SVB's world titles

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can someone list Shane's world titles please.
Thanks

SVB has these three titles containing the word "World".
2008 World Cup of Pool (With Rodney "the Rocket" Morris)
2014 World Pool Masters
2015 World Pool Masters

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
He also won the World Predator 10-ball event.

He’s the best player in the world. Good enough for me.

Freddie

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
His best finish in a World 9-Ball or World Ten Ball with a full field of players is second, although winning all those U.S. Opens is the equivalent imo.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Still has to get a legitimate world title under his belt. He won a scotch doubles tournament and two 16 player invitationals...whooptie doo 🎉🎉🎉

Oh yeah, I'm sure he hangs his head in shame every time he enters a pool room or a tournament arena...:rolleyes:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
World Pool Masters is singles.

KMRUNOUT

Yes, it's also an invitational with a field of sixteen and a single elimination format. Four wins gets you the title. Not exactly a world championship.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His Facebook page says “5x US Open Champion, 2x World Master’s Champion, 2x All-Around World Champion.”

18198607_1219513511480176_2683288771947181193_n.jpg

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Still has to get a legitimate world title under his belt. He won a scotch doubles tournament and two 16 player invitationals...whooptie doo 🎉🎉🎉

Agreed. Has some great titles and he's a legend of the game, but he hasn't prevailed over the game's most difficult internationally balanced fields and it's a significant hole in his career resume.

Anyone who thinks that the US Open fields of the last twenty years are, on average, as tough as the World Championships fields is just plain uninformed.

If you look as the game's biggest ever paydays, Efren won the All Japan Championships when the first prize was about $180,000 and he won two of the huge purse IPT events including the one that carried a first prize of $500,000. And yes, Efren has won a World 9-ball championship. In the very biggest spots, SVB's record pales compared to Efren's.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
This entire debate is moot. SVB is an all-time great. His lack of a world title, for me, disqualifies him from consideration as the all-time best, but he's obviously one of the best ever, and is certainly one of our sport's immortals.

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
At least someone recognized the trolling. :eek:uttahere:

I haven't watched much US pool for years and I don't follow his career, but I did watch the last few matches of the Turning Stone event and during the intros they kept referring to him as multiple world champion so I searched and found little on this but given the state of "organized" pool I thought maybe I was missing something.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, it's also an invitational with a field of sixteen and a single elimination format. Four wins gets you the title. Not exactly a world championship.

I wasn't claiming it is a world
Championship. Only that it's a singles event. In my opinion the World Championship is the most prestigious title there is. Second is probably the US Open. For sure there is no comparison in prestige between those two and the world pool masters. I would really like to see Shane win the WPC. He's really all the US has at this point to win it.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Still has to get a legitimate world title under his belt. He won a scotch doubles tournament and two 16 player invitationals...whooptie doo ������

The 2007 Predator World 10-Ball Championship was neither scotch doubles nor just 16 players (it was 96). While it wasn't an official WPA world championship event, it had quite a good field. The 24 in the money are shown here: http://www.azbilliards.com/tours_an...ator-world-10-ball-championship-2007/results/

[Note that it was about 5 months prior to Shane's 1st US Open 9-Ball win.]

efirkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When will they start holding a world championship tournament in the US again? When I look at say Earl's world championships they were in the US against tour regulars that he was already beating on.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member