I put it on youtube, here is the link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz0DUgeNJXQ

Rake

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Easy-e:

Thanks. As you seen, it was not pretty to say the least. Again, thanks.

Poolmanis:

Yes, it's a revo. I like it even though i am having a hard time adjusting to it.

The problems that I have with revo is i seem to over run shape, especially softer touch draw shots. It really cost me some grief in the set. I'll get there with some more practice.

Rake

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yesterday I was waiting opponent and phone calls so I decided to play "not so serious" set against Rotation Ghost.
I was not gonna upload it... but it seem to have so many cool shots that I want to share it :)

Lost 3-7.
all 3 wins of mine were runouts.
I took ball in hand only if I had no shot. :cool:

https://youtu.be/n3Mv-HqYTB0

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Won 7 to 4 and got it on Video this time.

Played the standard ghost. Table is 8 x 4 and pockets are 4.5. Simonis 860 that's about due for a recover. Used the magic rack. Cloth is old now and it makes practice easier. Walls are ****ing horrible as the room isn't wide enough for the table, but it is the price I pay to have a table at home and stay in stroke between visits to the poolhall.

Felt like I played well overall. Was breaking well and getting pretty easy layouts, then the room and the break started to **** me. Had to start using the short stick a bit more often. Pulled out some good shots with it though. Happens when you have been using it for 13 years but it is also something you can never get used to.

Had the ghost 4 to 0 before he won one. Then he put 3 on me. I got to 5 then he got to 4. Then I got the last 2 in succession.

One of the racks the ghost won, he got an awesome roll because I didn't pick the magic rack up and the cueball rolled off of what I feel would have been good shape with 4 easy balls left on the table. Still made the shot kicking it in and tried to salvage the rack but I kept leaving myself really thin back cuts and ended up missing the 9.

Background audio is the movie "A Cure for Wellness" starring Dane Dehaan and Jason Isaacs... so spoiler alert if you haven't seen it. Great movie though.

Anywhere... here's the links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAhykyVxEZc Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4DonYPvmlo Part 2

See my disclaimer...

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That room IS a little tight! At least you have a nice set of balls. :D

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A rare 7-0 win. BIH version. Phone was shut off mid match due to storage. Video shows 4 1/2 racks. Quite a bit upset as the complete video would've served as a reminder of success after my recent efforts during practice.

GC3. 4.25" corners, 4.75" sides.

https://youtu.be/qaWjiLJIBgo

I don't know that I've ever won a set 7-0 against the ghost but the other day I was down
3-0 and ran 7 in a row to win 7-3 I kept playing and ran 2 more before I missed in the
10th rack. My phone shut of just after I made the 1 ball in the 9th rack. I have
the 8 racks in a row on video but when I uploaded it to YouTube it played upside
down. Have another set where I won 7-4 after missing straight in 8 could've won
7-3. That's the only sets I've recorded in a while. You don't have to add these scores
as I'm going to do one sometime and upload it All sets played on 9ft Diamond
Pro Am. Pro cut pockets

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10 Ball Ghost

Here is a 10-ball ghost race:

Race to 7
No Slop
BIH after break
all balls spotted if scratch on break

3/3/2018
Score: 7-2 Win
Table 9' Diamond Pro-Am
4.5" pro cut pockets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRyxP0IxoPA

Got out of line a few times but overcame most of it. The two losses I had was due mostly to raising up on shot.

BTW, I just bought a new recorder so I am just learning how to operate it. A friend that knows a lot about cameras (and pool) will be giving me some help with the recording angles of camera and picture quality etc....

Rake

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've noticed lately that the cue ball is jumping up more and more on 9 and 10 ball break.

There is a crater in spot. If I move the rack in front of or behind the crater in spot the cue ball hop is nowhere near as bad.

The crater is seems pretty deep to me. Would your best guess be felt or slate issue?

Realkingcobra told me there is no way it could be the slate. He knows waaayyy more about diamond tables than I do but it still bothers me. Especially when breaking 10 ball.

Any of you guys experience same?

Jeff

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I've noticed lately that the cue ball is jumping up more and more on 9 and 10 ball break.

There is a crater in spot. If I move the rack in front of or behind the crater in spot the cue ball hop is nowhere near as bad.

The crater is seems pretty deep to me. Would your best guess be felt or slate issue?

Realkingcobra told me there is no way it could be the slate. He knows waaayyy more about diamond tables than I do but it still bothers me. Especially when breaking 10 ball.

Any of you guys experience same?

Jeff

It's definitely the cloth. It dents and keeps the dent... like tapping the all on the break.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do most all of the az members beat the ghost with ease or does the ghost torture them? The reason I'm asking is because there is very little traffic in this thread.

I had never heard the phrase "race the ghost" before joining this site. Do most consider it to be a good practice or gauge tool or a waste of Time?

Myself, well, I consider the time I spent with the ghost to be extremely helpful to not just gauge my progress but to also make progress.

I'm just curious,

Rake

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can only speak for myself but it’s not super easy for me. I lose a lot of sets. :p
I didn’t play the ghost much until these threads were started, but I do think it’s a good exercise for offensive, runout practice. I don’t feel like it’s very realistic though, since you end up opting for a lot of low percentage options that you normally might not go for just for the sake of getting out.

Beyond that, it gives me something to do and try to improve on since I don’t get out of the house and compete much anymore. I have fun with it and I enjoy watching everyone else’s sets too. It would be nice if more AZers would participate, but it is what it is.

I understand. Same here for the biggest part. I guess some are just less interested with pool than others.

I'll be putting another vid up soon.

Rake

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a 10-ball ghost race:

Race to 7
No Slop
BIH after break
all balls spotted if scratch on break

3/3/2018
Score: 7-2 Win
Table 9' Diamond Pro-Am
4.5" pro cut pockets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRyxP0IxoPA

Got out of line a few times but overcame most of it. The two losses I had was due mostly to raising up on shot.

BTW, I just bought a new recorder so I am just learning how to operate it. A friend that knows a lot about cameras (and pool) will be giving me some help with the recording angles of camera and picture quality etc....

Rake

updated.
Nice match!
You took over my score.. :p

I have been busy and playing only tournaments. Won some and most of I placed high. 8-ball Finnish Champs i lost two matches without missing a ball. One was 0-7 vs. Petri Makkonen(Runner up in 8-ball series grande final).
Alternative break. He ran out all of his breaks and I did break dry 3 times with nice break. Duh happens.
Petri came 2nd in the end and second match opponent whom I lost end up winning tournament. I was tied 17th. from 108 players.
I also had food poisoning and it flamed my Rheumatism. So My back been really bad and had to quit practice for some time.
Now I start to feel okay again and hoping to get proper practice soon.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
updated.
Nice match!
You took over my score.. :p

I have been busy and playing only tournaments. Won some and most of I placed high. 8-ball Finnish Champs i lost two matches without missing a ball. One was 0-7 vs. Petri Makkonen(Runner up in 8-ball series grande final).
Alternative break. He ran out all of his breaks and I did break dry 3 times with nice break. Duh happens.
Petri came 2nd in the end and second match opponent whom I lost end up winning tournament. I was tied 17th. from 108 players.
I also had food poisoning and it flamed my Rheumatism. So My back been really bad and had to quit practice for some time.
Now I start to feel okay again and hoping to get proper practice soon.

Thanks, I have not played much 10 ball. As a matter of fact, I played 10 ball for the first time just last year. I learned very quick that it is much different from 9 ball.

I knew you was busy with something cause I had not saw a post from in a bit. I too, like a lot of folks on here, have health issues that slow me down and sometimes, stops me in my tracks for a few days.

As always I really enjoy this thread. I wished more az...members would participate in the ghost challenge.

Like I ask in a post above, why do most all not participate with the challenge? I understand that the ghost does little to help safeties but at the same time, I don't care how good a player is at safes if he can't run balls.....he/she will lose.

This thread should be more popular than it is. I'm sure there are some good players that would help others if they showed their patterns...breaks.....etc.

Rake