Who is the most underrated cue maker on your opinion?

Schwinn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis Searing. Yes, Mr. Searing. I was fortunate enough to have spent

a few hours with him last week.

After seeing his work, it convinced there can't be a better maker

EVER.

if you don't make cues, you probably will never understand the level

of his work.

I can go on and on, but I might offend makers in the hall of fame.

Joey, give me a break,with all due respect. All the guys mentioned in this thread could be in the running for most underrated cue makers BUT searing. He is the antithesis of underrated. I've been on AZB for 9 years. No single cue makers gets more accolades than Searing.. His wait list... Price for a plain jane... Lol. I'm not saying he isn't good. He could be the best in the world. But underrated is laughable.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would say Ling Chou Lucasi.
At 16 years old and the senior cue maker for Lucasi Custom cues he is very under rated.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Joey, give me a break,with all due respect. All the guys mentioned in this thread could be in the running for most underrated cue makers BUT searing. He is the antithesis of underrated. I've been on AZB for 9 years. No single cue makers gets more accolades than Searing.. His wait list... Price for a plain jane... Lol. I'm not saying he isn't good. He could be the best in the world. But underrated is laughable.

I think you're underrating him. ;)

And what I mean is, as good as Dennis Searing is, he's even better. But, yeah, you're right. Dennis doesn't belong on these lists, but I still agree withe the message Joey is saying.

Freddie

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Bob Frey, it amazes me after all these years, I'm speaking from a playability aspect

Why am I the Colonel? Because I always get the chicken

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you're underrating him. ;)

And what I mean is, as good as Dennis Searing is, he's even better. But, yeah, you're right. Dennis doesn't belong on these lists, but I still agree withe the message Joey is saying.

Freddie

^^^^THIS^^^^

I was going to post these same words (like a tribute :p).

In the same sense as Joey's post, I think Dave Barenbrugge is under rated. His work is as good as anyone's and I would consider him in the Top 5 of all cuemakers.

pwmike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
under rated cuemaker

Ernie Martinez has been making cues since the 1970`s.He great guy and cue maker.

KCRack'em

I'm not argumentative!!!!
Silver Member
Plus one for Cory Barnhart.

His merry widows should cost about 50 percent more than they do. And I have a 4-pointer that blends old school with modern as well as anything I've seen.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Jerry Rauenzahn and Cory Barnhart

Ditto on -R-. I reserved my opinion reference playability until I tried it. Now I'm convinced. My latest aquisition is the best hitting cue I've ever tried...and I've tried a LOT. Many will say he's not under rated, but he is in my book...he's top tier and deserves to be there. He should charge more than he does.

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
Our very own Cueman

Chris Hightower at Hightower cues. Chris can make some of the most creative cues ,then turn around and make one of the best looking traditional 4 point cues I have ever seen. Both will play like a dream. I know Chris has been in business for years and distributes parts and builds lathes for cue makers and cue work ,I just have never understood why his cues are not going for 3 x's what they sell for. I sold a purple heart cue he made that I wish I had back .

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
^^^^THIS^^^^

I was going to post these same words (like a tribute :p).

In the same sense as Joey's post, I think Dave Barenbrugge is under rated. His work is as good as anyone's and I would consider him in the Top 5 of all cuemakers.

Mike Webb is vastly underrated too.
Mike makes great cues .
And he's very anal about everything on his cues.

JonTravisTaylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Durbin, Travis/Blackcreek, David Treadway.

David Treadway is so underrated he goes by Josh! LOL!

Jim Pierce is my pick for the most bang for your buck! You wont find a better player for under 500.00

Josh is making me a Szamboti tribute that is going to be spectacular!

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
The same as the other guy. My Barry L. Moore has stopped my never ending challenge to find the "right" cue for me. That cue hits so damn nice.

It's on the right blue-green.

Play Well!

Billiard Bill's
Buying-Selling-Trading
Text/call Bill 239.823.0408 (8am-7pm EST please)
billiardbills@gmail.com
Southwest Florida

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1401244003.231024.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1401244003.231024.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 572

dawgcpa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue Maker

I like Steve Klapps cues. I've owned quite a few from different makers in the last year and the Klapp cue I have plays the best.

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
Steve Klein, Treadway, durbin, john Williams, bobby hunter,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Avs Cues Shop

I'm sure there has already been a thread about this, but I was just wanting to hear about some of the less talked about cue makers that deserve some credit. Because I have a few of the big name players and I swear my "unheard of" cue out plays them all.

Andy VanderVoord of Michigan, outstanding artist, stand-up guy and
he does some of the most amazing full-splice butterflies!

Attachments

• Checker Andy.jpg
    Checker Andy.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 475
  • Andys cue.jpg
    Andys cue.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 465