DCC 2010 AZ/1P members room info

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
Well, I sent you the money but when I checked in the AZ Room, there was no card with my name on it. I tried back a few more times, but nada. Oh, well, I guess the money went to a good cause.

i paid $26 to watch two guys,
one that is an az member and one that is NOT,
play sets , hogging the tabel for almost two hours :rolleyes:
after a few "hints" , i finally did get to play a few games
if there were people waiting to play, i would have played ONE game

then yesterday, the room was being used for practice by the wheelchair players

Last edited:

chelseagrinder

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Az room tough to manage

Overall the room was fine but I did spend money to play in TAR while two punks took over our room for a cash match. Well my practice did help as I came in the cash and defeated Rodney Morris along the way in 9ball;)
See you next year.

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
Overall the room was fine but I did spend money to play in TAR while two punks took over our room for a cash match. Well my practice did help as I came in the cash and defeated Rodney Morris along the way in 9ball;)
See you next year.

What? I thought Nevel was going down!?!?! ;) Since you mentioned Morris, and not Nevel, I'm guessing that one didn't go your way. Nice meeting you and good playing! :thumbup:

chelseagrinder

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No break

I won the lag against Nevel and broke four times in all and while I was making a ball on the break, I could not get a shot on the one and lackluster push outs and safety play hurt me against a monster breaker and excellent shooter. I clearly needed to run some racks out to win but did not.
But I will be back next year .

UrackmIcrackm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did any of you say anything to Steve Lomako about your missing badge or non members playing?

As paid members you have a right and responsibility to help make sure the rules are followed. If someone doesn't belong, tell them it is a private room and they need to leave. If they give you a hard time get security.

When the idea for the room first came about, I recall Williebetmore constantly reiterating the importance of the rules being followed or the members would lose the room.

If you're not comfortable saying something to the people that don't belong there then find Steve Lomako. Voicing the issues on here after the fact doesn't accomplish anything. You guys are responsible for respecting the equipment. What if the non members had damaged the equipment or had stolen the balls?

If you want to be a part of something like the private room then you have to take ownership of it and protect it and the rules as if it is yours. Since you paid for it, it is "yours".

chelseagrinder

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speaking up

I did let Steve know my badge was missing and he replaced it immediately Tuesday night.

on Wednesday around 9am when I arrived to find the money game on one table and 6-8 spectators sitting on the other table watching, Steve was there so I did not speak up. These were the dudes involved in the tasing incident early in the week that was mentioned on TAR, so I was was not about to engage these folks in a conversation. I know the gambling stuff is exciting to some, but some of these guys give pool and life itself a bad name.

The member who eventually did speak up, happens to be in or was in law enforcement and took care of it. Not worth $25 to get involved with these dudes.

Anyway, a great benefit and I look forward to supporting next year.

UrackmIcrackm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did let Steve know my badge was missing and he replaced it immediately Tuesday night.

on Wednesday around 9am when I arrived to find the money game on one table and 6-8 spectators sitting on the other table watching, Steve was there so I did not speak up. These were the dudes involved in the tasing incident early in the week that was mentioned on TAR, so I was was not about to engage these folks in a conversation. I know the gambling stuff is exciting to some, but some of these guys give pool and life itself a bad name.

The member who eventually did speak up, happens to be in or was in law enforcement and took care of it. Not worth $25 to get involved with these dudes.

Anyway, a great benefit and I look forward to supporting next year.

If you're talking about Scooter sneaking up and tasering Tedder, that was Scooter joking around with a good friend, not anything done out of malice. I wouldn't peg scooter as being dangerous, LOL.

If Steve was in the room and was allowing non members to use the tables for matching up, that is an unfortunate situation. I certainly wouldn't be happy about it if I had paid.

"T"

Son of Da Poet
Silver Member
Did any of you say anything to Steve Lomako about your missing badge or non members playing?

As paid members you have a right and responsibility to help make sure the rules are followed. If someone doesn't belong, tell them it is a private room and they need to leave. If they give you a hard time get security.

When the idea for the room first came about, I recall Williebetmore constantly reiterating the importance of the rules being followed or the members would lose the room.

If you're not comfortable saying something to the people that don't belong there then find Steve Lomako. Voicing the issues on here after the fact doesn't accomplish anything. You guys are responsible for respecting the equipment. What if the non members had damaged the equipment or had stolen the balls?

If you want to be a part of something like the private room then you have to take ownership of it and protect it and the rules as if it is yours. Since you paid for it, it is "yours".

Believe me, I did more than my share of room gooning and it's not as easy to do as you think. It is no fun at all.

The intentions were very good, but free tables in an exposed location right next to the Action Room just made it impossible territory to defend. I'm not sure what other location options are available, but I confronted at least a dozen people in the few days I was there. (4 of which returned later anyways) I finally got tired of intervening and bought tokens to play somewhere else.

Unfortunately, I think the best solution might be to simply put the tables on time like the rest of them.

Having said this, the real AZ'ers I met in the room were all absolutely great! I hope to see them again next year.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Believe me, I did more than my share of room gooning and it's not as easy to do as you think. It is no fun at all.

The intentions were very good, but free tables in an exposed location right next to the Action Room just made it impossible territory to defend. I'm not sure what other location options are available, but I confronted at least a dozen people in the few days I was there. (4 of which returned later anyways) I finally got tired of intervening and bought tokens to play somewhere else.

Unfortunately, I think the best solution might be to simply put the tables on time like the rest of them.

Having said this, the real AZ'ers I met in the room were all absolutely great! I hope to see them again next year.

You did more than your share of gooning, T.

J Helfert was in the room when two guys were gambling and he asked if they were AZBers and they said yes. I knew the third guy in the two gambler's party and knew he was an AZBer. After listening to one of them tell another "real" AZBer that he could get up and play for $200 just like they were playing for, I couldn't hold my tongue any longer and said, "If the two of you were AZBers you wouldn't be talking like that because you would have known that AZBers don't act like that. I asked them what their screen names were and they kind of mumbled and I knew they weren't AZBers either.

After the rest of the AZBers realized they were imposters, they all chimed in, including Jay (AND THAT'S WHAT'S NECESSARY) and the two reluctantly left but not without some lost bravado and lost indignation. People can be strange at times.

I always ask people in the room who they are and try to weed out those who are intruders, explaining fairly what the room is all about.

I had a "new friend" who asked if he could play in the room since no one was there except he and I and I said, "I can't give you permission to do that because as soon as I do, another PAYING AZBer might show up and they won't want to wait to see you finish your game." Of course he wanted to pay right then and there but I just took the opportunity to tell him to join AZ Billiards next year but realize that he will not be allowed to play long gambling matches and that there are rules of conduct for the room.

The tables are free and it attracts those who don't want to pay.

If the tables were paying tables some of those same people would still be playing on them so I don't see making the tables paying tables as a good idea unless they only take AZB tokens. And next year, if the tables only takes AZB tokens, I want my face on all of them. :p

JoeyA