Varner in Chicago

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Nick Varner is supposed to be at Red Shoe tonight probably playing some one pocket with either John Lavin or Sergio Perez.

cscott67

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whaddup Dennis?

Are you side-betting on Lav? I was up there a cuople weeks ago, must have missed you, Scott;)

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
cscott67 said:
Are you side-betting on Lav? I was up there a cuople weeks ago, must have missed you, Scott;)

I'm not sure Lav really wants to get in the ring with him again. He'd rather put Sergio in. Varner clipped the two of them last week.

So you still travel down south once in a while.:cool:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
cscott67 said:
I don't know Lavin's game, but Sergio's pretty sporty. How do you compare them?

pj
chgo

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
I think they play even up.

I know Sergio is better than Lavin but don't know by how much.

I don't actually play one pocket myself.

cscott67

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Up north, we don't let the losers break!!!! ;OP

You know you are always wecome to drive up 2 hours for 1-pocket lessons anytime Dennis. I'll even help you with the banks too fo nada.

Patrick, Johnny will play any champion for ten or twenty a rack even. Sure, he does need a spot once the other player gets used to the equipment. (but by that time, he is not going to lose a whole lot) The tables are VERY tight GC's double shimmed. Plus, he is going to play on his fav as the house man.

RS is a good room with a lot of characters, whish I had a helicopter! Scott:D

1 Pocket Ghost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Patrick Johnson said:
I don't know Lavin's game, but Sergio's pretty sporty. How do you compare them?

pj
chgo

Hey Pat.....You've been getting some misinformation - you should have asked me.....Lavin plays 3 balls under Sergio.

ps, are you ever going to escape from your house, your wife, and your solitary-scientific-pool ruminations, and come over to Chris's, so we can continue your one pocket lessons ?..........^_^

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Hey Pat.....You've been getting some misinformation - you should have asked me.....Lavin plays 3 balls under Sergio.

ps, are you ever going to escape from your house, your wife, and your solitary-scientific-pool ruminations, and come over to Chris's, so we can continue your one pocket lessons ?..........^_^

Hey Bruce - I didn't recognize you by your nom de forum...

I might come by tonight (early) - gotta give Ed a shaft to repair and get another one re-tipped by Leo. Will you be around to administer my spanking? I've been a very bad boy...

pj
chgo

P.S. When are you and Jessica inviting me over?

Last edited:

half fast bankr

Purist / Traditionalist
Silver Member
If that really is your name....

And what are you thinking letting Leo do your tips? That man cannot keep his hands off the rest of the cue. For some reason, he feels it neccessary to do work below the ferrule! Drives many people nuts!!!

ragbug74

Next NYTimes Best-Seller!
Silver Member
Did Nick make it out to Red Shoes last night? Earlier in the evening, a buddy of mine called and said Nick was in NW Indiana at a local bar during weekly league play. After the leagues finished, he played challenge games against anyone in the bar. I don't know how long/late this went on.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
half fast bankr said:
If that really is your name....

And what are you thinking letting Leo do your tips? That man cannot keep his hands off the rest of the cue. For some reason, he feels it neccessary to do work below the ferrule! Drives many people nuts!!!
Joel?

Man, they'll let anybody in here.

Guess I gotta watch my manners now...

Leo's convenient - you just gotta tell him what not to touch (don't even go there).

pj
chgo

DEACON

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis, I went up to RS to see Nick play Sergio or whoever else was there. Ike was there and he ended up beating me up in a 4 hour bank session. Quiet night at RS. But, the good news, I did sell a Hager case. I will bring a few to show you next week. Deacon

thyme3421

Playing since 1.1.05..ish
Silver Member
dmgwalsh said:
Nick Varner is supposed to be at Red Shoe tonight probably playing some one pocket with either John Lavin or Sergio Perez.

Where abouts is this "red Shoes" place

just moved from colorado... still finding all the *good* places

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
thyme3421 said:
Where abouts is this "red Shoes" place

just moved from colorado... still finding all the *good* places

It is in Alsip, Ill, off 120th and Pulaski I think. South of Chicago. I am sure others can give you a better idea of were it is from you.

BWTadpole

The Nitcracker
Silver Member
rossaroni said:
It is in Alsip, Ill, off 120th and Pulaski I think. South of Chicago. I am sure others can give you a better idea of were it is from you.

The exact address is 12009 South Pulaski Road, Alsip, IL 60803, if you want to Mapquest it. Traveling south, it's on the left side of the road in a strip mall-type place, next to the Jewel. Just look for the big red BILLIARDS sign over the front windows.

1 Pocket Ghost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Patrick Johnson said:
Hey Sensei - I didn't recognize you by your nom de forum...

I might come by tonight (early) - gotta give Ed a shaft to repair and get another one re-tipped by Leo. Will you be around to administer my spanking? I've been a very bad boy...

P.S. When are you and Jessica inviting me over?
pj
chgo

I don't think I'm going to make it tonight, but I'm going to go tomorrow afternoon......

Sorry Pat, Jessica and I only invite girls over to the house....^_^

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
ragbug74 said:
Did Nick make it out to Red Shoes last night? Earlier in the evening, a buddy of mine called and said Nick was in NW Indiana at a local bar during weekly league play. After the leagues finished, he played challenge games against anyone in the bar. I don't know how long/late this went on.

I called RS early and John said Nick had called from Gary and probably wouldn't be by Thursday. Maybe tonight or Saturday.