Barack Obama greatest presidential pool player...

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought this was pretty cool and were there any presidents that shoot pool or shoot as well as Obama.

obama.jpg

JP-COMPETE-1-popup.jpg

He went and played again.
article-2684393-6QvdN8QqUHSK2-546_634x440.jpg

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It appears that he knows how to use a cue. I thought for a while that there was a brunswick in the White House. If that we the case and I were president, all the world leaders would be hearing pool balls go into pockets during conference calls. lol

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It appears that he knows how to use a cue. I thought for a while that there was a brunswick in the White House. If that we the case and I were president, all the world leaders would be hearing pool balls go into pockets during conference calls. lol

could be a *solid* way to build international relations :groucho:

Last edited:

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member

Pocket drops, have you ever considered changing the material inside a pocket to make the noise louder. I enjoy hearing a pocket drop. Is there anyway to make it louder, instead of rubber or plastic cups something with better acoustic properties.
ams."

I really want to hear any contact the ball makes if it touches the angle rails near the pocket.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some people like the click sound with leather pockets.

I personally like the rolling sound from the Diamond tables.

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to play Barry.....
Take HIS money (well, at least try...)

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The earliest Diamond ball return tables have a pocket-drop report so loud, it is almost reminiscent of the rewarding sound pinball machines make when you win a free game.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member

They have GC's in Wynkoop.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t know about that - his attempt at a closed bridge on the top photo looks very loose / flimsy to me, as does his attempt at a closed rail bridge in the bottom photo. The best looking of the three bridges was with his behind the back bridge with his right hand in the middle photo, which I’m assuming is not his normal bridge hand.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One artist out there thinks a lot of our Presidents could handle a cue.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• andy-thomas-callin-the-red-democratic-presidents-playing-pool-27.gif.jpeg
    andy-thomas-callin-the-red-democratic-presidents-playing-pool-27.gif.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,280
  • thomascallintheblue8.jpg
    thomascallintheblue8.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,259

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Love a Gold Crown.
Has to have drop pockets.
Nothing like the sound of the thwack when hitting center pocket on a GC.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t know about that - his attempt at a closed bridge on the top photo looks very flimsy to me – I would say a novice.

His bridge is ok but his eyes give it away that he is novice to beginner.

He does play basketball so he's a coordinated person and that's why he doesn't look bad holding a stick but the eyes.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
...........harder game

Attachments

• ca872876c0ffc33b7c2932e48a2bbbd7.jpg
    ca872876c0ffc33b7c2932e48a2bbbd7.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,228

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Very funny! Reminds me of when I was working prior to retirement and had my home billiard room- used to put all my boring group conference calls on mute while I played in my finished basement room!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of Gail's and I's favoritest movies is "The American President" starring Michael Douglas. It's a great, romantic American movie; he gives an incredible speech at the end; and there are numerous wonderful, memorable moments thought out the film.

But anywhos, Douglas and Martin Sheen hit a few in the White House pool room and its a good moment in the film. I believe El Presidente is playing with a Ginacue.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    8.8 KB · Views: 735
Last edited: