Kamui Black Super Soft

Slh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm thinking about putting a Kamui Black SS on my playing cue. I used a kamui black medium for a month but then I decided to took it off because after very little time the tip become very hard to the point it was almost unplayable. I know some players who sand their kamui tips very often and it's the only way to keep it at the right hardness.
Does the kamui super soft have the same problem as the medium of becoming too hard? It's my main worry because I like very soft tips.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I tried a medium first and it glazed and got quite a bit harder. I then stepped down to a super soft and it played like a medium tip to me. If you like a soft tip you probably won't like this one. It's no where close to an Elkmasters softness. This is just my experience so take it for what it's worth. My installer could've installed them wrong, but I don't think so.

gsxr750rr

Registered
yeah, they seem to get harder, I'm playing with a SS right now. When you think about it all soft tips get harder, just seems the Kamui blacks get harder, faster, so maybe its a good thing. After putting the SS on the tip got harder like within maybe 8 hrs of play. Now I'm going through the whole sand, tap, sand, tap, routine with these tips. They are a lot of maintenance to keep them grippy and holding chalk optimally but hey, it is what it is.

Slh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for the replies. I'm currently using an elkmaster tip and I like it but it lasts little time and wanted to try the kamui but looks like it would be too hard for my taste.

obrien714

Pool Video Addict
Silver Member
My experience

I went kumui ss and went through that rip in less than a year. I now use Tom hays soft ultra skin. Blows the kumui out of the water and the price is super cheap. Just my input.

Chuck521

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've the Med, Soft and SS. The medium hits like a Medium to me and I haven't had one glaze over on me, the soft took a little getting used to as it felt like a sponge on the end of my cue and the super soft was just way to soft for me. it made my cue feel different hit wise and was to spongy for me. and the super soft likes to mushroom on you, the soft will hold its shape way better. so if i was you i would go with the soft play with it and if its to soft take it down halfway and that should be a happy medium lol unless you like the soft tips then your gold. and in all reality you should be replacing your tip at least every 6-8 months I mean it is leather and will dry out.

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went kumui ss and went through that rip in less than a year. I now use Tom hays soft ultra skin. Blows the kumui out of the water and the price is super cheap. Just my input.

I want to echo this. I have been playing with ultra skin tips for a while and have no regrets. They hit good and are well priced.

SWANIE

Registered
Tips

Just ordered 100 ultra skin tips from, Tom they are the best layered tip at this time imo and have not had the problem of tips glazing over. I have installed over 30 of the ultra skins with one complaint that tip came off, turned out to be a problem with the ferrule Changed the ferrule and no more problems.