Support Jay Helfert In Getting In The Ring Game

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
Im sure if the whole AZ communitiy gets behind him, He'll take a stab at this great event. He can make us all proud like fatboy. Cmon Jay, if anyone of us can win a bank pool ring game, you can do it! get in there, I think there is 1 spot left!!! EVERYONE SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!

olauzon

HANK THE TANK
Silver Member
well, sure, but how? does he need money? if so i'll give lunch money for 2 people, he just can't bring fatboy.

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
olauzon said:
well, sure, but how? does he need money? if so i'll give lunch money for 2 people, he just can't bring fatboy.

He dosnt need the money, he just needs us all to believe in him, and he needs to know that were behind him 100 %!!!!!!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks Derek, but I wouldn't play on your money, let alone my own. :D
I've got too much respect for money. And my best days are long behind me. I don't feel I have anything to prove either, but thanks anyway.

Just to make you happy I will be playing in the Bank Pool division. Wish me luck. :)

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
poolhustler said:
Our very own Fatboy and Jay ??? That would be awesome!!

Russ...

The champeens would be soooo paranoid about the dreaded slice and dice that they prolly wouldn't make a ball:D :D

olauzon

HANK THE TANK
Silver Member
derekdisco said:
He dosnt need the money, he just needs us all to believe in him, and he needs to know that were behind him 100 %!!!!!!

(jay needs lunch money)

i'm behind anybody from Az that's out there trying it with the tops. jay playing would help out fatboy, and any or both could make wonders happen, no doubt.

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
olauzon said:
(jay needs lunch money)

i'm behind anybody from Az that's out there trying it with the tops. jay playing would help out fatboy, and any or both could make wonders happen, no doubt.

That's the spirit! I'll be rooting for all AZBer's who take part in any of the formats. To me AZB is like one huge family & I love hearing about everyones achievements.

Tim-n-NM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
Thanks Derek, but I wouldn't play on your money, let alone my own. :D
I've got too much respect for money. And my best days are long behind me. I don't feel I have anything to prove either, but thanks anyway.

Just to make you happy I will be playing in the Bank Pool division. Wish me luck. :)

Good Luck ........

Ron Cook

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay is playing Banks! Go JAY!!

BPG24 said:
Who is jay Helfert?? :)

Jay is above you on this page of this tread. He will be at the Derby and has entered the Bank Division. He also plays one-pocket well & is a tournament director here in CA. He has been around pool his whole life and owned a pool room at one time.

Jay, do a couple of dry runs before you play. Figure out the angles and the distance the balls bank both with a soft and hard hit and you can do the rest well!

After looking at the 10 ball bank ring game video from last year I noticed most of the players hit the side rails on all of their table length banks and missed the shot. Shorten the long rail banks up just a little to stop the balls from rattling & not going in and just hanging in the pockets.

Go get them Jay and have fun!

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
olauzon said:

i got the worst of it in the ring game, me in a bank pool game OUCH that would be more embarassing than my spelling, I might not make a ball all night. If Jay enters it I'll be his caddie and fix up his toupee. :eek: :D ;) ;)

BPG24

Banned
Ron Cook said:
Jay is above you on this page of this tread. He will be at the Derby and has entered the Bank Division. He also plays one-pocket & is a tournament director here in CA. He has been around pool his whole life and owned a pool room at one time.

Jay, do a couple of dry runs before you play. Figure out the angles and the distance the balls bank both with a soft and hard hit and you can do the rest well!

After looking at the 10 ball bank ring game video from last year I noticed most of the players hit the side rails on all of their table length banks and missed the shot. Shorten the long rail banks up just a little to stop the balls from rattling & not going in and just hanging in the pockets.

It was a joke... see the :)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ron Cook said:
Jay is above you on this page of this tread. He will be at the Derby and has entered the Bank Division. He also plays one-pocket & is a tournament director here in CA. He has been around pool his whole life and owned a pool room at one time.

Thanks Ron. You're a good coach!