Answers to the question " Play some "

T

Toad13

I was just wondering what off the wall answers everyone has heard. They got to be new ones. I have heard all of these.
1. what are you rated?
2. i'm broke
3. what are you going to give me?
4. no but my friend does he will be here in a minute
5. no
6. sure but i don't want to gamble
7. ya I'll play ya a buck a game (that doesn't even cover table time)

I'm not saying that everyone has to gamble I just wanted to see if anyone has any goofy answers.

Thanks for any answers
Toad
oh ya I've used number 2 and 5

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Toad13 said:

1. what are you rated?
3. what are you going to give me?

These two are very widely used here in Az.

What I really enjoy is watching two guys lament over how bad they are playing and how terrible they feel in an attempt to sew up the nuts in a game with each other. They both want to play, but they want the other person to believe they can't make ball so they need the world to make it a fair game.

Mike

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Since I do not gamble anymore, I simply tell the truth, "I do not gamble." What anybody does with that repsonse, or how they take it is none of my business.

stick8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
play some

Blackjack!!! with a name like that how could noy gamble? no lottery tickets, no pool tournys? wow. I get a little kick out of a little wager. back to the question. no I am just practing, mabey later, not on these tables,dont have enough time, he been there all day,meet me here tommorow,etc ect, I have heard them all made up a few myself,HA OLD MAN STICK

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Re: play some

stick8 said:
Blackjack!!! with a name like that how could noy gamble? no lottery tickets, no pool tournys?

As a matter of fact, I enjoy the game more now. Still play tournaments. Not as uncommon as you might think. I can tell you from experience that the gambling community is very small in realtion to the non gambling community in our sport. In an earlier post it was stated that in arizona they have over 9800 league players or something. How many of them are gamblers? Probably not a very large percentage.

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
Gambling has its place in Pool and always will.

Hustlers will always be around in any game of chance.

Gambling is and will always be an alure to the game. Winning money by wagering on your skill against your opponent's skill (or luck) is a very attractive proposition, especially if you think it is a lock.

Its the "goating" and "woofing" that is the negative side of this business. But, this does have a reverse side. Maybe the player that is 'ducking the game' is just playing along to get a bigger spot or larger wager.

All forms of "slurs" come pouring out from the gambler trying to "goat" a player into a game. But, then again, this is another side that is very entertaining to the 'rail birds'.

Then there is the pre-game 'bet'.

HOW MUCH? What's the spot? What game? Odds? Who's holding the money? Rules? Race to ? Freeze out? Where? what table?

You can see all of this and more at next years Derby City Classic... and by the way.. don't plan on sleeping.. its 24x7 for 11 days.

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blackjack said:
Since I do not gamble anymore, I simply tell the truth, "I do not gamble." What anybody does with that repsonse, or how they take it is none of my business.

In my distant past, we gambled for a beer. I do not drink any more, but gambling such that the other person buys the next hour of table time or buys you a hamburger is pretty harmless, imo. I do not gamble anymore either, really did not do it before except for a beer.

While, I do try to not comment to gamblers, I think it can be an addiction, like alcohol.

Some people keep this in check, say decide ahead how much they are going to spend and that is all they take to the poolhall.

Others are much more serious about this and I do not think that pool has a 'monopoly' on this.

Laura

hustlefinger

Silver Member
When I ask this question, overwhelmingly the answer is what I’m hoping for - YES.
But in retrospect, I should have been hoping for - NO.

Rick

Chucklez65

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
hustlefinger said:
When I ask this question, overwhelmingly the answer is what I’m hoping for - YES.
But in retrospect, I should have been hoping for - NO.

Rick

I resemble this remark also, but I didnt necessarily want to admit it..heh

Thanks for the push

Chucklez65