The Lion Alex Pagulayan vs T-Rex Tony Chohan HUGE Action Match Nov. 15-18th

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would love to see Shane and Dennis play a $5-10,000 set of ten ball out of their own pocket. That’s far more impressive than getting backed. I think Shane robs him easily playing 10 ahead for any amount out of your own pocket. Bergman as well robs Dennis betting his own. Not impressed with top players playing with others money. No pressure just a free roll. I’d rather see $1000 sets nonstop than these huge sets with a community fronting the money.

Dennis has bet his own more times than you can imagine, sometimes for thousands per game! He is on Shane's short list of guys to avoid and as for Justin B. that's another match that will never happen for obvious reasons.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are Bergman and Shane close friends?
Justin and SVB match is in the works now and might happen soon :eek:

Justin made post not long ago asking for action.

Justin said he would play SVB or anybody else.

Shane was one of the only players that responded and said he would play.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to see Shane and Dennis play a $5-10,000 set of ten ball out of their own pocket. That’s far more impressive than getting backed. I think Shane robs him easily playing 10 ahead for any amount out of your own pocket. Bergman as well robs Dennis betting his own. Not impressed with top players playing with others money. No pressure just a free roll. I’d rather see $1000 sets nonstop than these huge sets with a community fronting the money.
Robs him?????????
That's a very strong term, my friend.
I'd say SVB is about a 10% favorite....but ROBBING Dennis is not a wise thing to be thinking.
And there's plenty of pressure. No player wants to lose his backer(s) because he dogged it.

Mole Eye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay, I would like your opinion. I can understand why the Taiwanese are so good, as they have a national team and training routine. Why are the Philipinos so outstanding? Is it just the conditions they play, or do they have a practice regiment that gives them an edge? Sorry if this is hijacking the thread.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay, I would like your opinion. I can understand why the Taiwanese are so good, as they have a national team and training routine. Why are the Philipinos so outstanding? Is it just the conditions they play, or do they have a practice regiment that gives them an edge? Sorry if this is hijacking the thread.

You cant say it is one thing.

Exposure to greatness, ego, need, desires to have some things and to avoid others, etc...

And those are just internal elements.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like I said....

I look at many of the Pinoys as being pool hustlers, not like in the movies, but more refined.

So who is the best One Pocket player, Alex or Dennis. I doubt we will ever know. One thing I do know is the Pinoys are clannish, they are loyal to each other, it is the world of pool against them!

Why are the Pinoys so good. It is not like they have and opportunity for a bunch of high paying jobs in the PI and they are not going to make it in the NBA or NFL and only a few hit the big time in boxing, but I believe they have proven to be ferocious fighters when pissed off!

So for some pool is and opportunity to make money and they are hungry. Pro boxing in the U.S. is dominated by "minorities" who are hungry, they see a chance at fame and fortune and go for it.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I look at many of the Pinoys as being pool hustlers, not like in the movies, but more refined.

So who is the best One Pocket player, Alex or Dennis. I doubt we will ever know. One thing I do know is the Pinoys are clannish, they are loyal to each other, it is the world of pool against them!

Why are the Pinoys so good. It is not like they have and opportunity for a bunch of high paying jobs in the PI and they are not going to make it in the NBA or NFL and only a few hit the big time in boxing, but I believe hey have proven to be ferocious fighters when pissed off!

So for some pool is and opportunity to make money and they are hungry. Pro boxing in the U.S. is dominated by "minorities" who are hungry, they see a chance at fame and fortune and go for it.

This is closer to the truth. Pool is a way to escape the crushing poverty that so many suffer in the Philippines. Although a few of the top players (Parica and Lee Vann to name two) come from better homes, the great majority of the top Pinoy players started out dirt poor. The story of Efren is a well known one in the Philippines, a poor kid who became rich and famous because of his ability to play pool well.

In the poolrooms over there if you lose you may literally be sleeping on the street, or at least in a corner of the poolroom. One thing they learn from an early age is to help each other out when one of them makes a score, even a small one. A player who forgets this will soon be ostracized by his countrymen.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reserve your VIP package now! $120 Limited to 56. Call 254-379-2569

Package includes
A. Preferred seating
B. Autographed High Quality Event poster
C. Personal Photograph with the players

43371789_341822613057419_3533161516415057920_n.jpg

43296414_403711643497935_6855901388019335168_n.jpg

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you like One Pocket this is as good as it gets, you don't want to miss this one guys.

Get your bets down.

Huge money on the line and Double J Jeremy Jones doing expert commentary breaking down the shots and strategies.

8X4hj5LSjqedE5lw14b4iA_r.jpg

website-logo.png

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so your prediction is Alex winning each day's race to 10 ?

Or Tony ?

Alex winning every day....yep. That's what I think.

Tony's (and Scott Frost) style of one-pocket "wows" the crowd, but in a long race, the more traditional style of Alex will prevail. While not as strong as Efren (in his prime), Alex has better cue ball control and a winning technique.

But on the other hand, if Tony's gambles start to pay off, it might be a different story.

Ken

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex winning every day....yep. That's what I think.

Tony's (and Scott Frost) style of one-pocket "wows" the crowd, but in a long race, the more traditional style of Alex will prevail. While not as strong as Efren (in his prime), Alex has better cue ball control and a winning technique.

But on the other hand, if Tony's gambles start to pay off, it might be a different story.

Ken
I think this format favors Tony's aggressive style where he can come out with his fast and loose play and not worry about getting behind big early.

Since it's a new race each day everyday will be exciting to watch.Great format for sidebets and sweaters imo

I think we are all in for one hell of a match to sweat going 4 or 5 days imo.

buffs 12.jpg
buffs 13.jpg

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After what Alex did to Justin on his home court, I'd have a hard time betting against him. It seems like every time he matches up with a top player he finds a way to get the cash. Alex, Dennis and Francisco are all winners in my book.

The only guy Alex doesn't want to play is Dennis, interestingly enough. It's pretty much a case of mutual respect, but if the money was right Dennis would be there like a bear. Trust me, they have played in the Philippines (Ten Ball and Rotation) and Alex didn't like it. Dennis is still the money game King of the Philippines! None of these three really bar anybody, except each other. They will play cheap sets though (a few hundred dollars) just to stay in stroke.

That said, no one wants to go to Taiwan and match up and I mean NO ONE! Not even the Filipinos. As Dennis said, "There are too many good players over there!" Taiwan is a lot closer than the USA, but you won't see the Filipinos flying that way for action! They like the easy pickings over here by comparison.

Anyway I'll take Big T , I'ma stick with American player on this one sir ! What do you wanna bet ? And I'm gonna be there if you wanna come play me some to try and get your cash back !lol