Banned
Gold Member
Chalk Up Inc presents

The 2nd Annual
2003 Software Techniques Patriot Cup

This year's cue sponsors are Fury and Lucasi:

The Fury North vs The Lucasi South

The Official Table is Gabriels and the cloth is Gorina

The 10 World Class Pros in the event will be announced this week.

Stay tuned...

For ticket info call Planet 9-Ball at 813-891-1450 or e-mail at patriotcup@yahoo.com

Warren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Re: Re: 2003 Software Techniques Patriot Cup

Gremlin said:
Charlie,

Tell me a little more about Software Techniques. What do they offer? Do they have a web site? You know I like it when you are able to have sponsors outside the pool industry interested in pool.

Don't worry I will be looking forward to the player announcement.
I hope you include Tony Robles, Mika and Tony Crosby. Maybe even Earl. ;)

Cheers

Gremlin

i agree with the sponsorship point, but i don't think mika or tony crosby will be on the team. its the patriot cup, supposed to a "north vs south" thing, and previously all the participants were american.

warren..

B

boarwolf

Mika was there last year. I probably won't be back since I am boycotting the UPA.
BW

B

boarwolf

Yes Harry, Tony Robles was there. He represented the North as he resides there. I suppose Puerto Rico could be considered South so he could play wherever he is needed. He played Ray Martin in straight pool. Tony hit his hand on the table on a break shot to end a run and then made a scratch on another break shot to stop a couple potential long runs. They played on Granito and any ball just nicking the rack would dislodge enough balls to continue the run. It looked like nothing could stop him except bad luck.

The North/South thing seems just a way to organize the players and enable some good-natured competition. It was a fun event and if I go again I will sneak under the curtain.

The UPA and Charlie hiimself called for a boycott of the US Open in what was clearly an attempt to ruin the Open and Barry Behrman in particular. I think that was a very negative thing to do and even though the boycott was a total failure I still feel that is the primary purpose of the UPA and will respond with a boycott of my own.
Boredwolf

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
[The UPA and Charlie hiimself called for a boycott of the US Open in what was clearly an attempt to ruin the Open and Barry Behrman in particular. I think that was a very negative thing to do and even though the boycott was a total failure I still feel that is the primary purpose of the UPA and will respond with a boycott of my own.
Boredwolf [/B]

In another post I addressed the issue of the state of pocket billiards and how it got there. This is just the sort of issue that I was talking about. When we make decisions, this is how it affects the fans of our sport. We force them to choose sides. I support both Charlie Williams and Barry Behrman, and believe me, I don't have to sit on the fence on this one. It is issues like the one discussed here that polarize the sport and stunt its growth. The players are forced to choose sides and we have both halves going in different directions. This causes resentment and discontent amongst the individuals directly involved. Prosepctive sponsors observe what is occurring within our industry and and are hesitant to want to involve themslelves in what looks to be a civil war. How many times do we have to shoot ourselves in the foot before we start feel it?

Attachments

• sam-bugs.jpg
    sam-bugs.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 257

Warren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gremlin said:
borewolf,

You are right and I think Tony Robles was there to as part of the north team. (Not sure) Warren is right! I forgot about the "North South" advertising. Tony Crosby has been playing out of Florida so maybe he could play on the south team? I don't think anyone really cares anyway? I mean about the "North South" thing. Just thought I would ask? All the UPA can say is no.:)

Why are you boycotting the UPA? ;)

Cheers,

Gremlin

oops, i screwed up, mika was there, he was the only non-american. tony robles is of puerto rican descent, but he is american (and if i remember right he was even born here). for some reason i thought it was all americans (why call it the patriot cup:D

it was billed as several things. one was north vs south, one was NYC (ok zuglan is in albany, but close enough i guess) vs. florida, another was joss tour vs predator tour. sounds like a cool event regardless.

i think the UPA has made big progess, so i support them.

i think tony crosby is back in england isn't he? seems like he'd be the weak link on that team:D

warren..

Buckster_uk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, Tony Crosby is back in the UK.

He played in the recent event in Doncaster, England, on the Pro UK 9-Ball Tour. I am not sure where he was placed, I believe it was about 5th place. I think his intentions are to stay a while and undergo some intense pool training ahead of the World Championships. Although, Tony could as easily be jetting back off to your side of the Ocean, I am not sure what his intentions are.