Match Of The Century-Orcollo v Van Boening (Nov 7-9),10ball Race to 120 (Sterling VA)

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What we are seeing here is Shane's gaff game.

The rules for this match have even been set up to play into this gaff.

For as much money as they are supposedly playing for, it is amazing there was no neutral racker made available :eek:

Did you bet on Dennis?

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go Shane go!

Way to go South Dakota Kid. You are making pool great again in the good old USA!

This pool loving American patriot really appreciates it.

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you bet on Dennis?
I bet on matches where I can watch in-person that are not pay per view streamed. Too much funny stuff in pool to do so otherwise.

Do you think Shane would even play if there was going to be a neutral racker? :rolleyes:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

For as much money as they are supposedly playing for, it is amazing there was no neutral racker made available :eek:

They made the game.

Shane is just too string for him.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
P
I bet on matches where I can watch in-person that are not pay per view streamed. Too much funny stuff in pool to do so otherwise.

Do you think Shane would even play if there was going to be a neutral racker? :rolleyes:

They can't dump on you in person? That seems more likely.

At big events I bet the rail ,not in the pool. Then I feel I'm betting on the hustle as much as what could be a real game.

Last edited:

gmoney1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the break

I keep hearing things like gaffe rack, rack mechanic.....

SVB simply has a better quality strike on the CUE BALL. Period

the consistency of how the cueball reacts after contacting the one ball is not something that a gaffe rack has anything to do with.

- there is no secret other than the fact he has put in more time practicing the break than anyone who has ever played this game.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I keep hearing things like gaffe rack, rack mechanic.....

SVB simply has a better quality strike on the CUE BALL. Period

the consistency of how the cueball reacts after contacting the one ball is not something that a gaffe rack has anything to do with.

- there is no secret other than the fact he has put in more time practicing the break than anyone who has ever played this game.
Agree. He's just the best breaker. Pure-n-simple. I watched him at DCC one year practice this forever. All those whiners put together couldn't break like that. He hits 'em dead-flush every time.

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No expert, but the guys calling the match and my own eyes suggested that Shane was breaking better than Orcollo and as the night went on things changed with the break and he seemed to make some adjustments and Orcollo just couldn't get things to work. He was doing a lot of other things better, also.

I'm assuming he knows how to rack and set up his own balls the way he thinks he wants them to be just like SVB, hardly a big deal.

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Again, no expert, and only been watching a lot online the past year or so, but for those who know these things --- is SVB seen as a great safety player? Obviously he's a great player and can probably play just about any shot as well or better than most folks out there. But when I watch him and then end up watching others and thinking about his shots it seems like his safety play is a little more "loose" - for lack of a better word. Just asking and appreciate any insight into that.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Is SVB cheating?

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. Haters gotta hate.
I'm sorry you have to resort to name-calling and can't handle a little objectivity. Here is a little more:

Every time Corey Deuel figures out a new break, they change the rules. But it's perfectly OK for Shane to do it?

Sounds like double standards are ok as long as it's "your guy" :eek:

Try asking Jayson Shaw how he feels about Shane racking for himself.

Attachments

• shanerackshaw.jpg
    shanerackshaw.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 683

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sorry you have to resort to name-calling and can't handle a little objectivity. Here is a little more:

Every time Corey Deuel figures out a new break, they change the rules. But it's perfectly OK for Shane to do it?

Sounds like double standards are ok as long as it's "your guy" :eek:

Try asking Jayson Shaw how he feels about Shane racking for himself.
Anything that pisses Shaw off i'm down with, colossal douchebag imo. BTW, SVB ain't "my guy", just tired of the whining.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's hard to dismiss the fact that Shane has had one of if not the very best 10 ball break for years and it didn't matter whether he was racking or his opponent was racking or if there was a neutral racker.

Shane puts in more time then anybody I've ever heard of on All Phases of his game and especially his break.

best,
brian kc

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

^^^^^^^ is funny and, well, FUNNY.

You should share whatever it is your taking cause it must be some really, really good stuff.

DO can do EVERYTHING just as well as Shane can as long as you don't throw BREAKING in the mix while playing 10 ball.

Sorry dude, as strong as DO is, he IMO, just cant go toe to toe with SVB's 10 break. Not gonna happen.

DO may end up winning the match. The score could be, DO 50 and SVB 100 and DO could still come back and win.......if.......SVB's break isn't working.

On the other hand, reverse that scenario and if SVB's break is on, well....lol.... it wouldn't matter is DO's break was on or not, SVB would pack him to death.

I opened my window to a couple more folks. Now I got SVB and giving 15 games in wire. I hope it don't bite me...lol

Why yiu not betting on DO if you think SVB is so weak that he has to cheat?

Also, don't lie to yourself. DO is every bit the rack mechanic that SVB is.

It's not so much SVB's racking, it's his monstrous break that makes him a killer in 10 ball. Sure, he can rack, IMO, as well as anyone thats ever lived but, that ain't all it is to SVB's game.

Lol

Put the pipe down

Jeff