Happy Independence Day

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I hope all you crazy ballheaded sonsaguns have a good fourth.
I have to work but once I get off I will be with y’all.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I’ll play some pool today.

DFD63870-3630-47F3-BFAE-3EF1113B726D.jpg

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yup, it's a special day.

I think few realize that the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, which tends to be, inaccurately, viewed as the moment America realized its freedom from Britain, was, in all likelihood, the biggest gamble in American history.

The brains behind the choice to draft and issue the document, Benjamin Franklin and John Adams, and its truly inspirational author, Thomas Jefferson, opted to declare independence from Britain knowing that doing so could have dire consequences in the form of a war and countless lives lost.

America's army was in its infancy and was far less developed than that of Britain, so the colonies were signing up for what was sure to be a very challenging fight. Surely, if it all went wrong, the colonies would revert to British rule, and those who signed the document might all be executed as treasonous traitors.

True freedom from England was earned in the Revolutionary War, which didn't end until October 19, 1781 at Yorktown, Virginia, when and where the British surrender came. I once had a chat with an American military man, and he argued that Independence day could just as easily be celebrated on October 19. I remember disagreeing.

The gamble represented by the Declaration of Independence was the greater moment than the actual realization of the dream of freedom from Britain. Let us all be inspired by the resolve shown by America's founding fathers when they declared independence. May we all have similar resolve whenever we set out to pursue any dream worth chasing .... including those dreams that pertain to pool.

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
View this email in your browser

July 4th, 2020 - 244 years of the greatest experiment in human history.

Representative democracy, a free press, a three-part system of government with checks and balances; the executive, the judicial, and the legislative branches, none being more powerful than the other. This system was set in place almost two and a half centuries ago and it has proven to the world that it is the greatest guarantee of personal freedom, life, Liberty, the right to keep and bear arms, and the pursuit of happiness that has ever existed. Yet, as solid as this foundation laid down by our Founding Fathers is, in their wisdom, they saw that any form of government should, at its best or at its worst, always be a work in progress and thus, it has always been.

Is it perfect? No, anything created by man will never be perfect.
Is it the best? Yes.

In spite of all the shouting to the contrary, there is no other place on Earth that gives so much, so many freedoms and so many opportunities as the United States of America. America was a system of self-governing laws memorialized in the words of Abraham Lincoln “…and that government, of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from this Earth.”

That is also why so many millions continue to strive each and every day to come to America. Always remember this, freedom is always held more sacred by those who hold it for the very first time. Perhaps we have held it for so long that many take these things for granted and for some, they do not realize the true value of what they have been privileged to hold in their hands. Millions of Americans who have held its value sacred have sacrificed, fought for and died to preserve and protect this precious gift. Those who wish to disrupt, dishonor or even destroy it, do not truly know or understand the sacred value of the gift they have been given by this “Grand Experiment.” It is the gift conceived and constructed by our Founding Fathers and it is the greatest gift ever given to so many by so few.

There was a time when a man's fate was seen as his own doing, and individual initiative and hard work were seen as the pathways to success. Those principles, those pathways have not changed, but there are now many in America who have changed. They no longer believe in individual initiative, hard work or personal responsibility. They believe that America, this system, this government should give them their successes. And if it doesn't, then there is something wrong with America and our government of representative democracy. They cannot face or admit to themselves that many shortcomings that exist, are not in our system, but often in themselves as individuals.

The Founding Fathers, in spite of any personal shortcomings they may have had as individuals, were still able to create the greatest gift in the history of mankind. As human beings, we are far from perfect. We are the ones who need to be better. We need to live up to the truths, the ideals and the principles that they set before us, not conspire to bring it down.

On July 4th, 1776, our journey, our “Grand Experiment” began. It is far from over.

I have sworn to defend her, to protect her, to celebrate her and with you, just as Abraham Lincoln said over consecrated ground 155 years ago, I also pray to Almighty God that this government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from this Earth.

Happy 4th of July. God bless America.

Friend forwarded to me, source unknown

Reactions: sjm

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Yup, it's a special day.

I think few realize that the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, which tends to be, inaccurately, viewed as the moment America realized its freedom from Britain, was, in all likelihood, the biggest gamble in American history.

The brains behind the choice to draft and issue the document, Benjamin Franklin and John Adams, and its truly inspirational author, Thomas Jefferson, opted to declare independence from Britain knowing that doing so could have dire consequences in the form of a war and countless lives lost.

America's army was in its infancy and was far less developed than that of Britain, so the colonies were signing up for what was sure to be a very challenging fight. Surely, if it all went wrong, the colonies would revert to British rule, and those who signed the document might all be executed as treasonous traitors.

True freedom from England was earned in the Revolutionary War, which didn't end until October 19, 1781 at Yorktown, Virginia, when and where the British surrender came. I once had a chat with an American military man, and he argued that Independence day could just as easily be celebrated on October 19. I remember disagreeing.

The gamble represented by the Declaration of Independence was the greater moment than the actual realization of the dream of freedom from Britain. Let us all be inspired by the resolve shown by America's founding fathers when they declared independence. May we all have similar resolve whenever we set out to pursue any dream worth chasing .... including those dreams that pertain to pool.

Very interesting Stu! I did not know most of the events and timing of the whole thing.
I did know we opened up our squirrel guns and gave 'em hell.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
View this email in your browser

July 4th, 2020 - 244 years of the greatest experiment in human history.

Representative democracy, a free press, a three-part system of government with checks and balances; the executive, the judicial, and the legislative branches, none being more powerful than the other. This system was set in place almost two and a half centuries ago and it has proven to the world that it is the greatest guarantee of personal freedom, life, Liberty, the right to keep and bear arms, and the pursuit of happiness that has ever existed. Yet, as solid as this foundation laid down by our Founding Fathers is, in their wisdom, they saw that any form of government should, at its best or at its worst, always be a work in progress and thus, it has always been.

Is it perfect? No, anything created by man will never be perfect.
Is it the best? Yes.

In spite of all the shouting to the contrary, there is no other place on Earth that gives so much, so many freedoms and so many opportunities as the United States of America. America was a system of self-governing laws memorialized in the words of Abraham Lincoln “…and that government, of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from this Earth.”

That is also why so many millions continue to strive each and every day to come to America. Always remember this, freedom is always held more sacred by those who hold it for the very first time. Perhaps we have held it for so long that many take these things for granted and for some, they do not realize the true value of what they have been privileged to hold in their hands. Millions of Americans who have held its value sacred have sacrificed, fought for and died to preserve and protect this precious gift. Those who wish to disrupt, dishonor or even destroy it, do not truly know or understand the sacred value of the gift they have been given by this “Grand Experiment.” It is the gift conceived and constructed by our Founding Fathers and it is the greatest gift ever given to so many by so few.

There was a time when a man's fate was seen as his own doing, and individual initiative and hard work were seen as the pathways to success. Those principles, those pathways have not changed, but there are now many in America who have changed. They no longer believe in individual initiative, hard work or personal responsibility. They believe that America, this system, this government should give them their successes. And if it doesn't, then there is something wrong with America and our government of representative democracy. They cannot face or admit to themselves that many shortcomings that exist, are not in our system, but often in themselves as individuals.

The Founding Fathers, in spite of any personal shortcomings they may have had as individuals, were still able to create the greatest gift in the history of mankind. As human beings, we are far from perfect. We are the ones who need to be better. We need to live up to the truths, the ideals and the principles that they set before us, not conspire to bring it down.

On July 4th, 1776, our journey, our “Grand Experiment” began. It is far from over.

I have sworn to defend her, to protect her, to celebrate her and with you, just as Abraham Lincoln said over consecrated ground 155 years ago, I also pray to Almighty God that this government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from this Earth.

Happy 4th of July. God bless America.

Friend forwarded to me, source unknown

You are absolute trash and really deserve to get banned. Why would you post this garbage? A country in need of unity does not need to have this drivel forwarded around by a bored old man.

Go serve at a soup kitchen for a while, be a productive member of society instead of a hateful dummy at home on your keyboard.

To everyone else with an IQ above 48: the real beauty of Independence Day is remembering that tyranny has no place here. Check your voter registration and vote this November. Don't be like this Cocobolo Cowboy trashbag, sowing divisiveness and a misplaced sense of superiority, serve your country by participating in making it a better place.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
A reminder to people who sit at home jerking off about hating other people, like Cocobolo Cowboy

Be better

Attachments

• g5QPhDA.jpg
    g5QPhDA.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 137

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yet, as solid as this foundation laid down by our Founding Fathers is, in their wisdom, they saw that any form of government should, at its best or at its worst, always be a work in progress and thus, it has always been.

Agreed. We've come a long way and have a long way to go as a nation and a government. Some of the visions and hopes of the founding fathers are unrealized, and it's our responsibility to take on the challenges that remain.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Agreed. We've come a long way and have a long way to go as a nation and a government. Some of the visions and hopes of the founding fathers are unrealized, and it's our responsibility to take on the challenges that remain.

Well I think the founding father had it right. They wrote out Declaration of independence, and the U.S Constitution.

If you read both documents they were pretty much on the money, the founding fathers put a lot of thought into both documents, and history shows us, they worked on the documents until they got them right. Created a system of check & balances.

I am not sure anyone today could do a better job, those document are like the perfect foundation for a new country formed in 1776.

Many people have said to me this or that is a right, it in the constitution. I say I have a copy inthe car, I will go get my pocket copy. Few want to take the time to find what they think is in the Constitution. The reply is something not nice.

Most of the thing people think are right in the U.S. Constitution & Bill of Rights, are things like FREE Healthcare for all, or Free College, or other things not in the U.S. Constitution.

FREE means someone else pays for your free.

JMHO

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The true magnificence of our Constitution is that it provides for absolute perpetuity but also change.
It’s called amendments & ratification by the states. And those very states have their own versions.

“E Pluribus Unum” out of many, one. The world evolves, society evolves as does our own country.
One thing that remains constant for our nation is its commitment to truth, decency & equality for all.

On 4th July, maybe it’s worthwhile to avoid expressing sarcasm or contempt for at least 24 hours.
Opinions aren’t to get changed one iota a by whatever anyone composes regardless of the subject.