

As others have said, I've noticed more of this type behavior in the past few years from Shane and I wonder if it is just that he doesn't enjoy pool as much, or something between him and that opponent.

Granted most of the time Shane is very kind, and a gentleman, but there was no need for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
I'm coming on here to apologize to Shane for my comments above. He called me to explain exactly what rules they are playing under. It's All Ball fouls and if you touch any ball in the commission of shot that is a foul. If Johnny had stopped before shooting that would have been different, but he didn't. Shane distinctly saw his shirt on the ball and the ball moved slightly. And I do know his vision is better than 20-20 so I believe him. In the absence of a referee it is left up to the players to make the call.

I asked Shane what Johnny's reaction was, and he was upset that Shane called him for a "small" foul like that and quit the match. Number one Johnny shouldn't have quit, as others have said on here. The match was certainly not over at 6-4. Number two, as Shane pointed out to me, He should not be wearing a long sleeve shirt with these rules in place. Number three, when playing with these rules there should be a referee present.

All and all an unfortunate situation for both players but after talking with Shane I totally believe him that a foul did take place and he saw it. He was in the perfect position to make the call and Shane is not one to lie about anything. My bad on this one!