Tascarella Silver Fullsplice Hoppe A modern twist... Just arrived

HighEndCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Azer's,
Just arrived!
It's always nice to work with the Pete's again...
I wanted a contemporary twist to one of Pete's Fullsplice Hoppe's and the finish product was perfect.
All Silver Inlays through out the cue.
Note how Pete knotched the smaller silver diamonds into the reverse points.
The floating buttsleve came out perfect IMO..
Enjoy the pictures. Will be 4sale soon
Best,
Ken Kerner
914-715-4057

Last edited:

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a really cool looking cue, love the twist of silver rather than ivory inlays. Congratulations!

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A great clean fresh look with tradition. Pete's cues play and feel exceptional.

HighEndCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard to not notice! I think the cue is pretty but part of
me can't help but wonder what is being covered up in the
return points.
Josh,
I saw the Fullsplice blank in person before we added inlays.
It was perfect. Was just a cool decision to notch them in, instead of having them come off the bottom point. No coverups here...
Ken

RAMIII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love those points

I love those return points! Very creative twist to a traditional look it and highlights their skill...

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your cue is awesome. I am going to order another Tascarella as soon as I get off this Schon kick I have been on....lol.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Hard to not notice! I think the cue is pretty but part of
me can't help but wonder what is being covered up in the
return points.

I'm with you, razor sharp return points are the hardest thing to achieve in cuemaking.

It's too bad the silver had to get wrapped in black on those inlays. If they were just the silver diamonds, I think it would look pretty crisp.

I love the veneers in this cue, and nice to see silver instead of ivory for a change!

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Josh,
I saw the Fullsplice blank in person before we added inlays.
It was perfect. Was just a cool decision to notch them in, instead of having them come off the bottom point. No coverups here...
Ken

While I do believe the blank was perfect, I'm a purist when it comes to full splices.
Speaking hypothetically, if it were my cue, I would have not put the inlays on the points.

It's a stunning cue, but those inlays bug me :thumbup:

It's too bad the silver had to get wrapped in black on those inlays. If they were just the silver diamonds, I think it would look pretty crisp.

Looking at it again, I think the black is what's bugging me. Silver alone would have looked amazing!

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Not a fan of inlays especially on sneaky Pete designs, but this is a Tascarella, So the built is top quality.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
....It's too bad the silver had to get wrapped in black on those inlays. If they were just the silver diamonds, I think it would look pretty crisp.....

The "black" serves as a frame for the silver diamond. If it were just a silver diamond the design would look crowded and flawed. The black needs to be there to make the design flow... Perfect decision and execution on the Pete's!

Last edited:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Not a fan of inlays especially on sneaky Pete designs, but this is a Tascarella, So the built is top quality.

THIS is NOT a "sneaky pete design"... Big difference. Sneaky's don't have veneers NOR a stainless joint NOR a Hoppe ring... It's a custom "Full Splice Cue"... So the inlays enhance the full splice cue just as them in any cue would..

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts if this cue had a wrap YOU wouldn't even know it was a full splice cue... You would just think it another Hoppe style cue...

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
THIS is NOT a "sneaky pete design"... Big difference. Sneaky's don't have veneers NOR a stainless joint NOR a Hoppe ring... It's a custom "Full Splice Cue"... So the inlays enhance the full splice cue just as them in any cue would..

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts if this cue had a wrap YOU wouldn't even know it was a full splice cue... You would just think it another Hoppe style cue...

Relax guy, if you can't accept criticism don't post your cues. Sneaky Petes are full splice and where the "full splice" comes from. I bet dollars to doughnuts you have serious insecurities issues. The cue would have been perfect if not for the inlays, I just don't like them, if you can't accept that it's your problem. And this is a cue and case gallery, not a precursor to what's for sale section.:thumbup:

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The "black" serves as a frame for the silver diamond. If it were just a silver diamond the design would look crowded and flawed. The black needs to be there to make the design flow... Perfect decision and execution on the Pete's!

What may I ask is the black Inlay material being used....is it a filler? Or a solid piece?