Kamui Chalk on the cloth

xopher

Registered
How do you feel as a room owner about players using kamui chalk? Does it leave any sort of residue on the cloth? Not sure if we want to allow it. Afraid it may leave some sort of waxy build up. Has anyone noticed?

Thanks

super195v

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've used it on my home table on and off. Never noticed any difficulty with cleaning the table. I have had Simonis 760 on the table before and now 860 HR and its still no problem. Hope this helps, not a room owner but same idea.

afftonbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
chalk residue

I had a customer that came in once a week and played for about 2 hours. He would chalk up after every shot using Kamui. After about 6 of those sessions, I noticed a residue build up on the table. It left a gray, dingy oily-looking coating that has not come out with 3 different cleanings with Woolite. Of course, this type of chalk use is not recommended by the manufacturer. I think it does leave a reside that is not easily dealt with. However, I never mentioned it to the player because it could not be proven and he stopped coming in - I guess he didn't like the look of the cloth. :grin:

Big Al

Last edited:

Kamuitipsdotcom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all that are concerned,
When we finished development of the Kamui chalk we understood that there would be surface smears, so we made sure that there is a cleaner that works. https://www.seyberts.com/products/Simonis_Cloth_X_1_Pool_Table_Cloth_Cleaner-100773-92.html

The Kamui chalk does not get under the cloth... ;-) so where do you want the chalk to go? I'd rather it be on the surface to clean off than under the cloth messing with the play of the table and ruining the cloth from the underside.

I hope this helped.

I had a customer that came in once a week and played for about 2 hours. He would chalk up after every shot using Kamui. After about 6 of those sessions, I noticed a residue build up on the table. It left a gray, dingy oily-looking coating that has not come out with 3 different cleanings with Woolite. Of course, this type of chalk use is not recommended by the manufacturer. I think it does leave a reside that is not easily dealt with. However, I never mentioned it to the player because it could not be proven and he stopped coming in - I guess he didn't like the look of the cloth. :grin:

Big Al

izquik72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So a $25 cube of chalk needs a special cleaner that cost another $90?

Interesting

afftonbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
chalk "oil" residue

Our tables are cleaned at least once a day with a machine that vacuums and brushes and has a static-attraction element. I feel confident the Kamui solid dust is successfully removed. The main concern is what appears to be an oily coating on the cloth. Are you saying the "X" cleaner is something other than a microfiber cloth in a frame? Can this device remove an oily substance? Maybe I should backup and ask a couple of questions, especially being able to communicate with the Kamui rep.
1. Does Kamui chalk have oil or oil-like substances in it? (Master chalk is used as our house product with no oily residue problems on the tables). Is this what keeps the dust on top of the cloth and not settling into the cloth?
2. Do you consider chalking after every shot with Kamui excessive or incorrect use?
3. Would it be proper to ask a customer not to "Kamui" so often?
4. Have room operators or individual users mentioned this concern?
Thank you for answering this forum - your concern is much appreciated.

Big Al

str8shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use Kamui .98 on my Wine colored simonis and have almost no chalk marks.2 minutes of my time with a regular old brush and its all gone.If I use blue masters my table has multiple streaks all over it.

Its a great product if used properly,no need to chalk up every shot.I do notice marks on the cue ball but a polishing after a few hundred balls and as good as new.

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
Kamui

I have Simonis 860hr on my Diamonds and personally use Kamui chalk on them every day, and on every shot. I've never had a problem whatsoever simply vacuuming it off..