My Home Room- Dot's Cue Club in Rocky Mount, NC

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM,

Dot's is actually in Rocky Mount, North Carolina and the topography is pretty flat in that locale. While not an action spot like it used to be, you can still get games from free right on up into the low four figures, depending on who happens to be there when you show up. Everything in there has been freshened up during the shutdown, come on out if you get bored.

Keith

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM,

Dot's is actually in Rocky Mount, North Carolina and the topography is pretty flat in that locale. While not an action spot like it used to be, you can still get games from free right on up into the low four figures, depending on who happens to be there when you show up. Everything in there has been freshened up during the shutdown, come on out if you get bored.

Keith

Thanks for letting me know. I think the pool room I was remembering might have been in Boone. I do remember the climb up that mountain. I did not know if my car would make it. :p

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That would be nice, but I don't think the Governor is considering any more phases until June 26th. I hope they go rouge and defy this current nonsense of our Governor playing favorites and picking and choosing which venues can be open.

That would be a foolish course of action, to disregard the gov's order.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The owners my home room have been busy during the shutdown. Patching and painting throughout, new carpet throughout, all of the tables serviced and recovered. I'm looking forward to getting back in there.

I'd like to throw out a big Thank You to management and the owners.

Keith
I think multiple rooms that could afford to and knew they would be reopening, did the same. I know that we did. When you are open six or seven days a week year round, it is very hard to get major projects done such as refinishing floors, etc. I’m not going as far to say it was a blessing in disguise, but we definitely took advantage of the time we were shut down for a number of projects that we couldn’t do unless closing down for a period of time.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well technically they can call it a protest, then our Governor will be all for it.
To my knowledge, I did not remember the NC governor addressing pool rooms when he referred to Specific types of businesses not being allowed to open until phase 3. We are a restaurant/grill that also has pool tables. We are not a bar as we do not have alcohol. Unless addressed specifically, if we can have 50% capacity for our dine-in customers it’s hard to figure why we couldn’t have 50% capacity on our pool tables.

Last edited:

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To my knowledge, I did not remember the NC governor addressing pool rooms when he referred to Specific types of businesses not being allowed to open until phase 3. We are a restaurant/grill that also has pool tables. We are not a bar as we do not have alcohol. Unless addressed specifically, if we can have 50% capacity for our dine-in customers it’s hard to figure why we couldn’t have 50% capacity on our pool tables.

We have a local place like that around here, they do serve alcohol though but are mainly a restaurant. They are able to open the bar and serve food but they must keep the pool tables closed. They tried opening them for the first night when phase two went into affect but someone called and complained and they came and shut them down (not sure exactly who).

That is what makes no sense, that a place like that can be open with a full bar, but other bars with very similar building designs can't open at all, not even outdoor seating. Our local water park is able to open, imagine that and bunch of kids gathering with their parents in tow...... Its not about safety anymore (at least here in NC), its about power.

As far as I know, pool tables are considered entertainment venues, lumped in with bowling alleys and etc and need special permission to open, as I am not even sure if they are included in the elusive phase 3.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think multiple rooms that could afford to and knew they would be reopening, did the same. I know that we did. When you are open six or seven days a week year round, it is very hard to get major projects done such as refinishing floors, etc. I’m not going as far to say it was a blessing in disguise, but we definitely took advantage of the time we were shut down for a number of projects that we couldn’t do unless closing down for a period of time.

Nice. I heard it said that 'if you dont emerge from the shutdown better than you entered it, thats on you'.