how are ya'll doing in league ?

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We had 8 ball ltc's this weekend .. Not much to say about it except the whole team sucked...including moi and we went 2 and out. Like I say at this time every year...always next year.

Last night at double jeapordy league the whole team played better....gess we put too much pressure on ourselves at ltc

I faced another 6 in 9 ball who I had never played before. I actually shot better than he did....well he missed shots that surprised me for him being a 6. He had a killer break though and that made up for his shooting and he won the match.

Then I played probably the best ...or one od the top 3 players in town in 8 ball. I lost 5-1 in a 5-3 race. 2 racks I lost were my own doing....poor cue ball position navigating all the congestion. Hate it when you get to the last one or two balls and wind up 2 inches short of where you need to be. On the bright side he complimented me on some great shots I made .

On to next week . Oh yea...should have my meucci carbon pro by the end of the week. I shot a couple racks after league with a friends carbon meucci last night and think I am gonna like it more than the revo. About the same deflection but a softer hit which helps me with my cue ball control....a lot closer hit to a wood shaft than the revo.

Understood on the "always next year".

We had on day 2 of States we won our first match, I beat a 6 75-21 and the rest of my team played well. Then we lost our second match of the day and it was our second loss so we were out. I shot last and after four matches the score was 45-35 (we were losing) and I had to keep a 6 to under 28 balls. And it's sudden death so everything is worth double - meaning he only needs to make about 12-14 balls.

There was a little back and forth but he took the lead at 14-6 then more back and forth and it's 50+ to 27, he needs one ball. I break, make a ball but no shot so play a safe. He kicks it and the CB ends up in jail. The only thing I had was some a ridiculous 3 rail, super hard and lots of english to shorten it up. Missed OB and scratched. I didn't even make him shoot the last ball.

Always nest year :rolleyes:

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then I played probably the best ...or one od the top 3 players in town in 8 ball. I lost 5-1 in a 5-3 race. 2 racks I lost were my own doing....poor cue ball position navigating all the congestion. Hate it when you get to the last one or two balls and wind up 2 inches short of where you need to be. On the bright side he complimented me on some great shots I made .

On to next week . Oh yea...should have my meucci carbon pro by the end of the week. I shot a couple racks after league with a friends carbon meucci last night and think I am gonna like it more than the revo. About the same deflection but a softer hit which helps me with my cue ball control....a lot closer hit to a wood shaft than the revo.

Sorry pal... I hope you like the Meucci Carbon. I have been playing with a Cuetec cynergy for about 3 months. Dearly love it.

On a happy note my 8 ball team qualified this weekend for our World Qualifier here. Very excited. Both my 8 team and 9 ball team are set. 9 ball World this weekend. 8 ball the following. Really hope one team makes it to Vegas. Don’t know what I will do if they both make it. That’s a lot of time in Vegas.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry pal... I hope you like the Meucci Carbon. I have been playing with a Cuetec cynergy for about 3 months. Dearly love it.

On a happy note my 8 ball team qualified this weekend for our World Qualifier here. Very excited. Both my 8 team and 9 ball team are set. 9 ball World this weekend. 8 ball the following. Really hope one team makes it to Vegas. Don’t know what I will do if they both make it. That’s a lot of time in Vegas.

Congrats on getting that far and good luck.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Given my skill level (9) and the fact that some of our players are probably due to go up, which will put us over the limit, I've been thinking about simply being a captain and building a team of players that can stick together for a few years so they can get nice groove going.

Anyone ever do that, be captain only, if so, how did it turn out?

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ced29c3362c5456c360ae7817123cc79.jpg

In my BCA eight ball league I had my best season ever winning the league MVP (extra $50) and most break and runs ($30)

That Revo sure helped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Raised to an SL7 in 9 ball (APA)...pretty proud of that!

Good job, now earn it :D

Every time I get raised (or Fargo jumps up) I try to find a flaw in my game and fix it. Seems like I've been improving my safety play since I was an SL7 and it's made all the difference in the world.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good job, now earn it :D

Every time I get raised (or Fargo jumps up) I try to find a flaw in my game and fix it. Seems like I've been improving my safety play since I was an SL7 and it's made all the difference in the world.
Thanks; yeah, in order to get those extra 9 balls, I will pick them off with good safties.

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ended our session this past Monday Night, was waiting for the results to come in (patiently of course) since the LO can take up to 5 mins before the next weeks match before updating the stats...finished as 9 ball MVP and will be playing on a team that has qualified in 8 and 9 ball for titleholders. Our team took 1st place in 9 ball this session but did not qualify in 8 ball this session (did last session though, so all is good). Excited about these upcoming tournaments and cannot wait to see how it all goes down, this is the strongest team I have been a part to this point, we should do well at titleholders.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks; yeah, in order to get those extra 9 balls, I will pick them off with good safties.

The beauty is, it's not just about the 9 balls. As you get better you play better competition and when you make mistakes they will make you pay for them. But when you can play safe and put them in jail you win :thumbup:

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Given my skill level (9) and the fact that some of our players are probably due to go up, which will put us over the limit, I've been thinking about simply being a captain and building a team of players that can stick together for a few years so they can get nice groove going.

Anyone ever do that, be captain only, if so, how did it turn out?

You mean a non-playing Captain?

kevoka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, but I would have to play a few games to stay eligible.

I do this for the two teams I captain. I will only fill in if someone doesn't show or not enough people can be there.

If you like to see others succeed and improve their play and get more enthusiastic about pool it can be rewarding, but you also need to be able let them fail and not be bothered by it.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I received a text from another captain in the middle of the day yesterday about the possibility of getting to league early and get a make up in. My team has 3 to make up so I said yea and text my team ti be there early . It just so happened that at the agreed upon time I only had myself and another 6 there and they had 2-3's .

Realm did not want to but I started 9 ball playing one of the 3's in a 46-25 race. Now I have mentioned " complained 😊" many times on here about my 9 ball break. first rack I break dry leaving the cue ball in the middle of the table and the one hanging in the side...2...hanging in the top corner...3 hanging in the opposite corner and muttered to myself that this 3 ". Who I thought was a decent 3...she always destroys my 3 but I guess that aint saying much. Well she proceeds to pocket the one and follows it in with the cue ball....i'll be damned. She made several more mistakes during the match and I cruised to a 46-9 win.

Then time for our regular league match and I faced an 8 who has always beats me...handily most times. He breaks and runs 5 balls then misses and I run out. Feeling good about being tied the first rack. I break dry and he runs the table. I mutter to myself about that lousy break and one of my opponents team mates ribs me....we are good friends. I manage to make a few balls here and there but I am getting frustrated ...and a first for me.....making it obvious I am getting frustrated with my lousy breaking...his good breaks....a few slop shots by him and i guess you could say i started doing a fair imitation of earl. very unlike me. So i did some self analyzing and realized he was getting in my head and I needed to just get comfortable in my own skin so to speak and just pls what the table gave me when it was my turn. I started playing some safes ...even when I had a decent shot. I quickly learned this boy cant kick worth a darn ...considering his skill level and he attempted several jump shots in which none were successful. When all the dust settled I won 46-47 in a 46-65 race. Unfriggin believable what getting your head right will do for you.

To add insult to injury a team mate approached him while we were shaking hands and asked him for his keys. what do you want with my keys he asked. To move your dump truck . It took me a sec to realize what my team mate meant and we all laughed as we are all good friends.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well my team shot pretty damn good this weekend. When made it through the Vegas Qualifier. See you guys in August. I hope my 8 ball team wins too. Going to be a long weekend coming up. I feel like I have been playing about the best pool I can.

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
Raised to an SL7 in 9 ball (APA)...pretty proud of that!

I was raised to the same level last year and took serious lumps for an entire session. I just couldn't get anything going because I felt like I had to prove I was a 7. After I relaxed and just started playing I started winning again. Good luck to you and congratulations.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well my team shot pretty damn good this weekend. When made it through the Vegas Qualifier. See you guys in August. I hope my 8 ball team wins too. Going to be a long weekend coming up. I feel like I have been playing about the best pool I can.

Good shooting and good luck :thumbup: