After hours fun

Handsumm

Banned
Ha ha, you should have seen Ike's facemask. He looked like some kind of soldier on a video game or something. He said the smoke was getting to him, and he has a little bit of asthma.

Damn, I knew I would forget something...my camera!

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Renegade said:
How does this Kiamco guy stack up against the other filipinos, say Orcullo or Manalo?
After a slump in his game, compared to the other high level guy's games, Warren has been on a hot streak just before he left for the USA. I was told that he was spotting APA7 equivalent guys the 4, 6, 8, 10 and the break on the 4.25" inch pocket Brunswick Metro at Side Pocket and beating them. He's back!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Renegade said:
How does this Kiamco guy stack up against the other filipinos, say Orcullo or Manalo?

Warren is considered second echelon over there. Still plenty good.

gulfportdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Surprise finish...

Jay, did Kiamco and Gabico make it look good in the finals?:D Meanwhile Gabico almost got knocked out by Walter Glass. Who IS Walter Glass?

Doc

Handsumm

Banned
My friend Matt Bryan gave Gabica a damn good run for his money as well. Matt missed a relatively easy 8 that woulda made it hill-hill.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
gulfportdoc said:
Jay, did Kiamco and Gabico make it look good in the finals?:D Meanwhile Gabico almost got knocked out by Walter Glass. Who IS Walter Glass?

Doc

Yes, it looked good and they both said they were trying to win, because they have different backers. Nevertheless, I just felt Gabica was not making the same effort against Warren as against players like Kim and Shane. He made a couple of bad decisions, and one or two wild shots. That was enough for Warren to seal the deal.

Walter Glass is a very strong player who stays under the radar in Vegas.

cuycuy

Raya Representative
Silver Member
Renegade said:

Kiamco is a second tier player... around the speed of Manalo (or so say the experts) and a notch below Orcullo.

In an interview with Orcullo at billiardsphilippines.com Orcullo said:

Q: Who among Filipino players you admire most?

A: Dito sa Pilipinas maraming magagaling, pare-pareho lang. Pero ang gusto ko kasama si Warren Kiamco, kasi malamig siya maglaro.[/QUOTE]

A: "Here in the Philippines there are a lot of good players on the same level. But the player I like to be around with is Warren because he plays effortlessly..."

THE feared money-game player before the rise of Dennis, Warren enjoys the backing of Chinese patrons (being of Chinese descent himself) with deep pockets.

Warren suffered some type of sickness last year and it showed with his poor performances. This year, he signed up (along with top young talent Mike Takayama) and joined the stable of Perry Mariano , Orcullo, Alcano and Gabica's manager, to receive a consistent financial support for foreign campaigns and day-to-day living.

philw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
gulfportdoc said:

Doc
Doc, I met Walter Glass when he came through Chicago in the 80's I put up a little cash so he'd have more than 3 or 4 barrels to play with against some pretty good bar players. We ended up in a bar that had a table that may have been the worst playing table I have ever seen. Bad rolling, slow, indentations everywhere. I must say he played flawlessly running consecutive racks and never in any danger of losing. I was thoroughly impressed. Philw