Who do you think is the most naturally talented pro?

Magyar19

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know, a pro that can pack his sticks in his closet for months or years and still give anyone on Earth trouble. I'd give my answer but I admittedly don't know much about the pros.

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
Not a pro, but Austin Murphy. Anyone who has ever known the kid or seen him plays knows what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well i have these three on my list:
1) Wu
2) Joshua Filler
3) Vilmos Foldes
There are MANY super-talented players but these three have shown their insane talent at very young age. Of course probably the most talented player of our time is Wu who became double world champion by the age of 16,you just cant beat that :) Joshua was killing his opponents at Eurotour at the age of 11 and won China Open at the age of 19, Vilmos began to tour european tournaments at the age of 12 i believe,became world junior champion at the age of 18 and bronze medalist at world championships in mens division at the age of 22. Another notables would be Albin Ouschan, Chang Jun Lin, Yang Shin Sun...too many to name them :eek:
But it is Wu who proved your point, he didnt play pool for several years because of life circumstances (military service, leukemia, international ban by chinese taipei federation..yet he was able to return to the very top of the international pool circuit.So yeah, it is Wu for me.

Last edited:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Mark Tadd could probably come back tomorrow and scare the bejesus outa half the planet

Brags

Banned
Justin Bergman

Even Justin wouldn't agree with you.

I've gambled with Dennis a few years ago he gave me the 8 playing 10 ball on 9ft only time we've played. He's my friend, haven't gambled since. I played Warren Kiamco and few others. I think Filipinos, Tawainese, & Chinese are by far the best players in world. I would love to play them because I know it would make me better. I couldn't care less about playing the Challenge of Champions, World 9 Ball, etc. World 9 Ball 10 years ago when Matchroom ran it for sure I'd love too. They made it exciting & it paid good... Now it's a joke... Half the people in it shouldn't even be allowed in a pro tournament.

Last edited:

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didnt he come out and play not long ago?

You are all off base.
Think Rodney Morris.
When he started playing (I mean from the get-go, folks), he could make balls naturally.
His aim was so damn natural, you wondered why it took him almost seven years to win a major event.
Well, I imagine all the time he spent in Hawaiian Brians back in the day was spent practicing moves and getting ready for the road.

Rodney Morris. The most naturally talented pool player of our day. Bar none. IMO

Brags

Banned
You are all off base.
Think Rodney Morris.
When he started playing (I mean from the get-go, folks), he could make balls naturally.
His aim was so damn natural, you wondered why it took him almost seven years to win a major event.
Well, I imagine all the time he spent in Hawaiian Brians back in the day was spent practicing moves and getting ready for the road.

Rodney Morris. The naturally talented pool player of our day.

yep...Morris...Strickland...Shaw...how did I forget about Rodney? lol...best dressed too.

tashworth19191

Pool will make you humble
Silver Member
I think Corey Duel, yes he studies the game but uses unorthodox methods to do things that others don't. For instance the soft break, look where the rack is on pro tournaments now - partly due to him.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
You know, a pro that can pack his sticks in his closet for months or years and still give anyone on Earth trouble. I'd give my answer but I admittedly don't know much about the pros.

That used to be Parica in his younger days.
He'd drive to a tournament after not hitting the balls for months.
Then win it.
Heck, he'd win on a borrowed stick.

Today, maybe Alex or Ko Pin Yi.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I have never defined the term 'natural' to myself satisfactorily....

We had a kid up here, years ago, who was a world class snooker player at 18.
He always treated people nicely...but he complained to me privately....
"Another one just called me a natural...if he hit as many balls as I have, he'd be a natural too."

Cujopro

Registered
Hands down would have to be Rodney "The Rocket" Morris.

Was away from the game for numerous years after winning the U.S Open back in 96. Still came back and played great . Making it into the BCA hall of fame . One of the few players that throughout their career has played effortlessly .

Probably the most natural talented player over the last 20-25 years