Are Paul Sumrall cues in high demand?

I hope this is not a bad question to ask.

Are his cues in the same league as Diveney for example?

I am looking a a really nice Sumrall cue, but I can't find any values of his cues on the 2nd hand market .

I understand that I will not know if I will like a cue until I have tried one out.

I just do not want to get stuck with a cue if for some reason I do not like it, and then have to take a loss in order to resell it.

You may send me a pm if you want to.

I just do not know how his cues compare (when it comes to demand on the 2nd hand market) to other cues out there .

When it comes to needing to resell a cue on the 2nd hand market, would I be much better off with a high in demand cue like a Schon for example ?

Thanks for any honest opinions about this, and you may pm me if you think your reply should not be public.

Last edited:

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't really see many of his cues around. If you search AZ there are several threads about his cues. As far resale, you are better off finding one of his cue that fits your eye and get it as cheap as you can b/c other than a select few top tier makers, you'll likely lose money on it.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Maybe you should take a 5 year break, learn something about cues, and then come back here....just a thought

Maybe you should take a 5 year break, learn something about cues, and then come back here....just a thought

Learn enough about cues, so that I am not the one who is always asking the questions, and maybe then I might know enough to help others with their questions?

But if everyone knew everything (about cues, in this case), and had no questions, then there would be no need for the forum. They could just log into facebook, and post their thoughts on there.

You don't really see many of his cues around. If you search AZ there are several threads about his cues. As far resale, you are better off finding one of his cue that fits your eye and get it as cheap as you can b/c other than a select few top tier makers, you'll likely lose money on it.

Thanks for your reply. I understand. I just wish I knew the prices that some of his cues sold for in the past. Sellers always delete their asking prices after a cue sells. I always liked that on ebay, I could search to see how much a certain cue sold for in the past (like a Meucci Gambler for example), to get an idea of its value. With some cues, I really have no idea, and it is hard to look up values.

Wow! You guys are ruthless! Seemed a pretty simple question.

Justin, I have never heard of his cues personally. Wish I had more information for you.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Wow! You guys are ruthless! Seemed a pretty simple question.

Justin, I have never heard of his cues personally. Wish I had more information for you.

Thanks. Maybe I (subconsciously) just like to annoy them with stupid question.

It would be easier for them not to respond at all if they find it annoying so they must get some kind of pleasure from it.

It would be easier for them not to respond at all if they find it annoying so they must get some kind of pleasure from it.

Lol, yeah, forums are where vicious people like to hang out though. If they see a thread where they can reply with some sort of nasty, or smart ass remark, then they are going to reply with what ever thoughts they have on that thread. That is just the way most forums are. Thanks for the nice replies though.

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great cues.... I have never seen one on the second hand market.
I bought an ebony into maple sneaky, & I wouldn't part with it.
He is a pretty cool guy as well ( just so ya know)
Not really an answer as far as "flipping " goes, but a chance to give a plug for a cuemaker who is a stand-up guy...��

Last edited:
Hahaha! Pretty damn funny. I didn’t know about the “pay it forward” thread.

Justin, your on your own brother.

SHAME ON YOU!

Great cues.... I have never seen one on the second hand market.
I bought an ebony into apple sneaky, & I wouldn't part with it.
He is a pretty cool guy as well ( just so ya know)
Not really an answer as far as "flipping " goes, but a chance to give a plug for a cuemaker who is a stand-up guy...��

Thanks for your reply. They must be great cues if they are rarely ever for sale on the 2nd hand market. Kind of the same reason why "Mike Durbin" cues are so rarely for sale on the 2nd hand market (because people who buy them, never want to part with them). Makes sense.

Hahaha! Pretty damn funny. I didn’t know about the “pay it forward” thread.

Justin, your on your own brother.

SHAME ON YOU!

Yeah, shame on me for selling a cue I paid $50 for. It is the worst thing anyone has ever done on this forum, right? I am the worst forum member ever, right? Shame on me. I should have stones thrown at me (every day), for the rest of my life.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member

Maybe they respond to help others not named Justin who asks a new cue question weekly, gets pointed to good cues, and never takes the advice?

You should have your balls removed with a dull spoon. Pay it forward means just that. It’s called integrity. In my opinion you owe the seller of such cue and the buyer an apology.