Congrats to Rory Hendrickson

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a guy that devoted most of his time to raising a daughter, and being General Manager of Fargo Billiards, sitting at the top of the US Open 8 ball.

Hopefully it is Shane and him playing tonight. Great friends, who have played thousands of games together. We could call it the border war, North Dakota vs South Dakota.

Congrats my friend, bring this one home

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a guy that devoted most of his time to raising a daughter, and being General Manager of Fargo Billiards, sitting at the top of the US Open 8 ball.

Hopefully it is Shane and him playing tonight. Great friends, who have played thousands of games together. We could call it the border war, North Dakota vs South Dakota.

Congrats my friend, bring this one home

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He played solid agaimst bowman taking a 5-0 lead only to let it get away from him. Bowman was up 8-7 running out only to play poor on the 8 amd dogged it. After rory ran it, he took a break at hill hill and responded with am BNR. Showed a lot of heart and composure. Never heard of him before and am now very much a fan. Good luck rory!

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doesn't play much anymore. That might change now that Jessica has graduated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rory

I loved watching the Bowman-Hendrickson match. Every rack was a struggle lol.

I was the referee for the hot seat match. Rory deserves to be sitting in the hot seat. He's playing better than I've ever seen him play!

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He ran 11 racks in 9 ball against me one night on a 9 foot Gabriel, and I was racking.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's beaten Tyler Brandom, Hunter Lombardo, Brandon Shuff, Thorsten Hohmann, Josh Roberts, and Jess Bowman to get to the finals. He'll probably have his toughest match in the finals though. How awesome would it be if he won?

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking forward to Rory and Shane. It will be fun to listen to them next time we go for supper.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He ran 11 racks in 9 ball against me one night on a 9 foot Gabriel, and I was racking.

Did you watch the hot seat match? How did Rory's play compare to his usual game?

I ask because the commentators observed that he looked very nervous, which certainly seemed to be case. He scrambled his way to win with some professional shots, so I'm not knocking him - just trying to determine if what we saw was his A game (and he's just a scrambler) or it was at least partly nerves.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
4 unless Rory loses first set then 5

That's what the flowchart would lead you to believe. But I have my doubts, for the following reasons:

• Last year it was a single extended race (to 11 instead of 9) in the finals. Orcollo came from the losers' side to win that single set.

• This year's US Open 10-Ball event was a single extended race (to 13 instead of 10) in the finals. Van Boening came from the losers' side to win that single set.

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you watch the hot seat match? How did Rory's play compare to his usual game?

I ask because the commentators observed that he looked very nervous, which certainly seemed to be case. He scrambled his way to win with some professional shots, so I'm not knocking him - just trying to determine if what we saw was his A game (and he's just a scrambler) or it was at least partly nerves.

I watched the match. I have played him thousands of games and watched even more. I would say that was about average for him

He isn't a scrambler. He is a pattern player. He always talks lines.

I am sure he was a little nervous as he hasn't been in a situation like that in years

On the other side, Jesse is definitely a gunslinger. Since they have played each other for years with one being fast and the other not I think it had an effect on both games.

By the way a little plug for the Joseys. Rory plays with a Keith Josey

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's what the flowchart would lead you to believe. But I have my doubts, for the following reasons:

• Last year it was a single extended race (to 11 instead of 9) in the finals. Orcollo came from the losers' side to win that single set.

• This year's US Open 10-Ball event was a single extended race (to 13 instead of 10) in the finals. Van Boening came from the losers' side to win that single set.

I understand what you are saying, I was only going by Jay saying that Shane had a good opportunity to double dip Rory

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Correct Jay just stated the finals will be a one set match to 11

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Rory, he's been known to be a monster in the midwest for many years. 2nd place in that field wasn't bad at all.