Danny Harriman 14.1 280 Ball Run NOW AVAILABLE HERE!

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
not yet Dana. Ordered mine 7/25/08 and as of a couple of minutes ago:

"Your item was processed and left our FOREST PARK, IL 60130 facility on August 3, 2008. "

Maybe tomorrow.

Dave Nelson got his.

Dave Nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave Nelson got his.

Sure did. And I've watched it twice so far. He makes it look so easy that I find myself saying, hey, I can do that. I can't though. But I can try.

Dave Nelson

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got mine yesterday. I enjoyed it. The video quality is crystal clear. Danny goes into detail in his commentary. I was particularly interested in Danny's discussion of using english into clusters to insure a specific direction of break out, spinning the balls one way or another.

What really astounds me though is that a 280-ball run can be made with only a handful of balls "wiping their feet" on the way in. How the heck does he do that!!!!? This is a beautiful well thought out run, and yet there are plenty of awkward shots, so how do these guys get over tough shots time and again and pocket them straight in the middle of distant pockets? This is the part of the game that continues to baffle me, and why I'm mainly concerned with finding a worthwhile aiming routine.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
bluepepper said:
. I was particularly interested in Danny's discussion of using english into clusters to insure a specific direction of break out, spinning the balls one way or another.

I was just talking to a friend of mine about that. using right english so that after the cue ball hits the object ball, the right english affects the next ball it caroms into in a certain way. Using high and low for the same effect??

Got to figure that out.

He does a lot of effective bumping.

Haven't finished it yet.

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dmgwalsh said:
He does a lot of effective bumping.

Yes. He also talks about breaking up the rack towards center table by using inside english on the break shot. He says that Mosconi or Crane did this to push balls away from the foot rail. I never thought that the spin on the cueball was a strong enough force to effect the direction the balls break open, but I'll certainly try it.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
bluepepper said:
Yes. He also talks about breaking up the rack towards center table by using inside english on the break shot. He says that Mosconi or Crane did this to push balls away from the foot rail. I never thought that the spin on the cueball was a strong enough force to effect the direction the balls break open, but I'll certainly try it.

I didn't understand that either. I will have to watch again and experiment.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny, can you empty out your pms I need to send you one... Thanks...

Pete

D Player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny - Just sent in my order via your website. I can't wait to check out the run.

patrickcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PM box is full

Danny Harriman said:
Hello fellow straight pool enthusiasts.

Now available on DVD is Danny Harriman's RECORD BREAKING 280 Ball Run w/audio commentary by Danny.

The video quality of this disc is superb! With the 280 Ball Run you also get instructions on how to improve your own game!!

Follow the link below to Danny's website.

http://www.myspace.com/DannyHarriman

International shipping rates may be higher than what you initially pay. If this is a problem then you can receive a full refund.
Danny:

Give me a call please!

DOUG PATRICK
618-709-2615

highrun55

can`t make a ball anymore
Silver Member
Danny`s 14-1 dvd

Got my dvd in the mail this morning, all I can say is WOW, what a treat.
Danny, now I can see why you won my 14-1 tournament last year.
Awesome DVD, Get one before they are gone.

Thanks Danny

Mickey

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Did he say the spin actually does something to the rack, or did using inside english let him cut the object ball more so the cueball had more speed going into the rack?

suckershot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bud green said:
Did he say the spin actually does something to the rack, or did using inside english let him cut the object ball more so the cueball had more speed going into the rack?

He said that the inside english, when breaking the balls, tends to pull balls up away from the end rail. I, too, had trouble swallowing this pill.

Irregardless, the DVD is fantastic. VERY well put together, nice production value, impressive for a first production. Thanks Danny!

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
suckershot said:
He said that the inside english, when breaking the balls, tends to pull balls up away from the end rail. I, too, had trouble swallowing this pill.

Irregardless, the DVD is fantastic. VERY well put together, nice production value, impressive for a first production. Thanks Danny!

exactly!

How does that work???

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
bluepepper said:
so how do these guys get over tough shots time and again and pocket them straight in the middle of distant pockets? This is the part of the game that continues to baffle me, and why I'm mainly concerned with finding a worthwhile aiming routine.

If we played the number of quality hours that the pro's play our averages would go up also.

I get in about 6 hrs a week and about half that time is spent watching my opponent play. So, 3hrs a week isn't anywhere near the time the pro's put in. We get 30s 40s and occasional 50s when we play, but its all about dedication and hours on the table.

BTW, for any B or above player its my opinion that it has much less to do with an aiming routine or technique as is does with a delivery technique.

We know how to aim to the correct spot, but even though we think we are hitting where we are aiming, its my opinion that we aren't. I thnk focusing your efforts on delivery rather than where to aim is key.

The pros have a huge advantage in terms of honing in their strokes to perfection and accurate repeat execution so that it is second nature. We just don't put in the hours to have that happen.

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3andstop said:
BTW, for any B or above player its my opinion that it has much less to do with an aiming routine or technique as is does with a delivery technique.

We know how to aim to the correct spot, but even though we think we are hitting where we are aiming, its my opinion that we aren't. I thnk focusing your efforts on delivery rather than where to aim is key.

I guess it depends on the player. For me, if I set up a long half ball shot and I know it's a half ball shot, I can pocket it 90 percent of the time. For me, at least for the most part, I think it does have to do with recognizing where to aim.

johntaggz88

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ahh, now I'm starting to worry. I ordered a copy 8 days ago and still didn't get it in the mail, what's going on? = (

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
johntaggz88 said:
Ahh, now I'm starting to worry. I ordered a copy 8 days ago and still didn't get it in the mail, what's going on? = (

Hang loose. Mine took about 8-10 days too.

I know you are jonesin' for it, but the fix will be worth the wait.:)

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
johntaggz88 said:

He sent them out using USPS Media Mail rate. This is about 50% of priority mail rate (I just did a sample of 6 oz shipment and priority mail is $4.80 and Media Mail is $2.23).

Unfortunately, this rate is really really really really really really really really SLOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. For me, it's not worth the saving. Hell, if I had a choice, I'd paid $2 more to get it priority mail in 2-3 days.

Did I mention really really really SSSSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW?