US Open 9 Ball - Hey Brady Behrman

scttybee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm completely aware that Barry Behrman died. In fact, once I found that out we celebrated by going back to the open with the expectation that Pat Fleming would eliminate the Berhman insanity we found so repulsive from the tournament. Sadly, his family was still involved (to the detriment of the tournament) and that's why we haven't been back since.

no class sir,none.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dnschmidt is not saying anything the majority of us are not thinking. And, he’s speaking from personal experience.

When Barry was alive, everyone the world over publicly complained about his production of the Open. Him dying does not magically transform his production.

Now you have his family back in charge. His son already has a track record of stiffing players. His daughter remains to be seen. And they are clearly interfering with Pat.

So while it might not be the nicest thing to talk poorly of the dead, it’s not classless, and it’s the truth, because we are talking about the running of the event itself.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
dnschmidt is not saying anything the majority of us are not thinking. And, he’s speaking from personal experience.

When Barry was alive, everyone the world over publicly complained about his production of the Open. Him dying does not magically transform his production.

Now you have his family back in charge. His son already has a track record of stiffing players. His daughter remains to be seen. And they are clearly interfering with Pat.

So while it might not be the nicest thing to talk poorly of the dead, it’s not classless, and it’s the truth, because we are talking about the running of the event itself.

There were a lot of things that Barry got right! But his overt self glorification was not one of them. It's a shame if Brady tries to sustain that image.

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So the son is stiffing players. What a major surprise that is. The acorn doesn't fall far from the oak now does it. If Barry was a charlatan when he was living what makes him a saint now that he's dead?

Barry was Barry, let's leave it at that. He was a person who gravely suffered from Small Man's Syndrome and never got over it. I stand by every word I've written. If somebody can prove me wrong I'll listen. Problem is, I'm not wrong.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But you are wrong for focusing solely on the man's stumbles.

He did a lotta good for pool too. Why don't you clutch onto that as vehemently as you do your distaste?

Its just a game, man. some sticks and some balls.

So the son is stiffing players. What a major surprise that is. The acorn doesn't fall far from the oak now does it. If Barry was a charlatan when he was living what makes him a saint now that he's dead?

Barry was Barry, let's leave it at that. He was a person who gravely suffered from Small Man's Syndrome and never got over it. I stand by every word I've written. If somebody can prove me wrong I'll listen. Problem is, I'm not wrong.

scttybee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

the son has done nothing wrong yet.(regarding us open) you just come off as such an asshole