USA vs. England, MC warmup

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
The US team is not a team of C players.

But the average fargo rate for the Euros is 801. For the US is 775. Certainly not a large enough gap to consider the US a C team compared to an A team.

The A/B/C "ratings" were an analogy to illustrate that they were each on different tiers, with each team being noticeably better (or worse) than the next team by an amount significant enough to mean something and matter and have very real implications.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
The England roster is in the first post of the thread. It's close, but I wouldn't bet on the US in this match.

SVB.......820
..............794....Mark Gray
..............790....Appleton
Sky........785
..............783....Melling
..............781....Boyes
Corey.....780
..............777....Majid
Billy........763
Styer......730

Thanks, I had missed that. This is actually reasonably close and the US has a pretty decent chance although England is still favored. With the Mosconi Cup being essentially a month away it is a much closer call as to whether they have more to gain or lose by playing this one and I am more ambivalent about it. I was under the impression that the Mosconi Cup was only a couple of weeks away based on something I had read on here (just looked it up and see it is about a month away) and that the England team would be a little more favored than they are which would have made the right decision a lot more clear cut in that case with there being more to lose than to gain IMO.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Alright okPP, friendly wager then. I'll take Corey "the underdog" for $50 in each of his singles matches against the UK.
Lemme know.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Alright okPP, friendly wager then. I'll take Corey "the underdog" for $50 in each of his singles matches against the UK.
Lemme know.

If you are talking to me, you may want to go back and read again because I sure don't recall saying Corey was the underdog to all of Team England. He is pretty close to even with most of Team England, certainly within what I consider to be the margin for error on all but one, and barely outside on that one.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
My apologies, and for getting your handle wrong too.
I was just looking for a sweat bet because Corey has been playing really well this year.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This event starts about 8 hours from now. Free viewing on the Mosconi Cup Facebook page.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This event starts about 8 hours from now. Free viewing on the Mosconi Cup Facebook page.

Me too. Thanks for the notification. I would have missed it.

I don't even know who's playing. I guess it's Corey versus somebody on Team Europe.