Feedback Please...

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Since you want honesty, regardless of the brutality, let me say that from where I sit, your shirts are even more cheesy than any I've seen from any other brands in quite some time. Good Lord man, an eight and nine ball outlining a woman's breasts. It doesn't come any cheesier than that.
I know that some people consider pool players to be a bunch of beer swilling low-lifes, but I for one don't, and if I did I certainly wouldn't be wearing one of those shirt's proclaiming the fact.
Now this is twice today that I've had to chastise someone, and I don't like it. I'd much rather be spending my time making wise cracks.

RShellhouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can tell by the way you are watching my rack...

ummm what can you tell? I play pool? I like a tight rack? I sometimes sleep in fluffy bunny pjs?

R

BassMasterK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The one with just your logo and name is your strongest shirt and the problem with that one is that there isn't a clear tie to pool with it unless people knew your brand. The boob shirts and the 8 ball one just don't do it for me.

RunoutKing

Registered
Since you want honesty, regardless of the brutality, let me say that from where I sit, your shirts are even more cheesy than any I've seen from any other brands in quite some time. Good Lord man, an eight and nine ball outlining a woman's breasts. It doesn't come any cheesier than that.
I know that some people consider pool players to be a bunch of beer swilling low-lifes, but I for one don't, and if I did I certainly wouldn't be wearing one of those shirt's proclaiming the fact.
Now this is twice today that I've had to chastise someone, and I don't like it. I'd much rather be spending my time making wise cracks.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I actually thought that shirt was cheesy too. I don't know why I even put it up. It has been taken down now. :grin:

time to work on more designs....

RunoutKing

Registered
The one with just your logo and name is your strongest shirt and the problem with that one is that there isn't a clear tie to pool with it unless people knew your brand. The boob shirts and the 8 ball one just don't do it for me.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree the one with just the logo is my favorite shirt. The reason it doesn't have more designs is because I wanted to keep it simple. I really appreciate the feedback! :thumbup:

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but even if the designs were good, they can't be silk screened.

All designs except your logo have heavy shading. This means they will require Simulated Process or Full-Color Separation. This is a VERY difficult thing to do and requires the best in the business to pull off, which is why it's rarely seen. The process will cost you to lose a ton of detail, and it's also insanely expensive to manufacture.

You also have too many colors. Using that many colors will cost you about $15 a shirt to screen, plus the setup cost of creating a screen for each color. Try to keep it down to 2-3 colors to keep the shirts cost effective.

The only way you can really pull this off is to use a technique called Digital Print, which is absolute garbage. Put it through the washer and dryer twice and the shirt is ruined.

Again, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I figure it's best to find out now rather than later.

Sorry man. :(

EDIT: Here, read this for a quick summary: http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Pros-and-Cons-of-T-Shirt-Printing&id=2151396

EDIT #2: I just noticed that you're using an 'on demand' printing service. They'll use Digital Print for sure, which... well....at $28 per shirt, you're going to have the worlds angriest customers (shirts made with Digital Print usually retail for about $12-$15 because of the low quality).

Last edited:

RunoutKing

Registered
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but even if the designs were good, they can't be silk screened.

All designs except your logo have heavy shading. This means they will require Simulated Process or Full-Color Separation. This is a VERY difficult thing to do and requires the best in the business to pull off, which is why it's rarely seen. The process will cost you to lose a ton of detail, and it's also insanely expensive to manufacture.

You also have too many colors. Using that many colors will cost you about $15 a shirt to screen, plus the setup cost of creating a screen for each color. Try to keep it down to 2-3 colors to keep the shirts cost effective.

The only way you can really pull this off is to use a technique called Digital Print, which is absolute garbage. Put it through the washer and dryer twice and the shirt is ruined.

Again, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I figure it's best to find out now rather than later.

Sorry man. :(

EDIT: Here, read this for a quick summary: http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Pros-and-Cons-of-T-Shirt-Printing&id=2151396

EDIT #2: I just noticed that you're using an 'on demand' printing service. They'll use Digital Print for sure, which... well....at $28 per shirt, you're going to have the worlds angriest customers (shirts made with Digital Print usually retail for about $12-$15 because of the low quality).

Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info, that really helps. I might have to try a different approach. :(

I appreciate the feedback

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
My take on T-Shirt for $20.00 is you are making a tough pitch, in what I consider a over saturated market with too many choices already. Last let me say good luck to you, and i hope you find your nitch!

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info, that really helps. I might have to try a different approach. :(

I appreciate the feedback

Don't give up hope man! It's a tough industry, especially for tshirts...but as they say "where there is a will, there is a way". Stick at it and I'm sure you'll figure something out.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Absolutely. I really didn't mean to be a wet blanket there, and I was more brutal than I should have been, but I think you should loose the boob shirt.
Keep working hard. Continue being honest with yourself. You'll do just fine. :)

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
All things considered, the basic design with your name on it does look pretty nice.

Perhaps once you get yourself started, and perhaps have a large selection of choices, you could still end up sticking (just) one of the boobie shirts in your catalog. Bad taste is still someones taste, and their money spends like everyone elses. I've been to enough bars where I could certainly see some of the clientele wearing a shirt like that. But looking at your initial offerings on the page it seemed like that style shirt was pretty much all you had, and that was indeed overkill. Mixed in as a novelty at the back of a large catalog of otherwise interesting selections, it wouldn't be a big deal or a bad thing, IMHO.

Good luck. Any business start-up is a challenge, I wish you well.