4 Years Ago Today...

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Justin (JCIN) locked the door for the last time on the TAR studio in Las Vegas.

As I go through the old podcasts and hear them speak about the great responses from AZ I see it through a lens, looking backward. We've lost a lot of intelligent posters since then, some great action threads, and camaraderie too. Some of those names I've known since RSB.

Without getting too deep into modern social media trends I just wanted to send Justin a big thumbs up for all he did for pool. It's definitely a different world since TAR left the scene, both in the matches and tournaments, and on the boards too. I hope one day someone else takes up the gauntlet to do something a little different.

Attachments

• IMG_0518.jpg
    IMG_0518.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 589
  • IMG_0525.jpg
    IMG_0525.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 601
  • IMG_0594.jpg
    IMG_0594.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG_0620.jpg
    IMG_0620.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 594

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Justin is amazingly literate...if he wrote a book, I would buy it.

IMG_3634.JPG

RealLive

JUICEISBACK.COM
Silver Member
he's helped keep modern pool alive and i'm prayin for another Justin out there! he's always a huge inspiration for pool media and has been doin ridiculous firearm-industry work!

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To this day, it's one of the best interview sessions I've ever seen in terms of entertainment value and inside information, the pre tar interviews/pod cast....

https://youtu.be/zoCKGrlZHvg

The other is Shane and Efren....

https://youtu.be/_kL9ena6j6M

The podcasts were so special, in that the information and access to inside the players heads was unprecedented. I've watched them more than I have the actual matches.

One can only imagine the riches that could've been found if someone like Justin was doing such interviews around a pool table with the Lassiter's and Saint Louie Louie's of yesteryear.

I'm very thankful we have what we have.

Bravo Justin.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amen...he was a bit of a pioneer.

self taught, too. Decided he wanted to produce high quality action and went out and did it, dammit.

He helped create a market that kept improving. A fine spot in pools history.

Is he still with csi? I have no idea, but I think they are a great combo.

KeithS66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TAR and Justin were First Class all the way.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I flew down and watched four (SVB-Darren, SVB-Dennis, SVB-Efren, Mike D -Jayson S) TAR events live. Outstanding. Ahead of it's time and probably above budget to be sustainable. Long term someone has to install a semi permanent setup in a hall. Having a dedicated space and rent for a limited number of events can't pay the bills (at least that's my estimation)...only Justin and Mark would know for sure.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Man, I sure miss the TAR matches. It wasn't just the great players, it was the top notch production quality.

MeeLosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, TAR was so good for pool, too bad it had to end.
I'm still spending some money on it, though, just bought one of their matches a few months ago on Vimeo.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
When everybody was talking about what pool needs, speculating from the sidelines, Justin poured himself into some ideas to make it happen. In an industry full of talk, Justin does. He's that kind of person.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I cant believe it has been 4 years already.

He really put out one high quality product and I still re-watch a lot of the matches.

Not to mention, my most re-watched and favorite match ever is from them. Shane vs Alex Round 1 from Derby City. An incredible match with some incredible pool playing and an insane mistake. Not to mention the best commentary in a pool match I have ever heard. Knowledgeable, candid, funny.

Thanks again Justin and TAR!