Tyler Styer and Zach Marquardt tummble on the tundra Aug 29th & 30th

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
100-70 would be the predicted final score of a 750 vs a 698. Those are the Fargo’s of the two players.

And hence where the head scratcher is in Fargo ,, since it's solely built on wins and loses , you can only get to a number by the race results , doesn't give you a accustats comparision of the actual level of play during the match only gives you end game results
So if your a gambling and you want to know the real deal like a racing form for horses , you actually would want a combination of both
I will add that Styler is trending up big time , he's doing all the right things and looks the part of someone who is going to be a top level player in tournaments, and my guess is it won't be long before players will think twice about jumping in the box with him ,,

Last edited:

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Geno exaggerated... but Zach’s real rating is 698 with over 1000 games in the system. There is no way to exaggerate that. That’s a Solid A speed player.

How much does the table affect Fargo? Is 1,000 games on a valley bar box the same as 1,000 on 9ft tour spec table? Are there enough "connections" for that? I keep seeing anomalies like this.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Tyler has been playing great since last year, his Fargo should be going up. His Fargo last year was like 50th, 60th, 70th - it wasnt good.

He's at 29th right now, heck of a jump, and should keep moving up.

Would be interesting to know his Fargo if just the last year was counted.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never heard of Zach, but if this is true, Tyler needs a lot of weight, because even his "A" game is not good enough to hang with the most elite in a long match. Then again, a race to 100 for $1,000 must be the smallest ever bet on a race of this length, so maybe this is just a good tune-up for the Mosconi.

I'm nobody and played $1,000 race to 5 on a barbox for 3 days straight.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I went to the FB page and read a few of the match comments. It looks like day one finished at 50-9. There are several videos, none of them had sound. Geno was writing the match comments. He said they would play the second half the next day. No updates after that. No second day video or comments. Based on the first day's score, and the lack of any video, or comment from day 2, I'm betting they never played the second day.

Next topic: Some people here on AZ over the years have said if we used our real names, we would be much more civil. Well, the FB comments of this match disprove that. One person called Zach a retard. Another person called the first a F$ing #I&#. Another person said you need to clean your mouth out with soap. Another person said Zach sucks. And all of these people used their real names.

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Next topic: Some people here on AZ over the years have said if we used our real names, we would be much more civil. Well, the FB comments of this match disprove that. One person called Zach a retard. Another person called the first a F$ing #I&#. Another person said you need to clean your mouth out with soap. Another person said Zach sucks. And all of these people used their real names.

Just imagine what they would have been saying had they not used their real names. :eek: